Pre-Game Talk: Tampa @ Toronto - Game 2 - Thursday

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

If 11/7 is Keefe's master plan we are truly f***ed.

I’m actually done

What type of man fetish does keefe have with holl to play 11/7 just to keep him in.

We treat this guy likes he’s our franchise #1 dman. He’s a trash dime a dozen bottom pairing dman with insanely low iq. He’s been on the ice for twice as many more goals in 1 game this year than he himself was for the entirety of last year

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I can guarantee that both D are playing tomorrow. Hedman for sure. Cernak is just out today to make sure bunting gets as big of a suspension as possible. I highly doubt we have dont see them for game 2 and game 3.

Reactions: TIGERCOOL

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Cernak was hurt BEFORE Bunting skulled him, and couldn't skate off under his own power. Knowing what we know now about head injuries. I would be shocked if he played Thursday.
He skated off under his own power. Maybe I'm just skeptical from all of the times players have played dead against us only to pop up perfectly fine after punishment, but I'll believe it when I see him actually miss a game.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I can guarantee that both D are playing tomorrow. Hedman for sure. Cernak is just out today to make sure bunting gets as big of a suspension as possible. I highly doubt we have dont see them for game 2 and game 3.
That's a positive for the Leafs. If I were Tampa I'd roll Cernak out in practice today so Bunting gets a reduced suspension. He is helping them more than the Leafs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Why would they care about Bunting? Knies taking his place is better, and Jarnkrok is better with AM and MM.

Reactions: torontoblood

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
He skated off under his own power. Maybe I'm just skeptical from all of the times players have played dead against us only to pop up perfectly fine after punishment, but I'll believe it when I see him actually miss a game.
Yeah with two guys holding him up. I feel you though. That has happened to us too many times.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
If the Leafs turn to Joseph Woll it would be dripping with irony.

Can you imagine after Dubas goes through his revolving door of failed goaltenders since being appointed GM of ..

Garret Sparks, Michael Hutchinson, Jack Campbell, Kasimir Kaskisuo, David Rittich, Petr Mrazek, Erik Kallgren, Matt Murray, Ilya Samsonov etc

That he then turns in desperation to Lou Lam's drafted goalie Joseph Woll, whom he took in round #3 after taking Matthews in round #1 to try and save the Leafs season and his own job?

View attachment 691844

Priceless !!!!
Lou is the greatest!

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
There's no real way to know, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was milking it.. But Cernak has a concussion history and has been a frequent visitor to the IR in his career.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I like those lines way more. Jarnkrok mathews and marner had some decent chemistry and with ROR on the third line gives us more depth and scoring options. Ya JT-ROR-Nylander had a few good shifts, but JT and ROR are just to slow to play together.

Give sammy another shot as well. hes been lights out after shitty games

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
If Hedman/Cernak is out, what is Tampa’s defensive core? They’ll have 1 top 4 defenseman lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad