Tampa or Boston?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Truthfully would rather have Boston, Tampa is incredibly deep with their forwards and D... Stralman, Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev, damn.

That being said, I remember the last series we had against Boston and the cheating and other bullshit Marchand and the Bruins did. Don't want to see that garbage again was mad frustrating (remember when that rat threw a water bottle on the ice to delay time due to an icing)??

Cory Kennedy

Mar 24, 2018
Ontario
Both will be a tough battle, but Boston is scary right now.

Plus, when Kucherov or Stamkos scores on us I can at least respect that. When Marchand scores on us, I'll feel dirty....

Fantastic player, wish he was on my team, hate him so much.:laugh:
I didn't know you could play 2 teams in 1 round now

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I know the whole Plekanec/Marchand rivalry was years ago. I am intrigued to see if Plekanec still has got what it takes to get under his skin. Would be worth seeing that. Also I think the Bruins are running on fumes after an amazing run with all those injuries.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
With Carlo out, I think it's even more important to play Johnsson over Komarov if we face BOS (even though it's 100% the right move no matter the opponent) so that our 3rd and 4th lines can wreak havoc on their D while we contain and at least come close to breaking even vs their top 2 lines

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Tonights game TB vs Bos : Tampa outplayed Bos in the 1st...But the other 2 periods was Vasi being better than Rask.

As for Leafs vs who...

Boston can capitalize when the leafs are lazy, and can contain with some stingy D play. We would have to be scoring first and can never take the foot off the pedal.

Tampa is like a different version of us, high O, and decent D, with a Hot goalie. 50/50 crap shoot... Our 4 lines seem better, but they have some solid peices on the back end.

I feel like we have a slight easier time with Boston. and by slight i mean sliiiigghhhtttt.

GO leafs!!

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
I know its a small sample size and all but I do think some weird/inexplicable stuff exists when it comes to how certain players perform against certain teams. With that said, some food for thought:

- Rask vs Current Leafs' Core (2016-18)
1-5-0
.883 SV%
3.12 GAA

- Vasilevsky vs Current Leafs' Core (2016-18)
4-2-1
.905 SV%
2.75 GAA

- Andersen vs Bruins (2016-18)
6-1-0
.923 SV%
2.43 GAA

- Andersen vs Lightning (2016-18)
2-4-1
.897 SV%
3.29 GAA

Last edited:
Reactions: Keanu Reeves

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
I pick the team that will lose against us !

ruKus would like to play the 8 win 67 loss expansion team Washington capitals led by the great Mike Marson
I think we can beat both myself

Goooo storm chasing , teddy bear lovin LEAFS go !

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Because I do,I look at Boston and I see one line, a great line no question but still only 1 line, and it's not like Hyman Matthews Nylander can't match their production they can.

Once you get past Boston big line they fall short.

Boston can't match Marleau Kadri Marner

and they certainly can't match JVR Bozak Brown

But Tampa can yet for some reason everybody wants them.

give me the 1 line team every time

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I don't know about that, Tampa has Buffalo and Carolina 2 games they can absolutely win Boston has 3 games but 2 are against Florida they are going to bring it

That last game with Florida will be meaningless because they will be out of the playoffs by that time. Boston only needs to win two games, and they just never lose...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm not particularly worried about anyone.
If you're worried, why did you keep JVR and trade a 2nd for another rental???
I expect a run now. I didn't before but I do now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Implaying boston has no depth? weak sauce

Krejci,Heinen,Nash, Debrusk...oh yeah and that donato kid with 7 pts in his first 9 NHL games.
thats on top of what is easily the best 1st line in the league

Reactions: Gary Nylund

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The Leafs are better than Boston, they've won 3 of 4 games against them, but Boston is dirtier than Tampa Bay and we don't need anyone to get hurt .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad