Proposal: Tampa Bay+Vancouver Blockbuster

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
It’s a pretty bold trade and well thought out but not garbage like everyone is saying. Both teams just like their players better. Cirelli and sergachev is pretty good value for Hughes and podz. Johnson is better than Erikson. Hughes is probably the best player in the trade but not by much. Podz could be a great player one day or he might not pan out as well. Cirelli and sergachev are both great players already.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not getting rid of Serg and Cirelli. Young players who are already really good and getting better.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hughes and Pod?

Hedman and (a healthy/recovered) Kucherov.

Not Cirelli and Sergachev.

Nice try though.

And d0n't try to sell Johnson as any kind of value to us for Eriksson. Eriksson expires next season, and Johnson hangs around for three years after this one.

Horrible value and fit for Vancouver.
Hedman > Hughes + Podkolzin
Kucherov > Hughes + Podkolzin

Give me a break....

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I'm of the minority camp but I would do it.

Cirelli's 23 and Sergachev is 22, and both are signed for 3 years at $4.8 million per. Hughes and Podkolzin are both still on ELC's, while Loui makes $6 million. For Vancouver to also take Johnson would be absorbing close to $15 million. If Hughes signs for $7 million in the offseason (for simplicity sake) then this trade happens, it could be pretty balanced. With Sergachev and Cirelli, the quality of defense and offensive depth will be much improved, and they're still young so they'll still have room to further develop.

Miller - Petey - Boeser (default, functional #1 line)
Virtanen - Cirelli - Johnson (all can fly, and JV needs a play-maker to help him on the rush)
Hoglander - Horvat - Gaudette (hardworking, smart scoring unit, 2nd line would be 2-way unit)
Motte - Beagle - Roussel (just need to play sound defense)

Sergachev - Schmidt (big-minute unit)
Juolevi - Tyler Myers
Rathbone (?) - Hamonic

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I really hope OP isn't Canucks owner opening his conversation with Tampa's owner. Would it surprise me? No, that man likes to troll fans on Twitter already.

Canucks fan here, Canucks would have to at least add a second, or another prospect to get this deal done IMO.

Reactions: AndreRoy

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lol Vancouver fans acting like Serge and Cirelli are over the hill or old players. They fit right in. I can see not moving Hughes but that is some delusional shit to think that Serge and Cirelli don't make you better long term. I will enjoy sitting in Vancouver watching the team self destruct again and again while Benning and Green get paid.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Lol Vancouver fans acting like Serge and Cirelli are over the hill or old players. They fit right in. I can see not moving Hughes but that is some delusional shit to think that Serge and Cirelli don't make you better long term. I will enjoy sitting in Vancouver watching the team self destruct again and again while Benning and Green get paid.
Why would you enjoy it? We hate it, Benning is worse than anything and we want him out. We enjoyed watching the Lightening win the cup last year as such a exciting team, I hope we get a competent gm one day to make us win a cup (dreamer I know). But when it comes to trade PROPOSALS we go full on HOMER ;)

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Tampa says hell no. I get that Vancouver has no desire to move Hughes but each of the Tampa players is better than their counterpart in this proposal. Podkolzin is very intriguing too, don't get me wrong. But the Canucks would think harder about this one than Tampa.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Bertuzzipunch

Aug 9, 2020
Yeah we will keep hughes thanks. We aint getting rid of the best defenseman weve ever had regardless of the OPs atrocious analysis of hughes and the canucks.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad