Proposal: Tampa Bay+Vancouver Blockbuster

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
to all the canucks fans,

ask any tampa bay fans, Cirelli is the best player in this trade hands down and will be bergeron 2.0 and Sergechev will be Hedman-lite.

to all the Tampa bay fans

ask any vancouver fans, Hughes is the best player in this trade hands down and a future 1D(He's not a 1d though, he's something unique).

and Podkolzin is the second coming of god.

Since neither of you likes it, it's probably fair value.

Yall are crazy.

It's god damn awful, hell no.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
As a Vancouver fan, no chance I’m moving Hughes, but this doesn’t seem as bad as some say.

We get a great 3D back who is still 22 years old, another center who can anchor a line and is 23 years old, and a cap dump in Johnson who is actually not a bad player.

This makes us a better team right now, and gives us a few nice pieces going forward, but Hughes is not a player we should be trading. So I would politely decline, but not hang up laughing as some seem to suggest.

Reactions: Dankmemes187

Dankmemes187

Nov 18, 2020
This in particular interests me I suppose. Not that the rest isn't a wonder to look at, but....how old do you think Horvat actually is? A 23 year old as the heir apparent to a........25 year old?
cirelli is already scoring more than horvat and while playing limited minutes on the second PP. Sooner than you think

Dankmemes187

Nov 18, 2020
Tampa Bay is not going to make any blockbuster trades, because they don't need to make changes. They're getting Kucherov back at season's end. They are fine. They'll tinker, look to add a rental or two. That's probably it. They do not need to subtract anything from their roster, a roster that has run roughshod over the league for the last two seasons.
sorry this is a offseason trade, I just assumed people would understand this.

Reactions: Cogburn

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
In review
TBL going for the cup makes themselves better long term but less likely for cup this year.
VAN who will miss playoff get better now but worse long term.

Slightly backward motivations I would say.

Reactions: bh53

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Am I missing something, is Hughes that much better than Sergachev? Sure he has the higher point totals but he does a lot of that on the PP, he isn't going to be the #1 PP D in Tampa so those numbers will come down. Sergachev has more ES points than him this year and was only 7 behind him last year. Sergachev is bigger, stronger, physical, can play the PK, is just 16 months older and signed reasonable the next two seasons after this. If Hughes gets 6M+ this summer I don't see how he's got better value? Sergachev is a stud he's just stuck behind Hedman so he's not noticed as much.

As for the rest of the deal Cirelli is better than Podkolzin now and probably the next few seasons. Johnson is a bit overpaid but at least he's still an NHL player. So I'm not seeing why all the Vancouver fans are turning this down? They would jump all over this if offered which Tampa would never do.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Meh.

I don't think Hughes has THAT much more value than Sergachev. Cirelli is what you hope and pray that Podkolzin becomes. Johnson is more valuable than Eriksson.

This doesn't improve Tampa - it makes them worse.

I see why Vancouver would rather keep Hughes though.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Am I missing something, is Hughes that much better than Sergachev? Sure he has the higher point totals but he does a lot of that on the PP, he isn't going to be the #1 PP D in Tampa so those numbers will come down. Sergachev has more ES points than him this year and was only 7 behind him last year. Sergachev is bigger, stronger, physical, can play the PK, is just 16 months older and signed reasonable the next two seasons after this. If Hughes gets 6M+ this summer I don't see how he's got better value? Sergachev is a stud he's just stuck behind Hedman so he's not noticed as much.

As for the rest of the deal Cirelli is better than Podkolzin now and probably the next few seasons. Johnson is a bit overpaid but at least he's still an NHL player. So I'm not seeing why all the Vancouver fans are turning this down? They would jump all over this if offered which Tampa would never do.
Nuck fans say no because long-term it makes us worse.
People can break down Quinn's game any way they want but the fact remains he's at the age of 19-21 he has 84 points in 110 games and 18 in 18 playoff games a lot of those primary assists.
He's had a rough year adapting to a new partner especially the first 20 games where he started with Hamonic and they literally had one practise together, then it was with Benn until Hamonic returned and they have been ok together.
At the end of the day we haven't had someone as dynamic as Quinn who is putting up numbers that haven't been seen since the 80s and everyone knows learning to be a good defender doesn't happen overnight and if you watched him in the bubble he was playing 28 mins a night against 3 very physical team's and apart from 2 games he was fantastic, especially against the Blues.
He misses Tanev but he will\is learning and if ya got a unicorn you don't let that go.

As for Podz he is everything we need going forward with our young core. hes gonna be someone who gets Selke talk while being a leader hes one of the hardest working guys every shift I've ever seen at 19 and is the kind of winger every centre wants.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
There's a chance the Seattle Kraken may want a Washington state born player in Tyler Johnson.

If not, something that may work for both teams is Tyler Johnson (30%-40% retained) for Micheal Ferland (LTIR). Canucks get a 3C while the Lightning get a contract to circumvent the cap.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
cirelli is already scoring more than horvat and while playing limited minutes on the second PP. Sooner than you think

I think this is a bit disingenuous. Cirelli has a slightly better points/game this season than Horvat.

Admittedly I haven’t seen the details on Cirelli/TB, but does Cirelli match up against the same competition (I know he faces good comp) as Horvat?

Other than on the PP (or when EP is injured) are Horvat’s regular linemates better than Cirelli’s?

From what I’ve seen of Cirelli, he also doesn’t seem to be as dynamic a player as Horvat’s capable of being.

Either way, I don’t think this is that far fetched an offer, but I’m a firm believer in the team who gets the best player wins the deal. That’s Hughes.

And he makes sense for Van more in terms of timeline and area of need.

Reactions: Elusive Derposaurus

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hughes and Pod?

Hedman and (a healthy/recovered) Kucherov.

Not Cirelli and Sergachev.

Nice try though.

And d0n't try to sell Johnson as any kind of value to us for Eriksson. Eriksson expires next season, and Johnson hangs around for three years after this one.

Horrible value and fit for Vancouver.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tampa can legit be the first team to 3 peat (yes jumping the gun a bit) since I think the 80s isles

They're far and away the best team in the league and will be as long as their players keep taking the deals they have. This does not guarantee cups in hockey with playoffs often relying in a series of factors but it does give them a high likelyhood of winning rounds and being favourites entering the playoffs the next 2-3 years

Hughes makes them a worse team. He isnt as strong defensively as Sergacehv and offensively hes worse than Hedman so wont get as much PP time

Cirelli is a great 2C while Podzolkin is a unlikely to be that level of player for atleadt a few years

Tampa wont consider trading Sergachev+Cirelli unless Eichel (they add a bit) is coming back not Hughes

Tampa holds their incredibly impactful young players and attempts to be a dynasty

Vancouvar tries to build around Hughes and Pettersson and hope they can get to the Bolts current spot in the future

lawrence

May 19, 2012
you know it's horrible trade when even Canuck haters are siding with the Canucks.

I also don't care that you guys hate Hughes because he's on the Canucks roster. But he is expected to be an important player for the Canucks and there are some expecations for Podkolzin for our team especially with JT Miller taking a hike in 2 summers. I do really like Cirelli though.

Reactions: Cogburn

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
I'll probably get murdered for saying this but this is awful for Tampa... I mean, I get that the Canucks would never move Hughes at this point, and Pod looks like he'll be a nice piece too, but Sergachev & Cirelli are great players too. There's big upside there too potentially. Johnson's contract is awful for sure, and he appears to be in decline (though perhaps it's more just a matter of a reduced role) but he's still an NHL caliber talent, which is more than I can say for Eriksson, who only really brings some defensive sensibility to the table at this point

Both teams say no. This actively makes both teams worse

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

Im confused too. Seems like fair deal value wise and comments here suggested this is some kind of terrible proposal.
Cirelli Sergachev duo could probably land Eichel.
I understand that you would not do it this from either side but surely its not lopsided trade.

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Put me in the camp of this is brutal for the Lightning.. I like Hughes a lot, and Pod might end up being something but... Cirelli and Serg are studs.

Don't think there's a massive gap between Serg and Hughes value wise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad