Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Tied in wins, with the Devils getting more points, thus making them the better road team by any non-homer definition of better road team.

Just usually when I hear about records like that I hear about "most road wins" not "most road points", is all.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
You're due to see a win. :yo:
He better be!! Cause if we lose I'm blamin his ass :laugh:

(and on edit, since some get overly sensitive sometimes, a caveat: I'm only joking. I hope he enjoys the hell out of the game with his father, whether we win or lose.)

Last edited:

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I see us scoring 5 this game I don't know why but a 5-1 win is on its way. Fast kreider girardi st Louis and brassard all with goals in this one. We are due for a good one and some guys are just due to score.

Ranger30Oiler97*

May 14, 2015
I live in Edmonton so i don't get much coverage on the Rangers .. Any update on zuccs? Could we see him in Florida ?

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Not trying to "backseat moderate" or anything like that, but im pretty sure that Megusta didn't shut down the Zucc thread to have the conversation there bleed into other threads (although thats really inevitable) :)

That said ;

I live in Edmonton so i don't get much coverage on the Rangers .. Any update on zuccs? Could we see him in Florida ?
No new information that i am aware of (nothing in Norwegian newspapers at least, but i dont watch Twitter, which is the logical place for new information to surface). So until something new and official comes our way, he is "out indefinitely, and in light training".

Latest from the New York Post seems to be this article.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Alright. Guess he really improved his skating. Man, if he still can make those big hits like everyone promised, I can easily forget about Stralman not being on the Rangers.
He's not a great skater but he has big strides so can cover ground quickly. Has anyone else noticed that. I was impressed with his ability to make-up ground.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think Tampa was surprised by how different the Rangers team from yesterday was from the team they saw during the regular season. They havent played for a while.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The 3rd line was surprisingly effective. Subtle little line change by AV. The Lightning 3rd pairing of Sustr-Carle is not mobile. Good luck catching Hagelin-Moore-MSL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm going to the game tomorrow with my Dad. Not sure I should considering I've gone to 2 playoff games this season, and they've lost them both :laugh:

I've been a Rangers fan over 40 years.

For a long time I use to think that **** that I did leading up to a game would have some kind of bearing on how the game would turn out. It's a ridiculous notion but very common to sports fans of any stripe. And the truth is--it doesn't. They win--they don't win. Elation on the one hand or the feeling of being cheated on the other.

Being in the stands waving your towels and making a lot of noise might help the team some. The team knows then its fans are interested and are motivated to giving its collective best effort.

The law of averages says your attendance 'should' (operative word) see us win today. Go to the game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Whether he's skating at all? is one question. I don't know. Apparently he's been working out some and travels with the team and watches the game in whatever arena.

He's not practicing with the team. Best case scenario right now--seems the next round--if we make it. Even that isn't a guarantee. It may be he's just done for the year.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Whether he's skating at all? is one question. I don't know. Apparently he's been working out some and travels with the team and watches the game in whatever arena.

He's not practicing with the team. Best case scenario right now--seems the next round--if we make it. Even that isn't a guarantee. It may be he's just done for the year.

Yup, nothing indicating that he's skating yet. Agreed on the rest.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
2-0 would go a long way.

Win. Please.

Really big game in the series for sure. TB will be making the changes they need to address their failures the other night and I expect them to come out hard. I think we can still contain the 4 we need and that Staal, Boyle (or Klein?), Mac and G will be up to their tasks. If we do, we should be fine, and I'll peg the series at 5-6. If TB wins tonight, corrects what they need and are able to skate with speed, get their lines goin and win the game, then I think it'll be one heck of a sign that this is gonna be a long drawn out series going 7 (though of course you never know). And we need to do everything in our power to stay out of the box. Washington's pp was so hyped yet did so little; and they never really scared me all that much. But TB's is the real deal; just scary good.

But yeah, we need to outskate them, contain them, bury our chances and win this game. Then not let it get to our heads, steal one in TB, come home and close it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad