Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
The last time we took a 2-0 lead after a pair of home games was on May 1 and 3 of 1994. Can the Rangers to show all those 30-and-under youngsters what winning both home games look like? Also, why does it seem like we haven't scored more than 2 goals in two games in a row in forever. Literally can't remember it.

Steve Valiquette said that a goalie can lose up to 14 pounds in one game if it's particularly difficult. Therefore, I must conclude that Lundqvist was 375 pounds before the playoffs began.

Impossible. A wrestler could maybe lose that much in a several hour practice, with near-constant activity while drinking no water, and a sauna at the end. And it would have to be a heavy wrestler.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I think what that statement means is a goalie can lose 14 pounds to sweat.

Most of that would be replenished during the game. So they wouldn't actually have a 14 pound difference on the scale between the start and end of the game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
....practice or no practice hopefully he's still out but I wouldn't be surprised to see Brian Boyle in the lineup tomorrow.

The Rangers were really good on Saturday--Tampa struggled. Tampa's a good team. I expect they'll play better. We are more a 4 line team than they are though. I even think our most problematic defenders aren't quite as bad as theirs.

Tampa is going to need to give to stop the Rangers coming out of the corners and playing behind their net so much. I'm not sure they're up to it.

Anyway hopefully we win.

Bernmeister--Henrik's playing---he don't need no rest. You don't play around with playoff games.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
We didn't want you to go either, Stralsy. I blame the Islanders and their inability to hold onto Boyle.

Back to the game: Let's go to Florida up 2-0. Huge opportunity and we need to seize it. Play like we did in the first period of Game 1 and we should win.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
We are the best road team in NHL history, and Tampa might not even win tomorrow. That's how to get **** done. I'm confident. LGR!

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
No, literally the best road team in NHL history.

I don't know what the Canadiens road record was when they won the cup in '77, but it had to have been insane. The Red Wings in the 90s were insane, too.

I'll look around for some road records....to see if the Rangers are better on the road.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Any advanced stats guys can tell us about our shooting percentage? Is it something that someone would call "unsustainably low"? If so, why aren't all of the usual suspects that called us lucky before calling us unlucky now?

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
We are the best road team in NHL history, and Tampa might not even win tomorrow. That's how to get **** done. I'm confident. LGR!

Found one team that was better. Devils in 1998-99 were 28-10-3 on the Road. We were 28-11-2 this year. They beat us by a point.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
When did Stralman say this?

I feel bad for Stralman out of the recent Rangers that have left the team over the past couple of years or so. He wanted to stay a Ranger, but the Ranger brass chose Boyle over him.

Stralman admitted as such last July/August that he didn't want to leave.

Stralman has always said he wanted to stay a Ranger but the negotiations were lacking and made it clear they wanted to go in a different direction. He said it a bunch in the off season and when he came back to MSG early this year.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Found one team that was better. Devils in 1998-99 were 28-10-3 on the Road. We were 28-11-2 this year. They beat us by a point.
Wouldn't be about points on the road, it would be about wins. Which would make it tied. Or I would think. But maybe not? I dunno lol.

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Wouldn't be about points on the road, it would be about wins. Which would make it tied. Or I would think.

Tied in wins, with the Devils getting more points, thus making them the better road team by any non-homer definition of better road team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad