Tampa Bay Lightning Defeat the New Jersey Devils 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the ECSF

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
NJD kept this closer than I imagined. Schneider was a difference maker. The best thing to come out if this series for NJD is Schneider reclaiming his career. They have their starter back.

If the Bs advance, should be a wonderful series.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This series was never going to end in another way.

But I think Devils did good, way better than I thought they would play.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
In one thread: "HIRSCHIER DOESN'T GET NO RESPECT!"

In the other: "HALL IS DRAGGING AROUND TWO SCRUBS ON HIS LINE!!!"
Rational people (most Devils fans):

Hischier is 18/19, in his first NHL season and second in NA. He is a physically immature, yet still battles his ass off to produce like a borderline 1C, who is defensively aware. Yes, Hall has helped him a ton, but he has also helped Hall.

No, he is not as good as the line mates of other Hart contenders like Kucherov (Stamkos), Giroux (Couturier and Voracek for half the season) and Mackinnon (Rantanen and Landeskog).

Are you still confused, or do you need further elaboration?

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Rational people (most Devils fans):

Hischier is 18/19, in his first NHL season and second in NA. He is a physically immature, yet still battles his ass off to produce like a borderline 1C, who is defensively aware. Yes, Hall has helped him a ton, but he has also helped Hall.

No, he is not as good as the line mates of other Hart contenders like Kucherov (Stamkos), Giroux (Couturier and Voracek for half the season) and Mackinnon (Rantanen and Landeskog).

Are you still confused, or do you need further elaboration?

Given this assessment of Hischier, one I agree with, what did you think of Sergachev(shelterd use 19yo) and Cirelli(20yo rook) for the Lightning?

jcaulfield8

Apr 19, 2018
Most of them aren't.
Fair enough. I had a few beers at the game and read through he thread as I was walking home. Saw a few that said this but didn’t check on the name of the poster. My bad. Thought you guys were solid, but just at the start of your journey.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Execution and goaltending seems to have made this series look much worse than it was. Scoring chances, shots and puck possession were all pretty even. Tampa Bay's defense was great against Hall.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I'm not sure OP knows what he's talking about in the title.

I heard so much about how the Devils swept the season series. This series is tied 4-4, 'mate.

are you really still faulting devs fans for trying to rally around something?

we knew what we were up against and most if not all expected a series loss..... sorry for trying to keep it positive.... :sarcasm:

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Both looked fine. Sergachev was expected, but Cirelli was a name I had never heard of until game 1. Goddam.

I loved Coleman. Admittedly haven't watched much of the Devils all year. I just appreciate his hustle and grit. I think the Devils are a legit PMD/Offensive Defenseman, grown Hischier, and another 2/3C from deeper playoff runs. Hall needs help, but not necessarily on his line. He needs a Brayden Point on another line and more than Vatanen on the back-end. You guys should bring Carlson home and pay him well.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
NJD kept this closer than I imagined. Schneider was a difference maker. The best thing to come out if this series for NJD is Schneider reclaiming his career. They have their starter back.

If the Bs advance, should be a wonderful series.
I could see them making short work of Boston to be honest.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
thanks alot for putting schneider in goal.... handed the series to tampa.... not like kinkaid was the hero that got NJ into the playoffs... :mad::thumbd:

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Fun series, game 3 is a lifelong memory for me. Hell of a game.

Fun banter with most Tampa fans too, though there's something about people from Florida that makes having a discussion difficult. Not nearly as bad as Panthers fans, though, so that's something I guess.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
thanks alot for putting schneider in goal.... handed the series to tampa.... not like kinkaid was the hero that got NJ into the playoffs... :mad::thumbd:

What? Schneider was like 1.7gaa .950% or something nuts. Schneider wasn't the problem. Secondary scoring, lack of PMD beyond Vatanen are what I'd point to. Basically just outdepthed. Being able to skate Hedman or McD for 50minutes a game is pretty nuts as far as dealing with opposing teams' offense.

If Kinkaid starts in that game today, Bolts win this game going away. Schneider earned his 2nd star in the Arena.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Can’t believe devils fans are saying with vats they win game 4 and 5.....then they blame the refs for blatant calls the refs had to make. They blame everything but the difference in talent and coaching....those that actually think these are the reasons why they lost, please find your way back to reality before the 18/19 season starts up
Only major homers believe that.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Makes you wonder if Schneider started this series, if there would have been a different outcome through the first 4 games. Kinkaid gave up some really bad goals in Game 1 and 2.

Maybe but I still think it is just more games like today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad