Tampa Bay Lightning Defeat the New Jersey Devils 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the ECSF

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Congrats Tampa!

AR-304219747.jpg

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually surprised with how good NJD was and before the start expected a shorter and easier 4-0 series.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Good series.

NJ obviously outmatched but they have a lot to be proud of. Lost two one goal games (not counting ENG). Schneider re-found his mojo, Johansson was able to hold up in three playoff games and the kids got some valuable playoff experience. It's not going to be easy getting back in the playoffs, but what a year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good series, got very heated in Games 3 and 4, but today just seemed to be less intense for both teams and a lot cleaner of a game, even with some big hits. Was close in the end in the final mins of the last game. Schneider really kept them in this series as much as he could. Anyway NJ def have a bright future and this is just the first step for them.

Also on a more friendlier note, if you ever want to talk Pizza and Bagels, I’m game.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
I was on the Hall for Hart "Train" before this series. I'm on the MacKinnon Train now. I don't think I've ever seen a winger play worse D, take dumber penalties and cherry pick like Hall. I understand why he plays like that, he's the vast majority of their offense. That kind of play is likely not sustainable. I take a forward like Point over Hall for this reason. Pointer won't ever be as flashy or score as much as Hall, but he plays 200' and doesn't "cheat the game" in favor of offense.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I was on the Hall for Hart "Train" before this series. I'm on the MacKinnon Train now. I don't think I've ever seen a winger play worse D, take dumber penalties and cherry pick like Hall. I understand why he plays like that, he's the vast majority of their offense. That kind of play is likely not sustainable. I take a forward like Point over Hall for this reason. Pointer won't ever be as flashy or score as much as Hall, but he plays 200' and doesn't "cheat the game" in favor of offense.
haha

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

I get being happy that your team won, but.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad