Post-Game Talk: Tale of Two Jets Teams - Jets fall 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Part of this should be attributed to the fact that Scheif and Wheels are the forecheckers on that line. Ehlers is not big enough to engage with big NHL defensemen. They keep him high to find soft spots and for his shot. IMO- that is a good use of his skills.

Myers- and Buff have a green light to go full offense - considering how offensively challenged we are- not the worst plan

I don't mind Ehlers not engaging physically on the forecheck (although I think he could a bit more). The problem is mainly on the rush. Personally I don't think Myers has the talent or IQ to make that at all a good tradeoff vs. Ehlers. He should try passing more, or even look for a pass. But he keeps hogging the puck and PDQ it's coming back to the Jets' end.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My 7 year old kid is in an outdoor tournament which is a blast and last night my wife and I went with a bunch of friends to the Deer and Almond pop up and the entire forks area was magic last night.

I am kind of glad I missed the game. What a season the Jets are having. :baghead:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I am with you Sip on Armia- he really should be on the Moose developing. If being up with the big club teaches him that he needs work on his defensive play, speed, and overall skill development than I am ok with him... I see him as a 3rd liner at best more likely a 4th liner on a playoff team.

Let's face it- we are very near the point that we activate our farm hands to close out the season.

Ehlers- pleasantly surprised by his development- but wish he could have done a stint in the A as well.

Burmi- see Armia- 4th liner with PK duties. Nothing more

With 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 games Armia is more like Copp than most admit, at least Copp brings uh, uh, uh, well he has 1 goal in 47 games plus he comes cheap....

If anyone can't see why the Jets are dead last with players like these I don't know what to say...

Oilers waiver pickup Kassian has 2 goals and 2 assists in 8 games....just saying.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
With 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 games Armia is more like Copp than most admit, at least Copp brings uh, uh, uh, well he has 1 goal in 47 games plus he comes cheap....

If anyone can't see why the Jets are dead last with players like these I don't know what to say...

Oilers waiver pickup Kassian has 2 goals and 2 assists in 8 games....just saying.

The real problem is with ou 3rd D pairing. Unlike the 4th line Stu and Chiarot get enough ice time to actually impact the games in a negative way.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The real problem is with ou 3rd D pairing. Unlike the 4th line Stu and Chiarot get enough ice time to actually impact the games in a negative way.

The third and fourth lines have to at least give you something, neither line has given anything this season. In years past guys like Slater at least chipped in 10 goals. There are more than a few guys on this years Jets team that have no business being in the NHL, non-players included!

True enough, switching out Stu and Chariot for Pardy and Postma might be a start!

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Best part of the game last night was seeing Stuart stapled to the bench in the 3rd period. Just 2 shifts.:handclap: It was great to see him just sitting there and not taking a shift. Well worth the $200+ for tickets.;)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I agree that Armia didn't have a good game but he put not 1 , not 2 but 3 passes right on Thorburn's stick and Thorburn couldn't accept any of them :shakehead If someone could get some balls and stop dressing Thorburn and Stuart , i don't care who you dress instead , Postma and Raffl or give De Leo a shot , this right away becomes a better team .... addition by subtraction !!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I agree that Armia didn't have a good game but he put not 1 , not 2 but 3 passes right on Thorburn's stick and Thorburn couldn't accept any of them :shakehead If someone could get some balls and stop dressing Thorburn and Stuart , i don't care who you dress instead , Postma and Raffl or give De Leo a shot , this right away becomes a better team .... addition by subtraction !!

Hey give Thor some credit. He was on the ice for 8 minutes and got a primary assist on Burmi's goal. Of course he was also on the ice for a goal against in the first. But so was Armia (different time).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Seems the NHL changed the Jets 3rd goal from Buff and gave it to Wheeler.

Wheeler (14) Byfuglien, Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad