Post-Game Talk: Tale of Two Jets Teams - Jets fall 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I worked late tonight. Came in with 4 to go in the first. 4-zip. Quite a few Jets played well from there on. Score effects. Ehlers made some absolutely sick plays. Armia was good. Burmi was good. Among others. Too little too late, again.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't understand how people think Burmi was good. I think other than the goal and that play on the PK he was pretty bad

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I don't understand how people think Burmi was good. I think other than the goal and that play on the PK he was pretty bad
Yup, same old turnover-machine and offensive black hole. Hope he stays with Thorburn, the other offensive blackhole.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Well since that one site you don't speak about is down since yesterday and likely not coming back, I'm not gonna be able to watch another Jets game again this season. Perfect timing I guess? :laugh:

GO TANK!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Well since that one site you don't speak about is down since yesterday and likely not coming back, I'm not gonna be able to watch another Jets game again this season. Perfect timing I guess? :laugh:

GO TANK!

Get Game Center Live? I think it's gotten better after the nhl tv update, the xbox app is amazing, I've had only one game blacked out this year. since you live in Germany blackouts shouldn't be a problem anyways

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Get Game Center Live? I think it's gotten better after the nhl tv update, the xbox app is amazing, I've had only one game blacked out this year. since you live in Germany blackouts shouldn't be a problem anyways

I won't subscribe to anything new this season, I don't think it's gonna be worth the money if it's about the Jets. But thanks for thinking about me :P

Next season I'll go back to NHL.tv (which is the name of GCL now btw).

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Yup, same old turnover-machine and offensive black hole. Hope he stays with Thorburn, the other offensive blackhole.

Take out the first 10 min where he was absolutely horrible, he was more effective than armia. I do see some flashes in armia but defensively he's weak and he still needs to make better stick handling decisions. Like burmi often does he stick handles himself into nowhere, and like burmi he has pretty good vision on passing decisions. It's kind of interesting some of the similarities I see.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Wow you must be that lucky 1% who is having good experiences with nhltv on Xbox. I'm jealous.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I missed the game. Sounds like a good one for the tanksters. I read that there were boooos for Helle. That is something I dont like to hear. I mean, the fans have the right to do it but he is still a rookie. I wouldnt be booing our best hope for a real goaltender in Jets 2.0 history.

Now, lets go see whats going on in the tank thread.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I would be willing to bet any booing there may have been wasn't for Helly...more likely just general booing of another bad showing by the team.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
haha, yeah that fits.

We're only about 5 losses away from the point where we'd have to literally run the table for the rest of the season to even have a hope of getting a wc spot. The way things are going we could have 5 losses in our next 6 or 7 games! It ain't happening. It's time for Chevy to get some real work done so this season isn't a total loss...

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Take out the first 10 min where he was absolutely horrible, he was more effective than armia. I do see some flashes in armia but defensively he's weak and he still needs to make better stick handling decisions. Like burmi often does he stick handles himself into nowhere, and like burmi he has pretty good vision on passing decisions. It's kind of interesting some of the similarities I see.
Yeah, sure xD XD

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Our tracking on backcheck is awful again. Burmi had his man coming into the zone on that one goal and lost him once the shot was had. We have struggled mightily in this area of over back checking, not reading the rush well and not tracking and sticking with the late guy.
We have spoken about a big shakeup up front, maybe our d's need a major shakeup/overhaul. Start with Stu obviously, but we really need to ice something vastly different there next year. Id like:

Buff Hamonic
Theodore Trouba
Morrissey Myers

That is a change I think we need. In that scenario you resign Buff, trade Enstrom for Hamonic, and grab Theo for Ladd.

km204

Oct 20, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Our tracking on backcheck is awful again. Burmi had his man coming into the zone on that one goal and lost him once the shot was had. We have struggled mightily in this area of over back checking, not reading the rush well and not tracking and sticking with the late guy.
We have spoken about a big shakeup up front, maybe our d's need a major shakeup/overhaul. Start with Stu obviously, but we really need to ice something vastly different there next year. Id like:

Buff Hamonic
Theodore Trouba
Morrissey Myers

That is a change I think we need. In that scenario you resign Buff, trade Enstrom for Hamonic, and grab Theo for Ladd.

You're crazy if you think either of those deals have a chance at happening.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Buff Hamonic
Theodore Trouba
Morrissey Myers

I'd buy that! You do dream big. :)

Hamonic & Theodore cost a lot more than Enstrom & Ladd I'm afraid.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I worked late tonight. Came in with 4 to go in the first. 4-zip. Quite a few Jets played well from there on. Score effects. Ehlers made some absolutely sick plays. Armia was good. Burmi was good. Among others. Too little too late, again.

Really don't get how anyone can say Armia was good, he does absolutely nothing defensively in his own zone, one of the goals he stood there as a Cane skated right by him for a goal, he holds up on chances he can make a hit and shy's away from contact but if the feel good story is that he is good go with it!:shakehead

Ehlers was good.

Burmi was good for parts of the game, vg on the PK.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
This is the first time since like the 08 Oilers, where I just don't give a **** about hockey right now. *sigh*

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
No matter our position I'm still looking forward to every game. Just call me a masochist!

Watching the game live it was interesting how many times ehlers was left to cover defense in the offensive zone instead of playing forward where he's more effective. Also notable how he was the first one back many times when he was behind the other net to start. He covers ALL of the ice pretty darn quickly. Very impressive guy to watch live.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I would be willing to bet any booing there may have been wasn't for Helly...more likely just general booing of another bad showing by the team.

Yes, it's not like there's a Boo Pointer that will direct the vitriol in a tight beam to the intended recipient's ears only. Although, that would be pretty cool.

While I don't boo, I certainly watched the game without any enthusiasm after that point. I didn't even bother cheering the "comeback" goals. At one point, I just started watching my bus tracker and wishing they would just give up another goal so we could leave early. Of course, they did eventually but stayed in it just long enough so we missed that bus by about a minute. Typical Jets, annoying me on many levels.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Watching the game live it was interesting how many times ehlers was left to cover defense in the offensive zone instead of playing forward where he's more effective. Also notable how he was the first one back many times when he was behind the other net to start. He covers ALL of the ice pretty darn quickly. Very impressive guy to watch live.

I've seen that a lot too. I would call it irritating or frustrating more than interesting. I think Ehlers spends more time in Myers' position than Myers does. As you say, he's a way more effective offensive player than Myers is but he's spending too much time standing around at the point watching Myers fruitlessly hog the puck and hotdog it up.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Really don't get how anyone can say Armia was good, he does absolutely nothing defensively in his own zone, one of the goals he stood there as a Cane skated right by him for a goal, he holds up on chances he can make a hit and shy's away from contact but if the feel good story is that he is good go with it!:shakehead

Ehlers was good.

Burmi was good for parts of the game, vg on the PK.

I am with you Sip on Armia- he really should be on the Moose developing. If being up with the big club teaches him that he needs work on his defensive play, speed, and overall skill development than I am ok with him... I see him as a 3rd liner at best more likely a 4th liner on a playoff team.

Let's face it- we are very near the point that we activate our farm hands to close out the season.

Ehlers- pleasantly surprised by his development- but wish he could have done a stint in the A as well.

Burmi- see Armia- 4th liner with PK duties. Nothing more

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
I've seen that a lot too. I would call it irritating or frustrating more than interesting. I think Ehlers spends more time in Myers' position than Myers does. As you say, he's a way more effective offensive player than Myers is but he's spending too much time standing around at the point watching Myers fruitlessly hog the puck and hotdog it up.

Part of this should be attributed to the fact that Scheif and Wheels are the forecheckers on that line. Ehlers is not big enough to engage with big NHL defensemen. They keep him high to find soft spots and for his shot. IMO- that is a good use of his skills.

Myers- and Buff have a green light to go full offense - considering how offensively challenged we are- not the worst plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad