Votes: 198 43.2%
  • Marner

Votes: 260 56.8%

• Total voters

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Yo if Buffalo players are so god damn good and dahlin is the best and Tt is amazing and everyone is great why do you guys suck so god damn much?

I don't think we suck right now.

Goalies and injuries are a thing but even with that we don't suck.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I mean the the other player has been a consistent scorer for more than 4 years

Tage is becoming over rated on these boards

I mean not really
He's on pace for 60+ goals and 130 points. Obviously that isn't going to keep up, but he's exploded in the past season and a half. Sky's the limit for a kid with his size and talent.

Marner's amazing, but Thompson is such a rare player.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He's on pace for 60+ goals and 130 points. Obviously that isn't going to keep up, but he's exploded in the past season and a half. Sky's the limit for a kid with his size and talent.

Marner's amazing, but Thompson is such a rare player.

Everyone is screaming from the roof tops Matthews has peaked, I think it's likely this is Tage's peak. He never does this again

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Well, he has to do it first. Still a stud on a steal of a contract. Hard to say though, 6'6 with the hands and speed that he has .. can't think of anyone like him in my ~15 years of watching hockey.

He doesn't use his size at all so not really sure why that matters

• Haha
Reactions: start winnin

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Everyone is screaming from the roof tops Matthews has peaked, I think it's likely this is Tage's peak. He never does this again
A few people have said Matthews has peaked but he is still a Top 50 player in the league and the second best player to ever come from Arizona.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's Marner for me, but Thompson is turning into a unicorn and making things interesting
I think I'm about ready to flip flop on this. Nothing against Marner, but what Thompson is doing is beginning to look increasingly sustainable. If he's even able to keep up 80% of what he's shown this year I think it'll be him moving forward.

Better goal scorer, plays the more important position, and has a more varied offensive toolset.

He's got 24g 46p in his last 24gp. Leads the league in ES scoring and goals (by 4) during that timeframe, and McDavid only has 1 more point. He's shooting at 19.8% in that span, which is probably a bit high but not too unexpected considering the way he shoots the puck.

I don't think Marner has ever put up a stretch like that. TT is threatening to become a perennial 60+ goal 120+ point center.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I prefer Marner he's a more proven product than Tage

Tage is good that's great but Marners been doing it longer

I'll take the more proven product over someone whos having a great

If Tage does it next year then yah ill change my mind maybe

But this poll is stupid its two different types of players

Both very good at what they do
Thompson had 39 tucks last year eh. I keep seeing this stuff about him doing it for a full season. He has over 100 points over his last 82 games.

Yo if Buffalo players are so god damn good and dahlin is the best and Tt is amazing and everyone is great why do you guys suck so god damn much?

Tage has to get there first at some point
I am a sens fan and they absolutely do not 'suck so god damn much'. Have you watched them at all, have you looked at their record and goal differential.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Voted Marner...but Thompson is making this hella interesting.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Careers to date: Marner

Right now: Thompson

Projected moving forward: TBD with me leaning Thompson but I'm wary of the relatively small sample size when comparing it to Marner's body of work as a productive winger who's been pushing 90-100 points over a full year. Even if this is just a career peak and Thompson rounds out to "just" be a 40/40 guy while Marner is 25/70, I'd still pick Thompson moving forward because of his size, better goal scoring touch, position, and contract.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Marner has been better over a long period of time.

Thompson is who I’d invest in. Contract, size and position make him more appealing.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

Please tell me more about how he doesn't use his size. So many of these highlight reel plays are facilitated by the fact that when Tage puts his body between the puck and the defender, there's simply nothing the defender can do.

He’s cheating. That’s not using his size!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
now do playoff games...... OH wait

74w5o6.jpg

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
beats getting slapped in the regular season...... imagine arguing about playoff wins for the sabres LOL.

Honestly not sure it does lmfao.

And if your tears are this salty regarding the Sabres now, you'll have a couple of genuine salt shakers on your face in a year or two.

Cheers :cheers:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He doesn't use his size at all so not really sure why that matters

Dude, watch his highlights at least. I don’t think I’ve seen someone use such a huge reach to drive to the net in a long time.

He absolutely uses his size, I don’t think that’s up for debate. Such an outrageous take!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad