Who is better: Tage Thompson or Mitch Marner

• Thompson

Votes: 198 43.2%
  • Marner

Votes: 260 56.8%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They're both 25 years old. Both have 28 points this year.

However, past 4 seasons combined Marner had 325 points. Thompson has 94. So Marner last season alone scored more points than Thompson had in his past 4 years combined.

Answer is pretty obvious.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
B8ED1931-CA76-4822-8B01-3A4AC6CA91A1.gif

Reactions: Primary Assist

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They're both 25 years old. Both have 28 points this year.

However, past 4 seasons combined Marner had 325 points. Thompson has 94. So Marner last season alone scored more points than Thompson had in his past 4 years combined.

Answer is pretty obvious.
The poll is not asking who the better player was before this season.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Tage is super entertaining to watch but this comfortably Marner. Way longer track record of high productivity and better defensively and on special teams as well.

Tage is probably one of my top 5 players to watch that doesn't play for Toronto. Such a unique skill set. Buffalo's got a good one!!

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I love threads like this. Thompson has a great night (he's a great player, don't get me wrong), and troll Habs fans obsess and fixate on the Leafs and feel the need to make silly troll threads that backfire on them.
I love posts like this. Homer Leafs fan obsessed and fixated on his own boy, and feels the need to make silly homer responses, that eventually backfire on them (come playoff time).

Thompson looks like the real deal. It was an honest post and no trolling intended. Currently tied with Mitch for points with two less games played. Thompson has far less of a supporting cast then Mitch and is playing like an absolute beast. Mitch for that matter is playing like a beast as well. My purpose in this poll was to praise Thompson by comparing him to a great winger. Not to troll Leafs fans.

If I was trolling Leafs fans, I would have brought up the 4.5 odd million in AAV between the two! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: RapidKnight

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I love posts like this. Homer Leafs fan obsessed and fixated on his own boy, and feels the need to make silly homer responses, that eventually backfire on them (come playoff time).

Thompson looks like the real deal. It was an honest post and no trolling intended. Currently tied with Mitch for points with two less games played. Thompson has far less of a supporting cast then Mitch and is playing like an absolute beast. Mitch for that matter is playing like a beast as well. My purpose in this poll was to praise Thompson by comparing him to a great winger. Not to troll Leafs fans.

If I was trolling Leafs fans, I would have brought up the 4.5 odd million in AAV between the two! ;)
How am I fixated on 'my boy' because the poll didn't go the way you were hoping?

My response will 'backfire on me' come playoff time? What? I'm quite certain that if the Leafs lose in the playoffs I won't be thinking of this thread, and Thompson won't even be in the playoffs, so what exactly is going to backfire?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad