T-Blades

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
Anyone on here try them? I hear alot of nice things about the system. I currently have Vapors XXX's and RBK's 7ks I was wondering if anyone could gimme a suggestion about the T-blade system if it would be well for me to switch to them. Thanks :)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Blackjack said:
I thought it seemed cool, but everyone I asked warned me away from Tblades

All the Euros in the NHL used to wear them, now I almost never see them. :dunno:
Seems like only the Germans wear them. Hecht, Erhoff, Goc, etc.

To me, I don't see any benefits other than for those that live far away from a place to get skates sharpened. I guess T-Blades are lighter than normal holders too, though it's not by much. I've also read that it's a ***** to adjust to, like the first few skates you really feel like a clown.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
In my experiences they sound different, but there isn't anything to adapt to. It's basically just like a usual sharpening, but lasts longer. I prefer to tinker with hollow radius' on my skates, so they didn't work out that well. If you can't locate a good sharpener, I'd suggest them, but otherwise there isn't an advantage to them.

I also think they are a German invention, or have their main plant there, which is why so many German's use them.

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
EazyB97 said:
In my experiences they sound different, but there isn't anything to adapt to. It's basically just like a usual sharpening, but lasts longer. I prefer to tinker with hollow radius' on my skates, so they didn't work out that well. If you can't locate a good sharpener, I'd suggest them, but otherwise there isn't an advantage to them.

I also think they are a German invention, or have their main plant there, which is why so many German's use them.

Thanks, the problem I have with shaprenings, they are so damn inconsistant :(

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Well - I have a different opinion.

First few times on them, I felt like i was WAY back on my heels. Now, I love them - feel like I can lean into turns a lot more. The one thing I had to get used to was the noise - they are quite loud, especially when you have an inefficient skating style like me (I'm old and slow).

If you have a good sharpener close-by, then it's definitely a tossup - I'd stick with regular blades. I live in South Texas and have never had a good sharpening yet, plus they charge $9. T'blades ensure I always have good, sharp steel.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
tbintexas said:

First few times on them, I felt like i was WAY back on my heels. Now, I love them - feel like I can lean into turns a lot more. The one thing I had to get used to was the noise - they are quite loud, especially when you have an inefficient skating style like me (I'm old and slow).

If you have a good sharpener close-by, then it's definitely a tossup - I'd stick with regular blades. I live in South Texas and have never had a good sharpening yet, plus they charge $9. T'blades ensure I always have good, sharp steel.
yeah thats WAY !!! over priced it costs me $3 CDN to get mine done and there usually done well

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Dan Galvin said:
bump for more people who have had these. I've had a hard time lately with finding a place to get mine sharpened when I need them. Would like to hear some more T Blade stories :)

You mean replacement blades? Best to order in bulk, and keep them on hand to swap whenever you need to.

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
I bought some t'blades back in december and love them. Keep in mind I've only been playing for a few years and wasn't really happy with the skates I had previously.

They're pretty loud, similar to a duck quacking when u skate. They have a different feel too...takes several skates to get used to the them. Once I did I found my skating improved two-fold.

It's been about 5-6 months and the blades are still going strong...I've been using them 1-2 times a week...would have needed 3-4 sharpenings with regular blades.

MiZZZike said:
T-Blade = Stupid.
Well...might as well throw them out then. :shakehead

I found myself way too far on my heels with tblades on my boots. After switching to CCM pro tacks, my skating form has improved alot, although it took about 5 hours of ice time to adjust to having regular blades in a more forward rocker. I liked tblades. They just look and sound stupid.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
tbintexas said:

You should just order like 2-3 pairs blades of steel, and have them sharpened and profiled like you want.. There a few sites that does this.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They'll likely do that when they are mounted. Not all holders (Tuuk, Lightspeed, Cobra, T'Blades, etc..) are set-up the same. So to put it on your skate, they need to drill into the sole of the skate.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
EazyB97 said:
They'll likely do that when they are mounted. Not all holders (Tuuk, Lightspeed, Cobra, T'Blades, etc..) are set-up the same. So to put it on your skate, they need to drill into the sole of the skate.
Oh ok. Not a big deal I assume. Thanks Eazy for the info. Much appreciated. So you don't think there is much of a feel difference from a regular blade? You no longer skate with T Blades correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad