T-Blades

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Buya89 said:
Anyone on here try them? I hear alot of nice things about the system. I currently have Vapors XXX's and RBK's 7ks I was wondering if anyone could gimme a suggestion about the T-blade system if it would be well for me to switch to them. Thanks :)

A little off topic but which skate do you like better? The XXX's or the 7k's or 8k's if you had the choice?

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
RBK's are so much easier to break in, and it seems like they are made to last, while xxx's are nice for about 2 months and then start to deteriorate, but I'd give performance edge to Vapors.... for now :)

santiclaws

May 19, 2005
Love mine. I got'em because getting a sharpening was a crapshoot and also a pain in the ***. But the t'blades have improved my turning and crossovers, maybe only because the rocker/contour is consistent from one blade to the next, I dunno. Whatever the reason, I love the unexpected benefit. They do feel a bit different, but for me the adjustment period was about 10 minutes.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
santiclaws said:
Love mine. I got'em because getting a sharpening was a crapshoot and also a pain in the ***. But the t'blades have improved my turning and crossovers, maybe only because the rocker/contour is consistent from one blade to the next, I dunno. Whatever the reason, I love the unexpected benefit. They do feel a bit different, but for me the adjustment period was about 10 minutes.
Cool, where did you get yours at?

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site

Ok, the last few times I've had my skates sharpened it was a nightmare. I tried to order t blades a couple of weeks ago,but I didn't know what type of rocker I have. The place I was going to order them from told me to ask a sharpening place. They would be able to tell as they set it into the machine. Well, they didn't know. Is there anywhere else I can figure out the type of rocker I have? I'm really frustrated with the sharpenings I have been getting. Thanks.

Sucheewan

Jul 23, 2006
+1 for the t-blades. use the L - 9mm for a full year on my graf 705's, and can't say enough about them. Durable/strong, light, & consistent edge and hollow.
I feel it put me more on my toes/ balls of feet and far better balance from that. It's actually stopping me from getting the ONE90's cause I like them so much, I need new boots bad.

For those wondering which rocker to get, go with the long. I find myself much faster going straight. I started with the short and found I easily adjusted to L ( harder to crossover at first) after a few skates. Try em all(3 rockers), there not that expensive

Last edited:

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
if I had the money to spend on new skates(even though I just bought some new skates) I'd buy a pair of salming F1s. $150 for a pair and I hear they are fantastic, even comparable to grafs!!!!!

santiclaws

May 19, 2005
Cool, where did you get yours at?
A bit belated, but I got mine at the monkey.

CAUTION: Make sure to look at your holder if you get the t'blades to get the right size. Their chart is based on Graf skates and is even off with Grafs. I have Grafs and ended up having to exchange the blades because I initially went with the sizing chart on the site and ended up with t'blades which were too short, and I know another guy who did the same thing.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I asked same question once here and got mixed results. I did some research before I bought mine CCM Vector ZG130 (which I'm pretty happy with). Most T-blade haters never bother to figure out what is that they need, skated on first blade and condemned it because it was different. If you take time and pick up suitable blade, you'll be just fine.
T-blade system allow you to experiment with different rocker and hollow curves on your runner. In other words, you could customize your skates. You may need to go through 2 to 5 different shapes before you get one you like.
I suggest to start with the T-blade that close replicate the skate you are skating now. To do so yo need to know 1) your rocker 2) your sharpening hollow radius 3) your boot size. I suppose everyone knows the boot size. In case you know ONLY that, if your skates are CCM, you rocker radius would be 11 ft. Bauer use smaller rocker - 9 ft. The hollow radius is next. The smaller the hollow radius, the more "bite" you get. some people just hate when skates "bite" too much. They scratch the ice diligently after each sharpening before starting skating, while all they needed to do is ask the guy who sharpens the skates to retool the machine for larger hollow radius. Most pro shops use 1/4" or 5/8" hollow when you get you skates sharpened. I like mine at 3/16" or at 3/4" (hate when they "bite").
Getting done all the home work I recieved the skates that were very close to what I used to plus I got Vector boot which is by far superior to TACKS one I had before.
Only after I broke my new Vectors in I started to experiment with different runners. I did not depart much from what I had before - just one size smaller rocker ( My order came with 11') and 3/4" hollow radius (I got 3/16"). But it took me through 2 runners because you cannot change more then one parameter at the time to understand the difference. Each blade cost $15. So including shipping I ended up spending $40 more. As a result I have the skates that are impeccable.
T-blade system, IMO is like two piece stick that alows you to use different blade curves. Some players never bother to try different blade and doing just fine. It is up to you.

Last edited:

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
I asked same question once here and got mixed results. I did some research before I bought mine CCM Vector ZG130 (which I'm pretty happy with). Most T-blade haters never bother to figure out what is that they need, skated on first blade and condemned it because it was different. If you take time and pick up suitable blade, you'll be just fine.
T-blade system allow you to experiment with different rocker and hollow curves on your runner. In other words, you could customize your skates. You may need to go through 2 to 5 different shapes before you get one you like.
I suggest to start with the T-blade that close replicate the skate you are skating now. To do so yo need to know 1) your rocker 2) your sharpening hollow radius 3) your boot size. I suppose everyone knows the boot size. In case you know ONLY that, if your skates are CCM, you rocker radius would be 11 ft. Bauer use smaller rocker - 9 ft. The hollow radius is next. The smaller the hollow radius, the more "bite" you get. some people just hate when skates "bite" too much. They scratch the ice diligently after each sharpening before starting skating, while all they needed to do is ask the guy who sharpens the skates to retool the machine for larger hollow radius. Most pro shops use 1/4" or 5/8" hollow when you get you skates sharpened. I like mine at 3/16" or at 3/4" (hate when they "bite").
Getting done all the home work I recieved the skates that were very close to what I used to plus I got Vector boot which is by far superior to TACKS one I had before.
Only after I broke my new Vectors in I started to experiment with different runners. I did not depart much from what I had before - just one size smaller rocker ( My order came with 11') and 3/4" hollow radius (I got 3/16"). But it took me through 2 runners because you cannot change more then one parameter at the time to understand the difference. Each blade cost $15. So including shipping I ended up spending $40 more. As a result I have the skates that are impeccable.
T-blade system, IMO is like two piece stick that alows you to use different blade curves. Some players never bother to try different blade and doing just fine. It is up to you.
Ok so I get my skates sharpened at 5/8 when I go in...that would be my hollow radius correct? And my skates are CCMs so my rocker radius is 11? Is that all I need to know to get started? You started off with a rocker radius of 11 and moved down to a??10? What is the difference between the 11 and 10? Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
Ok so I get my skates sharpened at 5/8 when I go in...that would be my hollow radius correct? And my skates are CCMs so my rocker radius is 11? Is that all I need to know to get started? You started off with a rocker radius of 11 and moved down to a??10? What is the difference between the 11 and 10? Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Sorry 1 month delay... T-blade is a German company. They use metric system and letters. The best thing is to go to thier web site and find all conversions there using my previous post as a guide.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
i have graf 502's with t blades. they took a while to get used to, but i love them. i bought them from brians, the guy there does the sharpening for team canada. he told me when i bought them that i should steer clear of the cobras because the t blade is going to replace normal holders within the next 5 years. i believehim because to get cobras it was an extra 60 bucks.

one thing you forget about t blades is that if you have a problem with the blade, you just buy a new one. you can take them to any ice, on the pond, w/e, and not worry about permanent damage to your blades.

i'm getting 705's this week and i'm definitely getting t blades on them asap. theyre lighter and just way better. i think theyre ugly as sin but w/e.

Scoopz

Sep 12, 2008
I bought Graf G35 Supras last season and I intially planned to change the holder system but after I tried the T-bladez I loved them. I found I had a big increase in speed and my turning was improved drastically. I also found the noise wasn't as bad as everyone said. The one problem I did have with them is the blades are really fragile and chip/break apart pretty easily. Pucks off the blade is not a good idea haha. When I went to replace them last time I noticed my blade had actually split and had several deep cuts in the other. As for replacing them I find I have to replace them roughly every 2 to 3 months (I play 2-3 times a week). I did find however at first is was really hard to find the right T-Bladez for my skates because not alot of retailers even though I live in a major Canadian city did not carry the right sizes. Overall though, I love the skates alot and the T-Bladez were definatly worth keeping.

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
Wow talk about bringing a thread back from the dead :)
I've using T'Blades for quite a while now and really like them as well.
A couple of tips:
- I like the long runner as a defenseman which are hard to find, so I get the runners in bulk 5 or 10 sets at a time
- when the runners start to get dull I switch them around and they last a little longer
- get the Drill bit makes switching runners a breeze :)

Kopistar

Jan 28, 2007
Have them on my old Bauer 3000's. At first it felt like the blade was too small but I got used to them very quickly. I love the ability to turn a heck of a lot sharper than I could in the old skates.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
There's lots of quality sharpners around here but think about it.
If you like youre blades always really sharp (like me) there's no reasons to not go with T-Blades, even if you can get quality sharpenings.
Because:

1) Sharpening cost gaz to get there + ~7$.
2) New t-blades cost ~20$ and last for almost a full season while I had to sharpen my old blades after every game before.
3) You can have several blades for different purposes, I have blades for indoors hockey and blades for outdoor hockey so you dont fck up all your blades when playing outside.

Money wise it's alot smarter to get t-blades if you like your blades to be sharpen to teh max.

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
There's lots of quality sharpners around here but think about it.
If you like youre blades always really sharp (like me) there's no reasons to not go with T-Blades, even if you can get quality sharpenings.
Because:

1) Sharpening cost gaz to get there + ~7$.
2) New t-blades cost ~20$ and last for almost a full season while I had to sharpen my old blades after every game before.
3) You can have several blades for different purposes, I have blades for indoors hockey and blades for outdoor hockey so you dont fck up all your blades when playing outside.

Money wise it's alot smarter to get t-blades if you like your blades to be sharpen to teh max.

I can also get good sharpening here, but would like to add these comments:
4) less hassle, with the power drill it takes 5 minutes to switch the blades, I can do it just before I pack my bag in the basement and don't have to make to the Hockey store before it closes,
5) my blades stay the same over time, the rocker and height don't change.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Reading this topic has given me one of the biggest surprises of my life. I have dealt with a bunch of them before (selling, replacing, etc. at my job) and think they're one of the worst ideas ever. I am honestly surprised that there are this many people in the world that like them. Interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad