GDT: Switzerland vs. Norway, December 29

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

Tbh I was thinking this at first too, but realistically they will score a few goals against you and you’d have to score one more against a team that hasn’t let a single goal in yet… it’ll definitely be easier to score goals against Canada
Canada is just the worst possible matchup for this roster and Swiss junior teams in general besides the US. Sweden might be very well the better team but I feel like the chance to hang on as long as possible in the quarters is bigger against the Swedes than against the Canadians. Its no coincidence that we have never beaten Canada at the WJC but have upset Sweden before. That being said the chances for an upset are extremely low against both teams.

Reactions: Pieck

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
He was a 5th round pick by Anaheim. Can they trade him the Swiss National Team in the NHL (New Jersey Devils)? I mean he was born in Newark, NJ.
Its a huge longshot. His skating and defense is horrible at times. But he‘s a great passer and offensive D maybe he can make it but this is highly unlikely, there‘s a reason he was undrafted at first and a fifth round pick later.

Reactions: MVP Zacha

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Canada is just the worst possible matchup for this roster and Swiss junior teams in general besides the US. Sweden might be very well the better team but I feel like the chance to hang on as long as possible in the quarters is bigger against the Swedes than against the Canadians. Its no coincidence that we have never beaten Canada at the WJC but have upset Sweden before. That being said the chances for an upset are extremely low against both teams.
We were surprisingly close to both teams in the exhibition games, nearly went to OT against Sweden but with Beglieri in net i don‘t see a chance against Canada he gave up some soft ones in the exhibition. Sweden could be possible but as you said the chances are very low of an upset happening.

Reactions: Hinterland

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
At least we are in the quarter...

Given how we got destroyed by the US, I'd say the probability of an upset in quarter must be zero lol

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I find it really strange the relegation is only one game, even stranger that they make both teams wait until Jan 4th. Given that Norway is one of the two teams who are done before the 31st, they will have a 5 day wait (4 consecutive off days) before playing again.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I find it really strange the relegation is only one game, even stranger that they make both teams wait until Jan 4th. Given that Norway is one of the two teams who are done before the 31st, they will have a 5 day wait (4 consecutive off days) before playing again.
It's strange indeed. The Norwegians looked like they could do with some rest though. They ran out of steam.

Reactions: novisor

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Norweigan's could use the time to make some specials adjustments as well. Their PK was especially poor and that was down mainly to coaching. Their base PK is the wedge which worked great against the US but the other teams had different setups or adjusted their setups to attack the Norweigans. They refused to adjust to shooters coming at them from the flanks, relying on the goaltender to make a difficult save and then they would hope to clear the rebound.

They looked tired and really lost composure.. I give them a punchers chance though if rested and don't take more than a penalty or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00