GDT: Switzerland vs. Norway, December 29

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Ok, my brain is in a blender a bit. USA sorry of struggled against Norway 🇳🇴 but absolutely dummied Switzerland 🇨🇭
2 reasons imo:

Norway’s grit helps them match up better against USA. Switzerland has none of that, but is probably still the better team overall, just not a match for USA

Switzerland went down 5-1 pretty quickly, mostly due to poor play from their 3rd string goalie. Hard to motivate yourself to play hard for a full 60 in a clearly lost game against a better opponent, so it got out of hand.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah and PP with no one time options seems a bit odd to me Schild and Weber could bring more in a One-Tee position IMO
Yeah. Like I said...no one timers, nobody moving, nothing happening. Not really Müller's fault. If he necessarily has to be on PP1 is a different question. He's the team's best forward but not necessarily a lock for PP1 in my view. Like I said, Braillard should be on there.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Schild with a goal after two fairly dumb penalties one of which lead to a norwegian goal

Yeah. Like I said...no one timers, nobody moving, nothing happening. Not really Müller's fault. If he necessarily has to be on PP1 is a different question. He's the team's best forward but not necessarily a lock for PP1 in my view. Like I said, Braillard should be on there.
Yeah Braillard could do well on PP1 i don‘t really see a lock for PP1 except Dionicio maybe Taibel as Bumper but not other player strikes me as necessary for that line

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Thats probably it. I don't see the Norwegians coming back after that. They are out of steam. Now rest the first line and Dionicio a bit. I also want to see some more of Reber in the third.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
2 reasons imo:

Norway’s grit helps them match up better against USA. Switzerland has none of that, but is probably still the better team overall, just not a match for USA

Switzerland went down 5-1 pretty quickly, mostly due to poor play from their 3rd string goalie. Hard to motivate yourself to play hard for a full 60 in a clearly lost game against a better opponent, so it got out of hand.
Yep, I agree it is just so weird. But that is why the WJC is so awesome.

Reactions: Pieck

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You can see that this Norway team does have talent but sadly, it does have the same problems as previous Norwegian teams. Skating and depth. They had the same problem vs Slovakia. Played a good 1st period, then fell apart in the 2nd.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Thats probably it. I don't see the Norwegians coming back after that. They are out of steam. Now rest the first line and Dionicio a bit. I also want to see some more of Reber in the third.

Yeah. Most certainly game over. Don't think Norway has anything left in their tanks.

Props to Beglieri though. The Norwegian goals weren't his fault and he made some good stops as well. If he gives up a couple of stinkers in the 1st, something he tends to do quite often, then we'd have a different game I'm pretty sure.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is over imo.. curious how hard Swiss play tomorrow? They still have third available.

Norway vs Latvia or germany?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This is easy to explain with the structure of the Swiss roster (all speed and skill) and the Swiss starting a very poor goalie vs the US. Beglieri isn't normally any better but he's been fair so far in this game vs Norway.
Norway is a far worse team with a weak goaltender. Norway wasn't gong to win but with all the penalties they had no chance.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This is over imo.. curious how hard Swiss play tomorrow? They still have third available.

Norway vs Latvia or germany?
Much higher odds at Latvia playing in relegation. Even if they win against Germany in regulation Finland needs to nab a point against Sweden to avoid it.

Edit: well, unless they win by a 3 goal margin.

Reactions: Pieck

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Another goal by dionicio if he improves his defense and skating he could be a legit NHL prospect.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dionicio doing Dionicio things.
Having said that, the Norwegians are barely moving anymore.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Much higher odds at Latvia playing in relegation. Even if they win against Germany in regulation Finland needs to nab a point against Sweden to avoid it.
Sweden might have an interest in whipping Finland if they know it will put them into a relegation game.

Another goal by dionicio if he improves his defense and skating he could be a legit NHL prospect.
Not a chance.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Swiss could be a dangerous 4th seed. Sweden can’t underestimate them one bit.

Norway I believe will win the relegation match, but then again it is just 1 game…

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I'd honestly rather have Sweden in the quarters than Canada. Not that I think they are the worse team per se. But I'd say our chances for an upset are marginally higher against the tre kronor.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I want a Dionicio hattrick now. Gotta use him as a forward. Do it, Jenni!

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
I'd honestly rather have Sweden in the quarters than Canada. Not that I think they are the worse team per se. But I'd say our chances for an upset are marginally higher against the tre kronor.
Tbh I was thinking this at first too, but realistically they will score a few goals against you and you’d have to score one more against a team that hasn’t let a single goal in yet… it’ll definitely be easier to score goals against Canada

Reactions: Hinterland

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
He was a 5th round pick by Anaheim. Can they trade him the Swiss National Team in the NHL (New Jersey Devils)? I mean he was born in Newark, NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad