GDT: Switzerland vs. Norway, December 29

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm with Button on this one. That's not a penalty.
Button is clueless in this instance. It's a 2 minute boarding penalty just like the hit on Beck should have been. If that isn't boarding then there is no such thing. You can't hit a guy into the boards that's 4-5 feet from the boards.

Reactions: Jakk123

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
It‘s not enough if you play better and have more chances we need to score to win and the norwegians are just more efficent.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
A Latvia-Switzerland relegation match would be brutal.

Switzerland hasn't played in Div IA for 15 years.

Still technically a chance (10% give or take) for a Germany-Switzerland relegation battle.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Still technically a chance (10% give or take) for a Germany-Switzerland relegation battle.
Personally, I think it would be fun. If that's what it takes for a SIHF house cleaning, I'm all for it:laugh:
Wouldn't be fun for those other D1 kids though. The 06 kids are the strongest Swiss group maybe in forever. 05 not very strong but guys like Braillard or Gredig will be tough to stop next year as well.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
If Norway can keep this up Switzerland are in big trouble.

No two plus two?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Personally, I think it would be fun. If that's what it takes for a SIHF house cleaning, I'm all for it:laugh:
Wouldn't be fun for those other D1 kids though. The 06 kids are the strongest Swiss group maybe in forever. 05 not very strong but guys like Braillard or Gredig will be tough to stop next year as well.
You dreamer du :laugh:

Jenni would just carry on in the B Division and nobody would care.

Edit finally.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hinterland

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia

Technically, Finland can still play a relegation game if they lose their last game and Latvia beats Germany by a score differential of 4 or more.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Technically, Finland can still play a relegation game if they lose their last game and Latvia beats Germany by a score differential of 4 or more.
Wouldn’t it be Germany in 5th place then

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well deserved goal. Wonder if the norwegians are getting tired.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
The swiss commentator said that Taibel plays for ehc Winnetou😂(he wanted to say Winterthur)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss roaring back. They can still finish third in the group too. Relegation or third are both on the table.lol

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
A two goal lead would feel pretty good right about now.

Edit. Dionicio picks the same corner as Taibel.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Why is Lian Bichsel currently playing for Rogle (SHL) and not here for Switzerland?
Long story. Short version is that there's history (bad blood) between the SIHF and Bichsel (and many other players). Bichsel had good reasons not to play:laugh:

Some more info about it is in the Switzerland WJC20 thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: tade

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Ok, my brain is in a blender a bit. USA sorry of struggled against Norway 🇳🇴 but absolutely dummied Switzerland 🇨🇭

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Miles müller is very skilled but surprisingly bad in PP situations
Well. I think he just resorted to shooting pucks because nothing else worked. In earlier games he was the only one moving. Swiss PP is far too stationary. Nobody moving, no one timers, nothing happening. So now he's probably just sick of the bs and decided to keep on shooting himself whenever he gets the puck.

This is a coaching problem. Also, Braillard should be on the half wall of PP1 as he can really make things happen. He's the most creative player on that roster.

Reactions: Speyer

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Ok, my brain is in a blender a bit. USA sorry of struggled against Norway 🇳🇴 but absolutely dummied Switzerland 🇨🇭
Switzerland probably gave the game up after the early 2:0 lead of the americans to concentrate on the most important game against norway today is my guess

Reactions: Speyer

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
This is easy to explain with the structure of the Swiss roster (all speed and skill) and the Swiss starting a very poor goalie vs the US. Beglieri isn't normally any better but he's been fair so far in this game vs Norway.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Well. I think he just resorted to shooting pucks because nothing else worked. In earlier games he was the only one moving. Swiss PP is far too stationary. Nobody moving, no one timers, nothing happening. So now he's probably just sick of the bs and decided to keep on shooting himself whenever he gets the puck.

This is a coaching problem. Also, Braillard should be on the half wall of PP1 as he can really make things happen. He's the most creative player on that roster.
Yeah and PP with no one time options seems a bit odd to me Schild and Weber could bring more in a One-Tee position IMO

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3