Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
He was busy signing Campbell 😂
Dubas was begging Campbell to resign. He wanted a goalie upgrade and when worried he couldn't get it circled back to Campbell who felt slighted. It's not like some brilliant decision to let him walk. He wanted him.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
26-6 in shots blocked, if we were equally good in getting shots through thats 20 shots more on goal. That could have been at least 2 goals more right there.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I am really pissed at how much potential has been squandered here over the years.

Far less talented Leafs teams have done considerably more damage in the postseason and were fun to root for to boot.

What has happened here...the legacy of the Brendan Shanahan era is nothing but empty promises and disappointment.

It's a shame.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly, I really have never seen any sports team where they have the best goal scorer along with one of the best forward in the league to constantly disappear in the playoffs or games that mattered.
I seen top players mail it in when they play those trap games or uneventful regular season games but they usually showed up when it matters

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Keefe is a given. He's done because they are going to make some change and he's the easiest to move. He's done here and I think he knows it.

Other major changes are 100% necessary, let's see what happens.
Shipping out only Keefewould be the equivalent of putting out a forest fire with a water pistol. If you had to place a wager on whether we’ll still be a bunch of phoney f**ks in 5 years where would your money go?

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

One of those coaches has multiple Stanley Cups.

The other has a Kyle Dubas loin cloth.

Shipping out only Keefewould be the equivalent of putting out a forest fire with a water pistol. If you had to place a wager on whether we’ll still be a bunch of phoney f**ks in 5 years where would your money go?
Oh I agree entirely, my trigger-happy ass would burn this shit down to the studs in the next few years because I'm sick of all of them.. but that's not going to happen.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Keefe is a given. He's done because they are going to make some change and he's the easiest to move. He's done here and I think he knows it.

Other major changes are 100% necessary, let's see what happens.
The last Crown drink was the over the top one.

They’ll win the next one because it’s the Leafy thing to do. Give us hope. See if they lose game 6 at home or 7 in OT.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
The last Crown drink was the over the top one.

They’ll win the next one because it’s the Leafy thing to do. Give us hope. See if they lose game 6 at home or 7 in OT.
They are absolutely winning Game 5. They'll blame the big bad media and win.

They will then be humiliated Game 6 at home like the dogs they are.

Reactions: Squiffy

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Since the opposite happens whenever Evilhomer makes a prediction, pls make a prediction that Leafs will never win the Cup and be blow out in Game 5, lol.

They are absolutely winning Game 5. They'll blame the big bad media and win.

They will then be humiliated Game 6 at home like the dogs they are.
That’s still better than forcing a Game 7 and lose. The MGT will think they are close

• Haha
Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Since the opposite happens whenever Evilhomer makes a prediction, pls make a prediction that Leafs will never win the Cup and be blow out in Game 5, lol.

That’s still better than forcing a Game 7 and lose. The MGT will think they are close
I agree. They are definitely losing this series so the sooner the better, let's get to the offseason and get to work already.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I agree. They are definitely losing this series so the sooner the better, let's get to the offseason and get to work already.
It is the fact that this team is broken and we(fans) know it for a few years.
It is not just goaltending, or grit or being physical or defence moving the puck, or refs, or being goalie, it is with our top guys.
you can’t control stuff like refs, other team goalies…but you can control the top guys and how the team should play.
Our top guys just choke. They might be great as No.2 or 3 or 4 but none of them can be No. 1

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It's ok everyone.

Keefe is gone and Shanny is gone

Rejoice. We'll remove the last bit of Dubas cancer.

Shane it took 6 years of wasted AM to figure it out
We'll remove the last bit of Dubas cancer when JT is gone and we stop overpaying Marner and Nylander.

Reactions: yubbers

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
It is the fact that this team is broken and we(fans) know it for a few years.
It is not just goaltending, or grit or being physical or defence moving the puck, or refs, or being goalie, it is with our top guys.
you can’t control stuff like refs, other team goalies…but you can control the top guys and how the team should play.
Our top guys just choke. They might be great as No.2 or 3 or 4 but none of them can be No. 1
Yup.

It's everything. We are done. Even the most ardent apologists should arrive at this conclusion now.

It's over.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Everyone but Keefe knew that you needed to switch to Woll for Game 4. Sammy just doesn't have it. But instead, he's going to put Woll in down 3-1.

But I did say in the GDT that they should start him in the 3rd and hope he goes god mode and carries them to a miracle series win so, at least he did that.

Reactions: yubbers

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Coach should have solved the PP and PK way before the playoffs. We knew that would be the key. Didn seem to think it was needed for some reason.
It is THE key. Has been since game 1. We got lucky in game 2.

PP is completely dysfunctional and has been for almost two months. It's just like the off-season, run it back! PK slightly less incompetent than the PP... slightly, still totally outclassed.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
How the fk do these guys still have a mulligan. Prob win in boston just to make the suits waste money on one more home game. lol.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Everyone but Keefe knew that you needed to switch to Woll for Game 4. Sammy just doesn't have it. But instead, he's going to put Woll in down 3-1.

But I did say in the GDT that they should start him in the 3rd and hope he goes god mode and carries them to a miracle series win so, at least he did that.
Zero bad goals against tonight. And our powerhouse offence scored 1. You are focusing on the wrong thing. I am hoping Woll starts game 5, which I think is why he was in for the third tonight. Begging your goalie to only give up 1 so you have a chance to win is loserville man, and the goalie is the least of your concerns.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Zero bad goals against tonight. And our powerhouse offence scored 1. You are focusing on the wrong thing. I am hoping Woll starts game 5, which I think is why he was in for the third tonight. Begging your goalie to only give up 1 so you have a chance to win is loserville man, and the goalie is the least of your concerns.

I disagree. I thought both the first and second goals were bad goals.

The first goal you could probably put Edmundson through Samsonov's fivehole. The second goal Samsonov jumped out of the net to stop the shot that never came leaving a wide open net for Marchand - which Samsonov does often. He has to stop coming out so far on a shot while being shorthanded. Boston gets so many open nets because he overplays the shot.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

Nah you can’t blame Sammy

3 goals to 1. Was he supposed to give a shutout? I’m not a Sammy fan at all, but the only game he’s even had an impact negatively is game 3 where he gave up 2 bad goals. But again we cannot score.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Its f***ing things like these where they are absolutely f***ing content instead of taking ownership/responsibility of their shit play and their need to be better is the reason they are a f***ing JOKE

The entitlement is way too strong

See but I genuinely believe they're trying... It's an approach issue. They're beating their heads against the wall until they're completely deflated physically and emotionally. Keefe brand style of hockey. Defence totally disengaged in the o-zone. Forwards rag the puck while the other team sits a bunch of bodies in the slot while the nearest defender pursues the puck carrier until he skates himself into a corner. No threat from the point, no bodies in front. Just ragging it until a golden opportunity presents itself.

I don't think we need a coach that can motivate this group, we need a coach with a grasp on tactics.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
See but I genuinely believe they're trying... It's an approach issue. They're beating their heads against the wall until they're completely deflated physically and emotionally. Keefe brand style of hockey. Defence totally disengaged in the o-zone. Forwards rag the puck while the other team sits a bunch of bodies in the slot while the nearest defender pursues the puck carrier until he skates himself into a corner. No threat from the point, no bodies in front. Just ragging it until a golden opportunity presents itself.

I don't think we need a coach that can motivate this group, we need a coach with a grasp on tactics.

There seems to be "how to exert effort" for too long. Boston has been oppportunistic and plays a smarter game

Boston's avg shift length is also 10 to 15 seconds shorter than leafs.

Keefe is a JOKE of a coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad