GDT: Switzerland - Sweden

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
While I cheer for Swiss, I wouldnt be suprised if Sweden gets their act together and steal a point or two.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
While I cheer for Swiss, I wouldnt be suprised if Sweden gets their act together and steal a point or two.

based on what. the swedish team is horrible on the paper and on the ice. and a shit coach. we are not even gonna beat uk.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This is a must win game for Sweden. I expect them either to take this one, or collapse competely and end up in an utter ruin. So, it may end like 4-3 Sweden as well as like 6-1 Switzerland.

Derbon99

May 18, 2021
Sweden 1st and 2nd lines are decent.
Switzerland roster is better IMO
Let s see if Sweden wants to win and if they start aggressively the game.
An interesting one for sure

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Intresting line changes from Garpenlöv, not a fan of Lundeström centering Olofsson though. Not even sure if Sweden are favorites today, hopefully the team wakes up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Fasth in the goal when he looked so bad against denmark makes no sense. reidenborn or ersson should be the starter.

Reactions: AB13

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The problem is Switzerland plays an organized game with a plan where the players know what they're supposed to do. You don't get that sense in the Swedish team, which is usually the very opposite. It not only lacks a bite, the Swedish play has looked very scrambled. The Swedish team has to play a much better and organized game than against Denmark and Belarus to win.

The Swedish offense has been awful and the defense very suspect. The special teams quite mediocre and puck possession has been very bad. I think Switzerland should have very good winning chances, but we will see what happens.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The Swiss always play Sweden well. This Swiss team is very good. Swedes are amazing at hockey.

3-2 in OT for one of them.lol

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Complete dominance and smooth, i am in shocked.
You're not the only one. It's like a binary thing. They looked like utter trash for two games against weaker opposition, now they dominate Switzerland so far. Incredible effort and intensity, good structure, crisp passing, distinct shots, what is going on?!

Reactions: PTmbp13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad