GDT: Sweden-Latvia

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So when is people gonna give me credit? I told you guys for years now that Sweden have regressed alot. We are not top 6 nation anymore. Last time we reached semifinals was 2018.
That's like predicting heads every single time, ignoring every time that a coin comes tails, and then wanting praise when you hit on the heads. That's deserving of no credit.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
So when is people gonna give me credit? I told you guys for years now that Sweden have regressed alot. We are not top 6 nation anymore. Last time we reached semifinals was 2018.

People who use the men's championship as a measuring stick of who has the best players right now are nuts, Sweden is still top 6 in the world easy.

Reactions: Omark

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I guess most finns cheer for Latvia now.
Would be insane to run to the finals. Best of luck!

Reactions: YippieKaey

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Congrats Latvia; I only saw the third and I have to say the officiating here is even worse than the NHL. Absolutely brutal. Well earned. Also how the hell was Silovs not Latvia's player of the game? Insanity.

Cinderblox

Hug it out everyone!
Jan 4, 2016
Lahti
CONGRATS LATVIA! Finland is out but I'll keep rooting for Ger - Lat final! Also go get a medal for Kivvy and Elvis!!!

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Shameful exit for Sweden

Latvia was better fair and square.

The 5 on 4 for 5 minutes was so awful. No intent to finish it, but tempo went down instead ...

It's not like we were going to win against the US anyway. This team simply wasn't good enough.

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Gongrats Latvia! Amazing, just amazing.

I wish they could move final games to Latvia from Tampere, now as Finland is out and Latvia is still playing.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
It's not like we were going to win against the US anyway. This team simply wasn't good enough.
And the federation is stuck in the 90’s expecting that a euro-based player core can be relied upon for Sweden to go far. It just isn’t happening.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Shameful exit for Sweden

Latvia was better fair and square.

The 5 on 4 for 5 minutes was so awful. No intent to finish it, but tempo went down instead ...
Latvia is the best PK team in tournament... I guess it wasnt that easy

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Belarus all over again. We have lost our national pride and identity, unlike the Finns who love their nation and have pride/SISU.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
That's like predicting heads every single time, ignoring every time that a coin comes tails, and then wanting praise when you hit on the heads. That's deserving of no credit.
I said Sweden would fail 2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Im right every single time.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
People who use the men's championship as a measuring stick of who has the best players right now are nuts, Sweden is still top 6 in the world easy.
I dont only use WC, but also juniors and best on best. We are not top 6 nation in either 3. Would be interesting to discuss this in a civil manner in another thread. I cant make thread anymore, so someone else has to do it.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I waited 27 years for this moment. Did not miss a single game. Always believed in the team.

A huge moment for Latvian hockey and for the entire Latvian nation.
Screenshot_6.png

Playing Div 2 B within 10 years..
I never said that.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Belarus all over again. We have lost our national pride and identity, unlike the Finns who love their nation and have pride/SISU.
Sweden failed even when we actually where a top nation. We lost to finns in 1998 qf in og. belarus in 2002. crushed by czechs 6-1 in 2004 world cup. lost to frigging slovakia in 2010 qf, 2016 lost to mickey mouse team europe in semifinals, lost to germany in og 2018 qf etc. the list is long. no other big nation have this awful record as Sweden has with choking. But thats not the problem anymore, now its not chocking, we just suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad