GDT: Sweden - Denmark

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Is Sweden going through a couple of years where a top 10 player is not imminent? Elias Petterson could be in a couple of seasons if nucks gets there act together or maybe Filip Forsberg? Who else?

Elias Pettersson was injured otherwise i think he might have been there.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Lundkvist was a mixed bag, weak play on one of the danish goals.

Overall this team lacks identity. Too many players that seem selected just because Garpenlöv values other leagues higher than SHL. We're short on centers, sure, but is Lundeström even a star at the SHL level? The one line that looked consistently good during pre-tournament play is broken up. Who fills Berggren's role as a playmaker who can find those passes that cut through defenses?
Defense is a total mess and there are probably 4-5 guys just from the SHL that I would prefer.
Lundkvist was great overall. I watched him exclusively. Going to be a great NHLer very soon.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
no, finns top 4 players are better than swedens top 4 players. but after that i would say its even.
Says the guy that would fill a Swedish/ German roster with 9/12 German players in basically all positions. Not in football, but hockey. Your opinion on any question is pretty much down the sewage drain. You even started a thread about your... opinion. But Finland and Sweden are "even" after the top 4? That should mean Finland is still just straight up worse than Germany then in your opinion, since Sweden is trash compared to Germany. A Finnish/ German roster would be mainly filled with German players in your analysis. Watch out everyone, Germany is coming!

How do you even hold a straight face at this point if you want to hold any sort of consistency in your wild opinions? I'm inches away from just putting you on my ignore list. Not because you have a bad attitude, it's worse than that. Your thoughts on hockey are so outrageously horrible it takes a strain to even read them. It's like asking for a political analysis on the situation of Bolivia from my niece.

Surprisingly, Finland is a MUCH better team than Sweden, just from four players in your analysis. Then Germany has two better players (in your opinion), but has better depth than Sweden, but Finland and Sweden are "even". This is all so confusing! You're very confusing. Please don't respond to this. I don't want to read an answer.
I mean, it’s not like Denmark was icing it’s strongest team at all.

Missing a good number of
players from the NHL and one or two from KHL and also their captain Regin from KHL/NLA
It's not like any Swedish fans are defending this debacle from the utter quality of the Danish team. The blame lies entirely elsewhere. A bunch of no name, mediocre SEL and former NHL players shouldn't dictate the game against any Swedish national team, yet they did, because Sweden has a clown as a coach and the federation is pathetic. Any positive notes he had before this tournament he dismantled and he kept the idiots, while sacking all players with any quality to their roles. An utter idiot beyond a new standard of Swedish federation incompetence.

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Lundkvist was great overall. I watched him exclusively. Going to be a great NHLer very soon.
This is exactly the problem with team Sweden in this game.

All the focus is on who can showcase themselves for scouts than to play as a team and for the team.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Says the guy that would fill a Swedish/ German roster with 9/12 German players in basically all positions. Not in football, but hockey. Your opinion on any question is pretty much down the sewage drain. You even started a thread about your... opinion. But Finland and Sweden are "even" after the top 4? That should mean Finland is still just straight up worse than Germany then in your opinion, since Sweden is trash compared to Germany. A Finnish/ German roster would be mainly filled with German players in your analysis. Watch out everyone, Germany is coming!

How do you even hold a straight face at this point if you want to hold any sort of consistency in your wild opinions? I'm inches away from just putting you on my ignore list. Not because you have a bad attitude, it's worse than that. Your thoughts on hockey are so outrageously horrible it takes a strain to even read them. It's like asking for a political analysis on the situation of Bolivia from my niece.

Surprisingly, Finland is a MUCH better team than Sweden, just from four players in your analysis. Then Germany has two better players (in your opinion), but has better depth than Sweden, but Finland and Sweden are "even". This is all so confusing! You're very confusing. Please don't respond to this. I don't want to read an answer.

It's not like any Swedish fans are defending this debacle from the utter quality of the Danish team. The blame lies entirely elsewhere. A bunch of no name, mediocre SEL and former NHL players shouldn't dictate the game against any Swedish national team, yet they did, because Sweden has a clown as a coach and the federation is pathetic. Any positive notes he had before this tournament he dismantled and he kept the idiots, while sacking all players with any quality to their roles. An utter idiot beyond a new standard of Swedish federation incompetence.

I think the best would be, for Swedens sake, that you take over as Tre Kronor coach.

Reactions: talenttracer

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I don't know if you know that there are about 20 players on a hockey team. That Finland has some upcoming stars doesn't change that Sweden has very good depth in all positions that can do the job. Most Swedish quality forwards play on struggling or poor teams, which will result in worse production. Just because Finland has Barkov or Aho it doesn't mean Zibanejad or Forsberg become harmless. Finland has evened the playing field on forwards a bit (Sweden still has better depth) and they even have a struggling Heiskanen on defense, but Sweden still blows Finland out of the water at defense. And Finland has alot more great goalies as usual, too bad for Finland you can only play one at a time.

Your argument isn't that good. You don't win international games by winning point races in the NHL. Pettersson had an injury and Zibanejad had covid, two of the best forwards.
Winning international games is exectly what Sweden don't do :sarcasm:

thestudent

May 10, 2011
Just because Finland has Barkov or Aho it doesn't mean Zibanejad or Forsberg become harmless. Finland has evened the playing field on forwards a bit (Sweden still has better depth) and they even have a struggling Heiskanen on defense, but Sweden still blows Finland out of the water at defense. And Finland has alot more great goalies as usual, too bad for Finland you can only play one at a time.

Your argument isn't that good. You don't win international games by winning point races in the NHL. Pettersson had an injury and Zibanejad had covid, two of the best forwards.[/QUOTE]

Zibanejad mom is Finnish. Other than growing up in Sweden, he has no Swedish blood in him.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
E2Ea1jaXEAE_sQk

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Just because Finland has Barkov or Aho it doesn't mean Zibanejad or Forsberg become harmless. Finland has evened the playing field on forwards a bit (Sweden still has better depth) and they even have a struggling Heiskanen on defense, but Sweden still blows Finland out of the water at defense. And Finland has alot more great goalies as usual, too bad for Finland you can only play one at a time.

Your argument isn't that good. You don't win international games by winning point races in the NHL. Pettersson had an injury and Zibanejad had covid, two of the best forwards.Zibanejad mom is Finnish. Other than growing up in Sweden, he has no Swedish blood in him.

barkov has no finnish blod in him

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland

Your argument isn't that good. You don't win international games by winning point races in the NHL. Pettersson had an injury and Zibanejad had covid, two of the best forwards.

Zibanejad mom is Finnish. Other than growing up in Sweden, he has no Swedish blood in him.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that Finland has much better forward group but Sweden has much better defence.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I would argue that Finland has much better forward group but Sweden has much better defence.

if you compare swedens 2line, 3rd line and 4thline with finlands, how is finlands much better? in best on best

when it comes to d, finland is getting better, its not as big diffrence as it was say 3 years ago

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
if you compare swedens 2line, 3rd line and 4thline with finlands, how is finlands much better? in best on best

when it comes to d, finland is getting better, its not as big diffrence as it was say 3 years ago
On paper Finland has better 1st & 2nd line.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021

Only if you don't add Laine....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad