GDT: Sweden – Slovakia

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
It could be over today, it's a shame. Russia will win on Tuesday, even today it was not a good game against Slovakia. If Sweden is in QF, there will be no change and the Olympics will be a disaster.
Grönborg> Garpenlöv. Return?

Although I want them to win, but deep down I want them to lose. We need a better coach for OS.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I really don't want that Czech vs Slovakia game to be a elimination game!

I think we have to cheer for us to beat Denmark and Russia to beat Sweden so it's a 'friendly' for placement!
Sweden - Russia doesn’t matter if you beat Denmark and draw against Slovakia.

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
[QUOTE = "canswetoxic, příspěvek: 178378393, člen: 263497"] I když chci, aby vyhráli, ale v hloubce duše chci, aby prohráli. Potřebujeme lepší kouč pro OS. [/ QUOTE]
Máte pravdu, stejný pocit před posledním zápasem s Ruskem. Někdy je lepší prohrát, ale v budoucnu bude větší šance na výhru.

Hoho, I'll do my translation.

You speak right. Something something before get back to the Russians.

Then it is more or less all blank, except that bude is probably cognate with a simple Russian verb :)

No wait, it is something about your chances to be true...

This was a fun game, trying to understand a language one has never studied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elias40

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Hoho, I'll do my translate.

You speak right. Something something before get back to the Russians.

Then it is more or less all blank, except that bude is probably cognate with a simple Russian verb :)

No wait, it is something about your chances to be true...

This was a fun game, trying to understand a language one has never studied.

I'm confused like hell, like the current Swedish team.

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
I'm confused like hell, like the current Swedish team.

:D It is easier if you have studied a slavic language, and different Germanic ones too. It would not surprise me if the bude word is to be of some kind, that also exists in Russian.

We have not got it in Swedish anymore, but in English one can still be.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Because they may still not make quarters otherwise.

Thats whats going to happen. We will lose the game against Czechrep, cause we always do, and Swedes somehow beat Russians and we will be done. Frustrating, given those 4 wins and the team effort. They skate well, they defend well, their compete levels are there - they just lack any semblance of offensive ability, with perhaps exception of Cehlarik, who, as we know, was still not good enough to make it in NHL. Perhaps Slafkovsky might grow into decent player and have NHL career, we shall see. But overall, after witnessing the generation of Demitra, Hossa, Satan, Palffy, Bondra, Nagy, Chara, etc, etc... looking at this current team is saddening. But it is, what it is. Wonder if i have a chance to witness strong generation like that again in my lifetime.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not sure I'd write off Cehlarik as an NHL forward yet. Tough to crack Boston since their top line does so much. Like many other first-round picks who struggle in their first opportunity, could see him flourishing elsewhere.

Thats whats going to happen. We will lose the game against Czechrep, cause we always do, and Swedes somehow beat Russians and we will be done. Frustrating, given those 4 wins and the team effort. They skate well, they defend well, their compete levels are there - they just lack any semblance of offensive ability, with perhaps exception of Cehlarik, who, as we know, was still not good enough to make it in NHL. Perhaps Slafkovsky might grow into decent player and have NHL career, we shall see. But overall, after witnessing the generation of Demitra, Hossa, Satan, Palffy, Bondra, Nagy, Chara, etc, etc... looking at this current team is saddening. But it is, what it is. Wonder if i have a chance to witness strong generation like that again in my lifetime.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Not sure I'd write off Cehlarik as an NHL forward yet. Tough to crack Boston since their top line does so much. Like many other first-round picks who struggle in their first opportunity, could see him flourishing elsewhere.

Rumor has it Cehlarik has signed with a KHL team. His NHL days are pretty much over. His skating was always a problem and also his inconsistency not being able to adjust to a high tempo games. One game he would score 2 goals but next 2 games he would be an enigma nowhere to be seen.
If anyone could crack an NHL roster I think it's Pospisil. He is an intriguing player. Maybe he gets a PTO from someone. Has a good size, skates hard, doesn't shy away from the bodychecks and also has a pretty good shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad