GDT: Sweden – Slovakia

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
There is no chance in hell we are winning this.
I think we are winnig this against a gassed Slovakien . Wont matter though cause this unstable team is super likely to loose the next game against the " Russin olympic committee" anyways.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I think we are winnig this against a gassed Slovakien . Wont matter though cause this unstable team is super likely to loose the next game against the " Russin olympic committee" anyways.

Yeah, I think the same. Sweden will tonight, but it will be an ugly win, 1 goal margin and unimpressive play. But there is no way in hell this Swedish team beats Russia. I expect a thrashing next game

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I have never been so calm before the game against Sweden. After yesterday's match, the burden of responsibility is gone and we can play our game. If we lose, we can still advance, as the Swedes must also defeat Russian Olympic Commitee. Plus, Slovakia still has a match with the Czech Republic, where it is realistic to gain the needed one point.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Poslední vítězství Švédska nad Ruskem je z roku 2018, ale předtím Švédsko zvítězilo nad Ruskem v roce 2004. Švédsko téměř vždy prohrává s Ruskem, nepopulárním protivníkem Tre Kronora. Kvalita, hloubka a pohoda v týmu ... vše pro Rusko. A poslední věc ... Valery Bragin je lepší trenér než Johan Garpenlöv. Švédsko s malou šancí na tři body, myslím, že to skončilo, před zápasem se Slovenskem.

Reactions: kudla

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Swedish self hate and whining is a little bit annoying. Is it a learned behaviour? Are you guys being told in kindergarten that you are swedes, and so you automatically su*k?

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Swedish self hate and whining is a little bit annoying. Is it a learned behaviour? Are you guys being told in kindergarten that you are swedes, and so you automatically su*k?

I think thats really weird to be honest. I understand that the fans are desperate cause Sweden havent done so well as it used to. But this is still NOTHING. Sweden is and will be one of the top powers evenif they are to be eliminated before the quarters. Every team has a shitty tournament sometimes and this is just one.

We finns know how it is when your team messes up. We know what it feels like when your team loses 5-6 when they are leading 5-1, we know how its is to lose olympic final and see all of your best players ending their careers without a single one big win, and countless of other examples.

This is nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobben

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

As a Norwegian, I am afraid you sadly nailed it. The Swedes do appear to learn this in kindergarten.

member 305909

Sweden must win straight both of their remaining games or they are out.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Sweden must win straight both of their remaining games or they are out.

Yep, I think we could've managed with less if Switzerland didn't take 3pts in their two remaining games, but they are up 2-0 to Belarus so that chance is gone. I think it is pretty simple for Sweden, win their remaining games in regulation or they are out. If the manage to do that, they are likely through. They can still miss out with 12pts, if the Czechs take the full 3pts from Denmark, the game between Czech Rep and Slovakia ends with them splitting the points, Switzerland manages at least a point from Great Britain and Russia takes at least a point from Belarus (in which case Slovakia has 13-14 pts, Czech Rep has 12p-13ts (and head-to-head advantage), Switzerland has 13-15 pts and Russia has 13-15pts.

I think Sweden should consider these remaing games as the 1/32 and 1/16 final, win and you're through, lose and you're out

Reactions: Czechboy

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Lineup. Skalicky is leaving the bubble after today’s game. Let’s hope Ramsay moves slaf to third line with Roman

Attachments

• FFF5A981-C13F-4518-AB22-F6A32B6203F9.jpeg
    FFF5A981-C13F-4518-AB22-F6A32B6203F9.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 8

Lyckeby

May 30, 2021
Ö
As a Norwegian, I am afraid you sadly nailed it. The Swedes do appear to learn this in kindergarten.

Thats what happens when you are a great nation, you can afford to roast yourself cus you know your sitting comfortably at the top.

Anyway im sure we -Sweden- will win seeing as I have put money down on Slovakia

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
No changes in Swedens line-up, except Reideborn back in net. I still don't think we have found the right combinations, didn't look overly good againt Britain, let's see how they do against stiffer competition. I feel like there are no clear identity to the lines, it is grinders mixed with snipers all-around the line-up. No clear "leading" line.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Kempe - Kempe - Hallander
Olofsson - Lundeström - Sörensen

Myslím, že tato změna od pomohla zejména Sörensenovi. A Hallander má talent, dvě energetické křídla a Kempe ve středu. Pravděpodobně nic nepomůže Olofssonovi, je to jen střelec pro přesilovku. This Swedish team has no use for Olofsson, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This is going to be a great match! Can't wait.

I think Sweden is the favourite despite the standings.

It is is great to see Slovakia at top of the group and 1 pt away (I think) from quarters.

3-2 Sweden is my guess. A Swedish loss would also greatly help the Czechs.

Reactions: Antiillafire

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Damn, I am so nervous I just keep pacing around the apartment. My brain tells me not to worry, because the tournament is already over, it was over when lost to the Czechs, but in my heart I have hope.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Damn, I am so nervous I just keep pacing around the apartment. My brain tells me not to worry, because the tournament is already over, it was over when lost to the Czechs, but in my heart I have hope.
Feels rather pointless, this team is nowhere near good enough to beat Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad