TV: Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers Discussion

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
So they talked to what, five players in the reunion? What a disappointing finale.

I know it seems like I've been doing nothing but complain for the past couple of hours, but it's just so frustrating. I love Survivor because it usually feels so authentic and real in comparison to other reality tv shows, but the ending of this season just felt so planned and manipulative. I hate that someone won by finding three necklaces in a row and then getting by on a lucky twist at the end. It's even sketchier when you consider the fact that it was the former marine who suffers from PTSD. It feels like production had a specific winner in mind and did everything they could to make sure their guy won. I just want to clarify that I don't blame Ben though. He seems like a pretty solid guy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So they talked to what, five players in the reunion? What a disappointing finale.

I know it seems like I've been doing nothing but complain for the past couple of hours, but it's just so frustrating. I love Survivor because it usually feels so authentic and real in comparison to other reality tv shows, but the ending of this season just felt so planned and manipulative. I hate that someone won by finding three necklaces in a row and then getting by on a lucky twist at the end. It's even sketchier when you consider the fact that it was the former marine who suffers from PTSD. It feels like production had a specific winner in mind and did everything they could to make sure their guy won. I just want to clarify that I don't blame Ben though. He seems like a pretty solid guy.

i hear you.
and i have to say i am really tired of the twists. like. i'm sorry. when you put 16 strangers on an island with no food, for a million dollars, you are gonna have drama. you dont have to make it up for them. I am so tired of the idols and the advantages and the twists and knots and the emphasis on BIG. MOVES. ALL. THE. TIME. you don't need them. this show has proven time and again you don't need to make BIG MOVES you need the make the right moves.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I have watched every f***ing season and this is the first time I hated it.

this was the cherry on top. Totally rigged to save Ben EVERY f***ING WEEK

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
IMO only the final 4 twist was a sign that it was rigged for Ben. It's normal to have idols up to final 5 so I don't see what's wrong with it.

Reactions: Harry22

void

Jan 5, 2006
Most blatant rig ever. I'm happy he won out of who was left (especially over f***ing Chrissy) but not like that..

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I have to say I enjoyed the dwindling down of the final tribe. Some really good twists and deceptions. Either Chrissy or Ben would of been great winners. I do appreciate how hard Ben hustled to find idols and stay in the game when he was all alone. The final twist was a bit of a kick in the nuts but it was fun to watch him and Devon compete for the final spot. All in all I enjoyed the back half of this season.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I didn't really like any of the final 5. Glad Benn won as I couldn't stand Ryan or Chrissy. That last twist was lame and definitely didn't pass the smell test.

So I guess next season is Survivor Morons lol.

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'll start off by saying I liked Ben and he was the player I was rooting for early on (probably like many others including the producers). I don't have a problem with him winning, but the way he won is very very fishy.

Not only the magical first time twist at the end, but his first idol just appeared.

I'm even questioning whether Devon's flint was manipulated. Everyone was confident with him going against Ben and he couldn't even get an ember.

I feel very cheated.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I shifted from rooting for Chrissy to Ben the last couple episodes. That was solidified when she said she thought she is an "everyday hero" and that she played a "really heroic game". How much of a knob do you have to be to call yourself a hero? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that about themselves before.

Ben is just a machine. He deserves to win. Still watching tonight's main episode.

So yeah, all done now. Read some comments above. That fire challenge doesn't really pass the smell test does it. I like Ben, but if I were Devon, I would be supremely pissed off.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Drop

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I mean, I wanted Ben to win based on who was left but wow did that feel rigged.

I'd say him finding the idols was prob his own work though.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'll start off by saying I liked Ben and he was the player I was rooting for early on (probably like many others including the producers). I don't have a problem with him winning, but the way he won is very very fishy.

Not only the magical first time twist at the end, but his first idol just appeared.

I'm even questioning whether Devon's flint was manipulated. Everyone was confident with him going against Ben and he couldn't even get an ember.

I feel very cheated.

nah. that tends to happen in fire-offs.

Reactions: CPTN71

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I am also going to be that person.
If i am playing a game i give zero poops that you were in the military and had PSTD if we're in the final jury (Ben) or that your mom has Cancer (Adam) or that you can't get pregnant and need the money for fertility options (Jacqui). and none of these people would have gotten my vote. that's not why you should win.. That's personal information that helps make you you, but it's a million dollars. we all would do a lot better with a million dollars in our pocket. (I know some people want the whole "who could i live with winning." angle." but when people use that as part of their game strategy it drives me up the wall.

(I mean i am sorry that Jacqi can't get pregnant, or ben had PTSD, and Adam missed time w/his mom before dying, obviously, but that shouldn't be reasons to win the game (Jacqui) or part of the reason why they are seen as great winners)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I am also going to be that person.
If i am playing a game i give zero poops that you were in the military and had PSTD if we're in the final jury (Ben) or that your mom has Cancer (Adam) or that you can't get pregnant and need the money for fertility options (Jacqui). and none of these people would have gotten my vote. that's not why you should win.. That's personal information that helps make you you, but it's a million dollars. we all would do a lot better with a million dollars in our pocket. (I know some people want the whole "who could i live with winning." angle." but when people use that as part of their game strategy it drives me up the wall.

(I mean i am sorry that Jacqi can't get pregnant, or ben had PTSD, and Adam missed time w/his mom before dying, obviously, but that shouldn't be reasons to win the game (Jacqui) or part of the reason why they are seen as great winners)

It bugged me more about Adam than about Ben.

But yes, you have a point.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I shifted from rooting for Chrissy to Ben the last couple episodes. That was solidified when she said she thought she is an "everyday hero" and that she played a "really heroic game". How much of a knob do you have to be to call yourself a hero? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that about themselves before.

Ben is just a machine. He deserves to win. Still watching tonight's main episode.

So yeah, all done now. Read some comments above. That fire challenge doesn't really pass the smell test does it. I like Ben, but if I were Devon, I would be supremely pissed off.
Meh. They are usually asked leading questions in their in-game interviews. Chrissy was probably asked something along the lines of explain how moms are heroes.

As for the lack of focus beyond the final-3 in the reunion... it's unnecessary now with the Ponderosa videos and they gave Dr. Mike and Devon their time to speak during the breaks.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It bugged me more about Adam than about Ben.

But yes, you have a point.

like let's take it old school.

we all knew about Jenna's mom. I am pretty sure everyone in the late game knew about Jenna's mom. but never once did Jenna make winning Survivor about her mom.. she made it about how she played, owning her moves, and acknowledging her mistakes.

When Ted brought up how he was missing time with his new born daughter, he never said "but i am gonna bring this home for HER." it was just an acknowledgement. i'm missing time with my baby to play this game.

now it just seems everyone is trying to out drama ppl. it's tiring.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Ben was so unlikable the entire season. I'm not happy with him as the winner at all.

The season itself was pretty entertaining at least. It started off really slow, but I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
also. this show needs to quit with final 3. it's stupid it doesn't work and your twist basically tries to ensure that it does. final two.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah when I was watching last night I didn't even care that the Ben stuff seemed kinda fishy because I just really really enjoyed seeing it crash down on Chrissy. Such a pretentious and annoying person my god.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad