TV: Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers Pool

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Count me in, if there is still room! Gotta make last season's travesty of an end (pool-wise) dissipate from my mind, I'm still having nightmares! :)

EDIT: I'd be up for a gentlemen's rule in our pool this year - no looking at the previews. They make the picking of outvotes a lot easier, narrowing the possibilities to a couple of castaways. Of course there's no way to reinforce this, so it'd have to be a gentlemen rule.

For me personally, I have french cable from Quebec so I'm never exposed to Survivor commercials on TV, but I don't know how it works for americans using the US cable. I'm just guessing, but maybe some people see the previews even if they don't want to (can someone clarify this?).

I don't have a strong opinion on this, we'll see what others think of it.

So far we're 19, we have one more spot open for our draft. Also, I suggest that if anyone wants to join after we're 20, that person can still be in, but just won't have a pick in the draft. That person would try to win with the weekly predictions only.

1. 99GoHabsGo99
2. berglund
3. BlackStar
4. bossy22
5. Cor
6. Daisy Jane
7. Deen
8. DynamiteKid
9. flyersphan20
10. Gains
11. mmalady
12. Olvast
13. Quack
14. SensBrawler
15. spintheblackcircle
16. TP
17. Trap Jesus
18. Tuggy
19. zombiekopitor

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
For me personally, I have french cable from Quebec so I'm never exposed to Survivor commercials on TV, but I don't know how it works for americans using the US cable. I'm just guessing, but maybe some people see the previews even if they don't want to (can someone clarify this?).

I don't have a strong opinion on this, we'll see what others think of it.

well it's sort depending if people want to sit and watch the votes/final words. the previews come right before that? so basically it's just asking ppl to stop watching right after the final vote.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You can't police people from watching those. In my opinion it is part of the show. I purposely don't watch because I like the raw content, sort of how I don't seek out trailers.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
My apologies guys, I didn't realize until now that there were only 18 survivors this season.

My suggestions to this problem:

1. The last two people who joined don't get a pick but still participate in the weekly predictions.
2. The last two people who joined get the last survivor picked in the draft, so 3 pool members will have the same pick.
3. We do a random draw with all 20 people and the last 3 numbers all get the last survivor not picked. (In this scenario all 20 people are treated equally, in the other 2 we favor the first 18 people to sign up for the draft).

The two people who joined after we were already 18 are in bold.
I'd like to see what you all think we should do with this and what would be fair. I would still strongly suggest to Olvast and Chip to play since the draft usually doesn't heavily determine the pool winner in the end.

My opinion on this is that we should do the 3rd option, but I understand if the first 18 people to join want to have a pick in the draft.

99GoHabsGo99
berglund
BlackStar
bossy22
Chip Chipperson
Cor
Daisy Jane
Deen
DynamiteKid
flyersphan20
Gains
mmalady
Olvast
Quack
SensBrawler
spintheblackcircle
TP
Trap Jesus
Tuggy
zombiekopitor

Let me know what you think is fair & after that we'll be ready to start the draft.

*Note to potential pool members: you can still join after the draft if you want to make weekly predictions.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
My apologies guys, I didn't realize until now that there were only 18 survivors this season.

My suggestions to this problem:

1. The last two people who joined don't get a pick but still participate in the weekly predictions.
2. The last two people who joined get the last survivor picked in the draft, so 3 pool members will have the same pick.
3. We do a random draw with all 20 people and the last 3 numbers all get the last survivor not picked. (In this scenario all 20 people are treated equally, in the other 2 we favor the first 18 people to sign up for the draft).

The two people who joined after we were already 18 are in bold.
I'd like to see what you all think we should do with this and what would be fair. I would still strongly suggest to Olvast and Chip to play since the draft usually doesn't heavily determine the pool winner in the end.

My opinion on this is that we should do the 3rd option, but I understand if the first 18 people to join want to have a pick in the draft.

99GoHabsGo99
berglund
BlackStar
bossy22
Chip Chipperson
Cor
Daisy Jane
Deen
DynamiteKid
flyersphan20
Gains
mmalady
Olvast
Quack
SensBrawler
spintheblackcircle
TP
Trap Jesus
Tuggy
zombiekopitor

Let me know what you think is fair & after that we'll be ready to start the draft.

*Note to potential pool members: you can still join after the draft if you want to make weekly predictions.

I like your suggestions. Option 3 seems the most fair to me, though.

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
I guess I'll have abstain myself from this decision, as I'm one of the two leftovers. :)

I'll participate in the pool anyways, whichever way you choose to handle the draft.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It makes sense to just take the first 18 who signed up.

However, it doesn't really matter, as you said, it's mostly about weekly predictions

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
i feel that the returning players should automatically be in ...maybe only the newbies should be in a random draw for the remaining spot(s)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
hmm. I think what i would do is just have the 18 - and then have the other two just do weekly picks. i think that's the less confusing part to do.

though if someone truly wants a Survivor, I don't mind being a tag team with someone :)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'll volunteer to withdraw from the 20 people picking. I expressed the idea of not getting much enjoyment out of picking lower anyways so I'll back that up. Not trying to sound petty BTW, just makes it easier. I'll still do the weekly picks.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Okay what about just allowing 2 players the right to be picked twice??? Can happen at anytime during the draft...I think that'd be sort of fun.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
First. thank you all for the suggestions & thank you to those who volunteered to forfeit their pick. I still wanted to make something nice without some people sacrificing anything so I have a good solution.

We add two "players" that can be picked in the draft:

- Double boot
- Double immunity.

Basically what this is is that you get to make either 2 boot predictions or 2 immunity picks in the weekly selections instead of one. Both of these can only be used when there are at least 4 possible options.

So for example, if I get the 12th pick in the draft and everyone I want is gone, I can choose to pick the option double boot instead of an actual survivor. Then, in the weekly picks, I do like everyone else and pick one tribe (or one player post-merge) to win immunity, but I can pick 2 people to be voted out. This basically doubles my odds of getting it right.

Double immunity can be used only post-merge, so I could pick 2 survivors for the immunity necklace instead of one.
*You can use the advantage only once during the season.

So with this method the draft would include the 18 players + double boot + double immunity. I think this is fair for everyone and makes the draft more interesting. Tell me if you agree to this & if so, I'll draw the numbers for the draft.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
First. thank you all for the suggestions & thank you to those who volunteered to forfeit their pick. I still wanted to make something nice without some people sacrificing anything so I have a good solution.

We add two "players" that can be picked in the draft:

- Double boot
- Double immunity.

Basically what this is is that you get to make either 2 boot predictions or 2 immunity picks in the weekly selections instead of one. Both of these can only be used when there are at least 4 possible options.

So for example, if I get the 12th pick in the draft and everyone I want is gone, I can choose to pick the option double boot instead of an actual survivor. Then, in the weekly picks, I do like everyone else and pick one tribe (or one player post-merge) to win immunity, but I can pick 2 people to be voted out. This basically doubles my odds of getting it right.

Double immunity can be used only post-merge, so I could pick 2 survivors for the immunity necklace instead of one.
*You can use the advantage only once during the season.

So with this method the draft would include the 18 players + double boot + double immunity. I think this is fair for everyone and makes the draft more interesting. Tell me if you agree to this & if so, I'll draw the numbers for the draft.

Wow. :handclap: This is a fantastic solution.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Count me in, if there is still room! Gotta make last season's travesty of an end (pool-wise) dissipate from my mind, I'm still having nightmares! :)

EDIT: I'd be up for a gentlemen's rule in our pool this year - no looking at the previews. They make the picking of outvotes a lot easier, narrowing the possibilities to a couple of castaways. Of course there's no way to reinforce this, so it'd have to be a gentlemen rule.

The previews are helpful, but they don't give so much away that anyone would be doing anything more than guessing. Nevertheless, I am alright with this if others are willing to agree to this. It could make it more interesting.

I am excited about this season. I watched this New Zealand's version of survivor, well most of it...it was dreadful. I thought it would be similar to last season's Australian Survivor, which was pretty good, but boy was I wrong. It made me miss Survivor (US) even more.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Alright guys, I used a randomizer to generate a random list of the 21 pool members.

Here are the results:
1. Chip Chipperson
2. mmalady
3. zombiekopitor
4. Trap Jesus
5. Gains
6. Tuggy
7. Olvast
8. spintheblackcircle
9. Cor
10. TP
11. BlackStar
12. Quack
13. SensBrawler
14. Daisy Jane
15. I am the Liquor
16. 99GoHabsGo99
17. DynamiteKid
18. bossy22
19. Deen
20. berglund
21. flyersphan20

JG2O73g.png

You can pick any of the 18 survivors (once), the double boot option (available twice) or the double immunity option (available twice). So we are 21 and there are 22 possible choices in the pool. (refer to post #39 for information on the double boot/immunity option)

Possible choices right now:

Alan Ball
Alexandrea "Ali" Elliott
Ashley Nolan
Ben Driebergen
Chrissy Hofbeck
Cole Medders
Desiree "Desi" Williams
Devon Pinto
Jessica Johnston
Joe Mena
John Paul "JP" Hilsabeck
Katrina Radke
Lauren Rimmer
Mike Zahalsky
Patrick Bolton
Roark Luskin
Ryan Ulrich
Simone Nguyen
Double Boot
Double Boot
Double Immunity
Double Immunity

***Send a PM to the next person once you've made your selection.***

We are exactly two weeks away from the premiere so let's get this rolling.
Once the draft is over, don't forget to cast your first weekly prediction.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Alright guys, I used a randomizer to generate a random list of the 21 pool members.

Here are the results:
1. Chip Chipperson
2. mmalady
3. zombiekopitor
4. Trap Jesus
5. Gains
6. Tuggy
7. Olvast
8. spintheblackcircle
9. Cor
10. TP
11. BlackStar
12. Quack
13. SensBrawler
14. Daisy Jane
15. I am the Liquor
16. 99GoHabsGo99
17. DynamiteKid
18. bossy22
19. Deen
20. berglund
21. flyersphan20

JG2O73g.png

You can pick any of the 18 survivors (once), the double boot option (available twice) or the double immunity option (available twice). So we are 21 and there are 22 possible choices in the pool. (refer to post #39 for information on the double boot/immunity option)

Possible choices right now:

Alan Ball
Alexandrea "Ali" Elliott
Ashley Nolan
Ben Driebergen
Chrissy Hofbeck
Cole Medders
Desiree "Desi" Williams
Devon Pinto
Jessica Johnston
Joe Mena
John Paul "JP" Hilsabeck
Katrina Radke
Lauren Rimmer
Mike Zahalsky
Patrick Bolton
Roark Luskin
Ryan Ulrich
Simone Nguyen
Double Boot
Double Boot
Double Immunity
Double Immunity

***Send a PM to the next person once you've made your selection.***

We are exactly two weeks away from the premiere so let's get this rolling.
Once the draft is over, don't forget to cast your first weekly prediction.

Dang, 11th pick? :cry:

Can't wait!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'll take Patrick Bolton. PM sent to Gains

1. Chip Chipperson - Devon Pinto
2. mmalady - Double Boot
3. zombiekopitar - Ali Elliott
4. Trap Jesus - Patrick Bolton

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal