TV: Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers Pool

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
The season starts on september 27 & the cast has been revealed today so I figured we could get the pool started.

We can have up to 20 people in the pool. I think we should keep the same rules, but if you have a better suggestion I'd be open to changing the rules.

For reference, last season's rules:

Top 15 picks earn 2 points each. In case you've forgotten, the points system works like this:

Top 15: 2 points
Top 10: 5 points
Top 7: 3 points
Top 6: 1 point
Top 5: 2 points
Top 4: 2 points
Final 3: 5 points
Winner: 10 points (30 Total)

And for the weekly picks:
Immunity Winner (tribe-based picks till final merge) - 5 points
Voted Out: (picking a castmate from the losing tribe) - 5 points

We should start the draft around a week or two before the beginning of the season, so right now I'm just trying to see if we'll be enough people.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm in but would suggest less people. I'm just looking at it from the point of view of the person who picks 20th. What's the point?

The best time IMO was when everyone had 3 choices (I believe it was 3, at least) in a snake draft order. It could still work with 10 people where 1st pick also picks 20th. If there's a lot of interest, maybe consider doing multiple pools? I dunno, just a suggestion.

Reactions: Gains

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
In. Maybe I'll get a better draft position this time.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I'm in but would suggest less people. I'm just looking at it from the point of view of the person who picks 20th. What's the point?

The best time IMO was when everyone had 3 choices (I believe it was 3, at least) in a snake draft order. It could still work with 10 people where 1st pick also picks 20th. If there's a lot of interest, maybe consider doing multiple pools? I dunno, just a suggestion.

About the bolded, you have to remember that last season, 3 of the 4 players not picked ended up in the final 3 (Sarah, Brad & Troyzan) & that the 4th player not picked still made the merge (Debbie). Plus, the players pick only count for a small% of the total points at the end of the pool, so anyone can win even if their pick is the first voted out.

About the 10 people vs 20, I didn't like that last season a lot of people stopped coming & I think that's where you're coming from with wanting to keep it a small consistent group. However, we have a lot of new posters this time & I think they should get the chance to try because in the end the best outcome would be to have 20 people making weekly predictions.

Right now we have:

Gains
Trap Jesus
Deen
TP
bossy22
Cor
spintheblackcircle
SensBrawler
Tuggy
99GoHabsGo99
DynamiteKid
Quack
Daisy Jane

And some regulars from last season probably haven't seen the thread yet:

Olvast
Blackstar
Zombiekopitor
berglund
Flyline
flyersphan20
vdB

Overall I think having as many people as possible is better because if some people stop coming, which happens every season, we're still a good amount of people making predictions. Instead of say 7 people out of 10.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
About the bolded, you have to remember that last season, 3 of the 4 players not picked ended up in the final 3 (Sarah, Brad & Troyzan) & that the 4th player not picked still made the merge (Debbie). Plus, the players pick only count for a small% of the total points at the end of the pool, so anyone can win even if their pick is the first voted out.

I look at it more from the angle that if I get 20th pick, or even a really low pick, there's no fun in it, you're just getting whatever is left. Not necessarily that you don't have a chance to win. The less people, the more fun it is to pick IMO.

I'm fine with doing it whatever way though, doesn't seem to be any traction to condense the pool and there's been a ton of interest already.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I look at it more from the angle that if I get 20th pick, or even a really low pick, there's no fun in it, you're just getting whatever is left. Not necessarily that you don't have a chance to win. The less people, the more fun it is to pick IMO.

I'm fine with doing it whatever way though, doesn't seem to be any traction to condense the pool and there's been a ton of interest already.

Ah good, I didn't understand what you meant initially. I'm also fine doing it whatever way, I think that it's just that for me I see the draft as a formality and don't really care that much about it because it's tough to predict rookie players. I enjoy the weekly picks more so I didn't consider that others might enjoy the draft part more.

If you want to have a pool of 20 people, weekly picks and 1 draft pick and also have a separate 10 people draft I'd be down for it too.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
And some regulars from last season probably haven't seen the thread yet:

Olvast
Blackstar
Zombiekopitor
berglund
Flyline
flyersphan20
vdB

I appreciate the thought Gains, but I must honor my bet of being banned from Survivor threads until the 2018 season.

I'll just laugh at the brutal picks while lurking.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

well remember - I was late signing up, drafted dead last and i still won. so it can work out :nod:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I'm in for sure

I appreciate the thought Gains, but I must honor my bet of being banned from Survivor threads until the 2018 season.

I'll just laugh at the brutal picks while lurking.

Wasn't that just the main thread?? I for one don't give a rat's ass.
Good on you for still keeping up the avi bet though :laugh::laugh:

Olvast

Sep 12, 2011
Count me in, if there is still room! Gotta make last season's travesty of an end (pool-wise) dissipate from my mind, I'm still having nightmares! :)

EDIT: I'd be up for a gentlemen's rule in our pool this year - no looking at the previews. They make the picking of outvotes a lot easier, narrowing the possibilities to a couple of castaways. Of course there's no way to reinforce this, so it'd have to be a gentlemen rule.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad