TV: Survivor 46

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Mergeatory needs to stop. It's little else than a plot device to keep Jeff happy with his tiny tribals with "nowhere to run" and last night he was ready to bust a nut over it. I really wish he'd stop patting himself on the back and doing "tea time" with the players. Used to be seeing Jeff at Tribal Council was an omen of death.

The upside of the split is that it has prevented the systematic Pagongings that plagued so many seasons and the rise of "Rob Fathers". Also the "Giant Merge Disease" that saw 12 and 14 players group together and there's TOO MANY places to hide. 10 was the right number and I don't know why survivor is so hellbent on never doing it again. But going from 12 to 10 in a night is fine. Just let them eat their damn food and have a buff. Survivor is turning into class warfare of haves and have nots.
Yep I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't like any of that crap. I understand that Jeff wants the tribals to be smaller and more intimate with one another, but it just feels so stupid that they merge this way and then vote in two separate blocks.
If Q wins this season it'll be GOATed. Dude was straight up bleeding Tony Vlachos energy with how much bouncing off the walls he was doing. Only difference is Q was asking opinions. But I.am here to lick it up like my cat drinking milk. Tiff and Kenzie have had ENOUGH and I wanna see if Q can somehow just do whatever he wants and have no consequences whatsoever
I'm not sure that Q will have the social grace of Tony. While he was aggressive in his strategizing and organization of votes, Tony was much more graceful with this.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yep I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't like any of that crap. I understand that Jeff wants the tribals to be smaller and more intimate with one another, but it just feels so stupid that they merge this way and then vote in two separate blocks.

I'm not sure that Q will have the social grace of Tony. While he was aggressive in his strategizing and organization of votes, Tony was much more graceful with this.
To be honest I don't think Tony was graceful at all in Cagayan. In Winners at War, yes. Beyond graceful. That was a master class. Imo it was won the old school way as if you were Tina Wesson in the Outback. But that's not the season I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Cagayan trainwreck

To avoid getting dinged for politics, let me just say everyone knows the person who said "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a vote." Now back on subject because I just needed that quote.

That is EXACTLY what Tony did in Cagayan. I don't think it was social grace as much as he gambled over and over again that he could anything he wanted to whoever he wanted and Trish and Woo would never do anything about it. Dude was doing drive by shootings in a way that would make Rob Mariano blush and Woo and Trish would just come back after Tribal like "Don't worry. I understand" and meanwhile he has 2 "get out of jail free" cards/immunity idols that he hunted for like his life counted on it because he thought the wrath of God was gonna come down on him. But it never did. He exploited so much stupidity that Spencer became the "Vote for Tony" campaign manager.

As pertains to Q. He was spazzing out SO BAD it gave me Tony flashbacks. If this is Q's game and Tiff and Kenzie just play the role of Trish and Woo.... oh my God. This **would** verify Jeff saying this was one of the best seasons ever. And I just thought he was hyping a pile of trash while we had 4 hours of Banhu breaking down

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
To be honest I don't think Tony was graceful at all in Cagayan. In Winners at War, yes. Beyond graceful. That was a master class. Imo it was won the old school way as if you were Tina Wesson in the Outback. But that's not the season I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Cagayan trainwreck

To avoid getting dinged for politics, let me just say everyone knows the person who said "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose a vote." Now back on subject because I just needed that quote.

That is EXACTLY what Tony did in Cagayan. I don't think it was social grace as much as he gambled over and over again that he could anything he wanted to whoever he wanted and Trish and Woo would never do anything about it. Dude was doing drive by shootings in a way that would make Rob Mariano blush and Woo and Trish would just come back after Tribal like "Don't worry. I understand" and meanwhile he has 2 "get out of jail free" cards/immunity idols that he hunted for like his life counted on it because he thought the wrath of God was gonna come down on him. But it never did. He exploited so much stupidity that Spencer became the "Vote for Tony" campaign manager.

As pertains to Q. He was spazzing out SO BAD it gave me Tony flashbacks. If this is Q's game and Tiff and Kenzie just play the role of Trish and Woo.... oh my God. This **would** verify Jeff saying this was one of the best seasons ever. And I just thought he was hyping a pile of trash while we had 4 hours of Banhu breaking down
I get what you mean between the difference between WaW and Cagayan. I think a lot of Tony's gracefulness was lost in the edit in Cagayan. He seemed to be able to strong-arm people in a way that didn't make them feel too offended or like he was controlling their game.

I will say, FWIW, that I mentioned to my wife during last night's ep. that Q is playing a very Tony-esque style strategy right now. It seems to be rubbing people the wrong way, but I guess that comes with the territory of that style.

Q just doesn't seem genuine to me though and I think the castaways probably see this. He was talking earlier in the season about how he's a former D1 athlete and that failing in these challenges is just not acceptable to him, and in last night's episode he said "well, I really haven't performed up to my whole ability... and that's by design." Which is it? Is he mad that he's failing comps or is he failing in comps on purpose to stay under the radar? I think he had more to do with quitting the Sweat challenge in the beginning than eh let on, and then threw Jelinsky under the bus. He seems to be on the edge of quitting himself. Idk, just seems to flip his script quite a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They made the right call to get rid of Tim and Soda. Ben and Venus are non-threats.

If Q survives, he’ll have a good chance to win, but they might take him out with how bossy he’s getting.

I’m starting to not like Maria’s attitude. She’s getting annoying.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
They made the right call to get rid of Tim and Soda. Ben and Venus are non-threats.

If Q survives, he’ll have a good chance to win, but they might take him out with how bossy he’s getting.

I’m starting to not like Maria’s attitude. She’s getting annoying.
I agree about Maria, but it's good at least to see a "mom" player who actually wants to play. It seems like most of the time they just float along the whole time without wanting to do anything of note and get carried by having a like-able "mom" personality.

I don't get a lot of fans' fascination with Venus. From episode 1 it seems like she's been pretty unlikeable. I met her at a watch party a couple weeks ago. She was fairly drunk by the time I got to meet her but she seemed pretty fake from the way she was spoke to us and how she was greeting other fans.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I don't get a lot of fans' fascination with Venus. From episode 1 it seems like she's been pretty unlikeable. I met her at a watch party a couple weeks ago. She was fairly drunk by the time I got to meet her but she seemed pretty fake from the way she was spoke to us and how she was greeting other fans.

I liked her at the beginning of the season when she looked like the underdog, but after watching her for a while it's clear why she has always been at the bottom. Terrible strategic and social player, brings literally nothing to the game. And she's lost so much weight that she has gone from hot to borderline sickly looking.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That shit shouldn't even be allowed to happen at tribal. Having all these different conversations is absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I wish they just all voted Q out.

Hunter's absolute annoyance at the whole thing is exactly how I feel. Beyond stupid.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
You guys are tripping, Q is the best thing that happened to Survivor since the new era started. This guy is a gem. His breakdown of how his hide & seek idea is providing him with intel was sick, all his call outs were golden. That tribal was messy but Im sure that was on purpose, can't wait to hear his side of the story next ep.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You guys are tripping, Q is the best thing that happened to Survivor since the new era started. This guy is a gem. His breakdown of how his hide & seek idea is providing him with intel was sick, all his call outs were golden. That tribal was messy but Im sure that was on purpose, can't wait to hear his side of the story next ep.
Q, Venus and Jelinsky would be my top picks to return.

Is Q good at Survivor? From what I've seen, no. But, I'm so glad that "the six" are self destructing.

In my opinion, while there are seasons I love that have a dominant winner (Tocantins, Palau, Cagayan, BvW, WaW), ultra dominant games like Redemption Island or One World (or even 45) tend to not make good TV. Underdog winners like Phillipines, Vanuatu, etc, tend to make good seasons. I like how entering next week, the only alliances I know are strong are Tiff/Kenzie and Maria/Charlie, it makes for an unpredictable game. While, as a big fan, I respect the hell out of dominant games like Kim or Rob, they tend to lead to predictable boot orders and boring gameplay. I like when the game gets dynamic, and no one is safe because they are at the top of an onion alliance.

That shit shouldn't even be allowed to happen at tribal. Having all these different conversations is absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I wish they just all voted Q out.

Hunter's absolute annoyance at the whole thing is exactly how I feel. Beyond stupid.
I think it's overdone, but this absolutely called for a live tribal. The whole reason they started was because of one of my favorite players of all time (Malcolm) causing chaos with an idol.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Q has mental problems, but he’s great TV. I think he’s now eliminated himself from winning though. I had a list of 7 coming into this week, and now it’s 5 (Tevin gone but Q all but ended his chances). I’ve got Hunter, Charlie, Maria, Kenzie, and Tiff left. Liz may be able to be swapped in for Tiff, but I’m honestly thinking it’s Hunter or Charlie. If neither of them make it that far, Kenzie has the social game to win.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I think it was lame and contrived and none of his “breakdown” made any sense. It almost felt like he was parodying someone who actually does analyze others gameplay. Like he’s trying to portray George Mladenov or something lol.

Q is entertaining, for sure, but he’s a walking contradiction. I’m sure next episode he’ll have some spin about how he just did that to make everything go crazy, but I think he was just mad he was losing control and wanted to play the martyr. His antics at the tribal make me think he really was the one who quit in the sweat challenge with Jelinsky.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think it was lame and contrived and none of his “breakdown” made any sense. It almost felt like he was parodying someone who actually does analyze others gameplay. Like he’s trying to portray George Mladenov or something lol.

Q is entertaining, for sure, but he’s a walking contradiction. I’m sure next episode he’ll have some spin about how he just did that to make everything go crazy, but I think he was just mad he was losing control and wanted to play the martyr. His antics at the tribal make me think he really was the one who quit in the sweat challenge with Jelinsky.
He’s going to say he did it to see how important he is to his alliances. Now he knows they need him.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

yea I'm holding out on ripping Q until I see next week's ep. I'm fully expecting a flash back to a few hours before tribal and Q coming up with a plan to act like he wants to get voted out so they can disguise a Tevin vote. If we don't get that then I will be all over the Q is a hypocritical moron train.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
yea I'm holding out on ripping Q until I see next week's ep. I'm fully expecting a flash back to a few hours before tribal and Q coming up with a plan to act like he wants to get voted out so they can disguise a Tevin vote. If we don't get that then I will be all over the Q is a hypocritical moron train.
Judging by the rest of the peoples' behavior, I'm not so sure that this is the case. They all seemed genuinely bewildered by this, but I guess we'll see what he has to say. Idk if I would believe whatever he says anyway.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Judging by the rest of the peoples' behavior, I'm not so sure that this is the case. They all seemed genuinely bewildered by this, but I guess we'll see what he has to say. Idk if I would believe whatever he says anyway.
I agree with that, but I'm holding out hope that there was more to it than what appeared.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Im not saying Q is the best player ever, or that he's a mastermind, but that episode was magical. He made me crack up so many times and IS driving strategy at camp (unlike Venus that thinks she is). It's just very messy, but fun, gameplay.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Im not saying Q is the best player ever, or that he's a mastermind, but that episode was magical. He made me crack up so many times and IS driving strategy at camp (unlike Venus that thinks she is). It's just very messy, but fun, gameplay.
definitely agree that he's very entertaining. His voice alone keeps me interested.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This was probably the first episode I really enjoyed with this season, and do you know what was different about it from the rest? It was the first vote with more than 6 people! Its almost as if there are bigger tribes/votes, you have more chance for chaos and randomness.

Q is just wild. So now from Yanu you have Jelinsky, Jess, Bhanu and now Q going off the rails. Just when you thought there couldnt be a worse tribe of players from last season, this tribe might have them beat.

Find it difficult seeing anyone other than Kenzie/Charlie/Tiff/Maria winning. Hunter just purposely makes himself a big threat for no reason. Showing off in the pole challenge. That does no good for your game. Pretend that you were super tired and barely holding on.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
This was probably the first episode I really enjoyed with this season, and do you know what was different about it from the rest? It was the first vote with more than 6 people! Its almost as if there are bigger tribes/votes, you have more chance for chaos and randomness.

Q is just wild. So now from Yanu you have Jelinsky, Jess, Bhanu and now Q going off the rails. Just when you thought there couldnt be a worse tribe of players from last season, this tribe might have them beat.

Find it difficult seeing anyone other than Kenzie/Charlie/Tiff/Maria winning. Hunter just purposely makes himself a big threat for no reason. Showing off in the pole challenge. That does no good for your game. Pretend that you were super tired and barely holding on.

Hunter just needs to win like 6 or 7 immunity challenges and he's got this game on lock. i say that joking, but it's probably not outside the realm of possibility....unless they do the challenge where you get to cut the ropes of people you want to eliminate. But he does have one idol in his pocket so he can even afford to lose one challenge.

• Haha

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Agreed about the potential winners and Hunter. I know he got caught up in the moment, but that really was not a very good idea for him to do that at the end of the challenge.

As much as I was bugged by the hide and seek stuff in last episode, I don't think that helped his case either.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Hunter just needs to win like 6 or 7 immunity challenges and he's got this game on lock. i say that joking, but it's probably not outside the realm of possibility....unless they do the challenge where you get to cut the ropes of people you want to eliminate. But he does have one idol in his pocket so he can even afford to lose one challenge.
Honestly though, with the chaos that's surrounding a lot of other players, I could see a potential of Hunter staying under the radar long enough to get to the end. He seems like the type that will play his idol correctly, so I guess we'll see.

It seems to me that the real driving force under the game is going to be Maria and Charlie moving forward. They're a great duo.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Honestly though, with the chaos that's surrounding a lot of other players, I could see a potential of Hunter staying under the radar long enough to get to the end. He seems like the type that will play his idol correctly, so I guess we'll see.

It seems to me that the real driving force under the game is going to be Maria and Charlie moving forward. They're a great duo.

I've been thinking for awhile that Maria is getting the winners edit. She's managing to hide effectively. I guess not that hard with blow hards like Q, Venus, physical force like Hunter, and social butterflies like Tevin(or rather was in game), Ben, Charlie in the game but still. Also they keep portraying Maria-Charlie as the central swing axis where the game is being decided. So yeah I think Maria is the odds on favourite right now to win.

I've been thinking for awhile that Maria is getting the winners edit. She's managing to hide effectively. I guess not that hard with blow hards like Q, Venus, physical force like Hunter, and social butterflies like Tevin(or rather was in game), Ben, Charlie in the game but still. Also they keep portraying Maria-Charlie as the central swing axis where the game is being decided. So yeah I think Maria is the odds on favourite right now to win.

Reactions: LadyJet26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad