"surprise" predictions this year

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I think Noel surprises us and actually sticks Scheifele on the second line because he deserves to be there. I also think he flourishes. We even see Kane pass to him.

I also think Scheifele outscores Couturier this year even though Couts has two more years of NHL under his belt.

Not surprisingly all the Couturier fans will call foul and say Couts had no chance with all the center depth ahead of him.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think Noel surprises us and actually sticks Scheifele on the second line because he deserves to be there. I also think he flourishes. We even see Kane pass to him.
I also think Scheifele outscores Couturier this year even though Couts has two more years of NHL under his belt.

Not surprisingly all the Couturier fans will call foul and say Couts had no chance with all the center depth ahead of him.

I'm right there with you on these surprise predictions for the most part. The bolded section? The thread title is surprise, not astonishment. :sarcasm:

More seriously though: when he was on a line with Getzlaf at the World's, he truly did try to dish the puck. Could very well have something to do with his confidence in his teammates.

Another prediction: Bogo gets more time on the PP, and Jokinen is used down low instead. PP improves dramatically.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My surprise predictions prospect edition:

Scheifele cements himself as the 2nd line center by season's end and is in the calder talk.

Trouba cements himself as a 2nd pairing d-man by the season's end and is also in the calder talk. A frequent topic on the main boards is talk of when was the last time a team had 2 legit calder contenders in the same year. Both get edged out by Mackinion but that does nothing to diminish Jets fans hope for the future.

Lowry starts dominating on the Rock, gets a couple stints with the big club and then gets penciled into the lineup for next season.

Morrissey dominates in the "W" and is in the top pairing at the WJC as Canada brings home the gold.

Petan runs away with the scoring race in the "W" and there is talk if he can make the jump to the Jets next season.

Hellebuyck has a season for the ages in college and we start debating if he is ready to be Pavs backup and ultimately our goalie of the future.

Next draft Chevy makes a "slight reach" in the 1st round and half the JetsBoard call down the pick and scream for his head.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Evander ]Kane will pot 40.

Dustin Byfuglien not only doesn't get traded but he improves on the defensive side of the ice and becomes a center piece to an improved 12-13 defense in Winnipeg.

Devin Setoguchi finds chemistry with Kane and reaches the 60 point plateau.

Jacob Trouba does not crack the Jets roster this year. Mark Scheifele has an inconsistent rookie year but he finishes off the season on a hot streak.

What do y'all think:naughty:

Altert - Avatar thief !!!

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

to expand on this....

Sean couturier finishes the season in peter laviolettes dog house.

Contract negotiations go south

He signs a 2 year deal in the KHL

he is still regarded as the jesus and they continue to disallow burmi-couturier comparisons...

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Lowry starts dominating on the Rock, gets a couple stints with the big club and then gets penciled into the lineup for next season...

Jokinen gets injured at mid-season and Lowry will be called up and will play so well that they won't be able to send him back down; relegates Jokinen to the wing upon his return from injury.

:D

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jokinen gets injured at mid-season and Lowry will be called up and will play so well that they won't be able to send him back down; relegates Jokinen to the wing upon his return from injury.

:D

I like the sounds of a Scheifele Little Lowry one two three punch down the middle in a couple of years.

It has the potential to bring together a real good blend of size skill and teo-way ability.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Jokinen and Frolik develop great chemistry with Jokinen battling for team lead in points. At the end of the year, he signs with the Jets for another two years.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
My surprise predictions prospect edition:

Scheifele cements himself as the 2nd line center by season's end and is in the calder talk.

Trouba cements himself as a 2nd pairing d-man by the season's end and is also in the calder talk. A frequent topic on the main boards is talk of when was the last time a team had 2 legit calder contenders in the same year. Both get edged out by Mackinion but that does nothing to diminish Jets fans hope for the future.

Lowry starts dominating on the Rock, gets a couple stints with the big club and then gets penciled into the lineup for next season.

Morrissey dominates in the "W" and is in the top pairing at the WJC as Canada brings home the gold.

Petan runs away with the scoring race in the "W" and there is talk if he can make the jump to the Jets next season.

Hellebuyck has a season for the ages in college and we start debating if he is ready to be Pavs backup and ultimately our goalie of the future.

Next draft Chevy makes a "slight reach" in the 1st round and half the JetsBoard call down the pick and scream for his head.

I gotta admit, the bolded part gave me goosebumps imagining it all coming true.

Of course, even if it all comes true, and the Jets contend into the playoffs, there would be people calling for both Chevy and Noel to be dismissed. I would bet that there are some posters that have or will read this very thread that would call for Noel's dimissal if he lost the SC Finals.

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL
Noel gets really angry about a bad call and starts screaming at the refs. Unfortunately, while he is yelling his lozenge gets sucked back into his windpipe and he begins to choke. Being familiar with the sensation of choking, Jokinen quickly performs the Heimlich Maneuver which causes the lozenge to shoot from Noel's mouth and onto the ice. The Jets are assessed a bench minor for unsportsmanlike conduct, immediately resulting in more attempted screaming from Noel. Sadly, Claude's throat is raw from the choking and his words come out as inarticulate screeches that the refs interpret as improper language directed at them, so they upgrade the penalty to a game misconduct and eject him. The Jets do, however, go on to win the game.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
1st surprise?
Noel somehow keeps his job past the all star break

2nd surprise
Once Noel is canned, the Jets go on a hot streak and make the playoffs!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

You do know he was tied for the scoring lead in the entire CHL right? Not just the WHL.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Noel gets really angry about a bad call and starts screaming at the refs. Unfortunately, while he is yelling his lozenge gets sucked back into his windpipe and he begins to choke. Being familiar with the sensation of choking, Jokinen quickly performs the Heimlich Maneuver which causes the lozenge to shoot from Noel's mouth and onto the ice. The Jets are assessed a bench minor for unsportsmanlike conduct, immediately resulting in more attempted screaming from Noel. Sadly, Claude's throat is raw from the choking and his words come out as inarticulate screeches that the refs interpret as improper language directed at them, so they upgrade the penalty to a game misconduct and eject him. The Jets do, however, go on to win the game.

I hope to hell I'm at this game. lol

arby18

Jun 12, 2010
Ondrej Pavelec finishes with a sub-0.910 save percentage again (this isn't the surprise part), and #TeamPavelec finally starts to realize that he just isn't very good (that's the surprise).

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Ondrej Pavelec finishes with a sub-0.910 save percentage again (this isn't the surprise part), and #TeamPavelec finally starts to realize that he just isn't very good (that's the surprise).

honestly i'm hoping for one of two things.

A)pavelec "finds his game" and finally lives up to his potential and posts a plus .914 % and makes it look like it's here to stay

or.....

B)Pavelec has such a terrible season, like sub .900 that even his biggest supporters start to jump ship.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

thanks man :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
honestly i'm hoping for one of two things.

A)pavelec "finds his game" and finally lives up to his potential and posts a plus .914 % and makes it look like it's here to stay

or.....

B)Pavelec has such a terrible season, like sub .900 that even his biggest supporters start to jump ship.

Thats IMO what will happen. It's the do or die year for Pavelec in my eyes. And I'm a big supporter.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
detroit lions win the superbowl!!!!!

oh wait hockey.

1. kane hits 40+ goals
2. scheif hits 45-50 pts
3. enstrom tunes lucic in a fight

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
:laugh: I saw that. When I signed up for this site I picked that avatar. I use it on a couple other sites as well.

There isn't room for two "Arnolds" on the Jets forums. I was here first, plus even though I'm over 50, I probably more resemble the avatar than you do (ask Huffer) - the next move is yours... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Good one Farmer - made me laugh. Now it's time for a couple or three or four Farmery Lager - I've got a four day long weekend ahead for me :handclap:

Looking forward to the scrimmage tomorrow on the last day of the Jets development camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad