OT: Super Bowl Thread

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I honeslty don’t find football that entertaining, and I thought that was a good game.

That game was awesome for the NFL in terms of attracting fans because of the offensive onslaught.

Kind of like how the NHL should showcase Islander games to attract new fans, high scoring and no defense...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
As an Eagles fan I'm thrilled with the outcome - and it was a great game. I think some are overstating the fan reaction last night to extend the Philly narrative (see eg. the NY Post). Trust me that I'm not defending many Eagles' fans who I agree do tend to live up (down) to their reputation, but considering the way Philly feels about the Eagles (by far the favorite hometown team AINEC) and finally winning after 57 years, I was expecting worse results from a few hundred thousand drunkards roaming the streets. The closest NY parallel to the Eagles winning last night is probably the Yankees winning in the 70s. Check out some of those old videos. Chris Chambliss anyone? Or how about Pat Lafontaine's ambulance incident? :rolleyes:

And from someone who lived basically half my life on LI and half my life in the Philly burbs, I can only say you're kidding yourselves if you think NYers are somehow better behaved than people down here. I'll charitably call it a tie, but I can also guarantee you that will be contradicted by parent behavior the next time one of my kids has a soccer game against a NYC/LI team! :laugh:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As an Eagles fan I'm thrilled with the outcome - and it was a great game. I think some are overstating the fan reaction last night to extend the Philly narrative (see eg. the NY Post). Trust me that I'm not defending many Eagles' fans who I agree do tend to live up (down) to their reputation, but considering the way Philly feels about the Eagles (by far the favorite hometown team AINEC) and finally winning after 57 years, I was expecting worse results from a few hundred thousand drunkards roaming the streets. The closest NY parallel to the Eagles winning last night is probably the Yankees winning in the 70s. Check out some of those old videos. Chris Chambliss anyone? Or how about Pat Lafontaine's ambulance incident? :rolleyes:

And from someone who lived basically half my life on LI and half my life in the Philly burbs, I can only say you're kidding yourselves if you think NYers are somehow better behaved than people down here. I'll charitably call it a tie, but I can also guarantee you that will be contradicted by parent behavior the next time one of my kids has a soccer game against a NYC/LI team! :laugh:

I don't expect cars to be flipped, store windows to be broken, street poles ripped out of the ground, awnings to be jumped on and destroyed, or city hall to be trespassed when one of our teams wins a championship. Just reading the police scanner tells it all.

Terrifying Things Heard on the Philadelphia Police Scanner After the Eagles Won the Super Bowl

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Didnt Isles fans do that after we beat the Panthers?

I don't know. Maybe. Probably. I didn't mean to isolate it to Philly fans. I just don't get this kind of response to a sporting event. I can't think of anything that would make me jump on top of a car and yell "WOOOOOO!" with veins bulging out of my neck and start a fire. Honestly, I can't think of anything that would make me yell "WOOOOOO!" I guess it's mostly the drink.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
No worse than Isles fans who key cars after a victory.

Those in glass houses....

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't expect cars to be flipped, store windows to be broken, street poles ripped out of the ground, awnings to be jumped on and destroyed, or city hall to be trespassed when one of our teams wins a championship. Just reading the police scanner tells it all.

Terrifying Things Heard on the Philadelphia Police Scanner After the Eagles Won the Super Bowl
Oh yes, typical NY sports fan, right? :sarcasm:

tumblr_mg4crfNe8u1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Flipping cars, setting fires, and eating horseshit. I've never seen or heard of anything on this level happening in NYC.

Well, when all of your sports teams go 25+ years without a championship and conference/league championships are few and far between, yeah you'll go apeshit when you finally do win.

Even the Mets/Isles/Jets fan has seen a championship in the last 32 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad