OT: Super Bowl Thread

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Just wanting a good game. Giants fan so I don't like the Eagles...never liked the Pats with Brady either. Really wanted the Vikings, but oh well.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Normally, I abhor football, but I do watch the Super Bowl. Mostly because it's such a big, dumb spectacle and I can't help myself.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The QBs that the Patriots will have faced.. Foles.. might be the worst run of playoff QBs any team has faced in a long time.

I don't understand the denigration of Foles..
He's tied for most passing TDs (single game) in NFL history (7, which is Al Bundy-epic). He had one of the greatest sophomore NFL passing seasons, 27 TDs- 2 picks. He's a former Pro-Bowler, & starting in a Super Bowl, & it's only his 6th season (with time lost as a backup).

I think he's doing pretty damn good. Wouldn't say he belongs in a class of lightweight opponents.. Peace

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He's tied for most passing TDs (single game) in NFL history (7, which is Al Bundy-epic). He had one of the greatest sophomore NFL passing seasons, 27 TDs- 2 picks. He's a former Pro-Bowler, & starting in a Super Bowl, & it's only his 6th season (with time lost as a backup).

I think he's doing pretty damn good. Wouldn't say he belongs in a class of lightweight opponents.. Peace

While I don't disagree, because I don't hate Nick Foles, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" kind of league. I don't disagree with that mindset considering these players have short careers and there are only 16 games. Unfortunately for Foles, his last two years before he went back to the Eagles, along with his last year of his first stint the Eagles, was pretty bad. He was awful as a Ram and had a couple of games as a Chief, but didn't play like the year he threw 27 touchdowns.

Plus, this is Carson Wentz's team. They wouldn't have been in this position without that amazing ginger f***.

Die Eagles Die

I would rather the Rangers win 4 straight cups than the Eagles win on Sunday.

Yeesh. I hate the Eagles too but I'd rather them win a Super Bowl than see the ****ing Rangers win four Cups in a row in my lifetime. I'd even say the same about the Cowboys and I hate the Cowboys more than the Eagles.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Agree to disagree.

While I HATE the Rangers, I respect their franchise.

The Eagles, their fans and the city of Philly is SCUM!!!

My worst nightmare is an Eagles SB win.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Agree to disagree.

While I HATE the Rangers, I respect their franchise.

The Eagles, their fans and the city of Philly is SCUM!!!

My worst nightmare is an Eagles SB win.

As someone who lives in NYC, I can't even begin to think what the city would be like with Rangers Stanley Cup banners hanging everywhere. I'm getting sick just thinking about it.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Babe Ruth I don't think you read my post correctly or you are a big Foles fan, which is fine, but so far he has been more of a system QB and needs to be in the right situation to succeed.

To be clear, I wasn't necessarily putting Foles down but the overall quality, or lack thereof, that the Patriots will face at QB in this Super Bowl run is probably near the worst in recent memory.

They haven't faced one QB in the class of a Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Russell Wilson, Manning (either Peyton or even Eli), etc. Foles is decent but Wentz is clearly better and would have been the starter if healthy.

I cannot recall a team that has gone to the Super Bowl facing three QBs with such thin resumes. I hope Foles plays great and the Eagles win too, because I loathe the Patriots. But there are still more questions than answers on if Foles can do that. I think he has a shot though and I hope he pulls it off.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Ye I don't like the eagles either but I hate the Rangers. Dealing with there fans at work has not been easy the last 20 years. At least I had 1940 before the oilers ruined that.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
5-4 Eagles.

We see three safeties and one field goal in the game and Brady doesn't complete a single pass.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I hope Brady lights up those fools from Philly.

Pats - 72
Eagles/Flyers - f***ing zero

Then those idiot fans can burn down Pats and Ginos.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
39-5 Eagles.

Foles goes crazy, the Eagles sack Brady 6 times, including a safety, and the Patriots manage just one field goal before they begin a 20 year descent into mediocrity.

Pats get a safety too? 2 safeties in the Super Bowl??

I would absolutely love that score.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2