OT: Super Bowl Thread

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
It was an entertaining game. But, the ending reminded me of why I think football is dumb. There's 2 minutes to play and I'm thinking, "that's enough time to score". Nope, I forgot that all the Eagles have to do is sit there and stare at the ground while 40 SECONDS comes off the clock.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Entertaining game because it was the worst defensive game, featuring the worst kicking performance I've ever seen in a super bowl. Annoyed by the outcome, but whatever.

Reactions: BillD

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I had no rooting interest, I hate both teams, but watching Philly fan destroy their own city is fun. Philly is one of the worst cities in the US with shittiest fans. Yeah, New Yorkers give people with visiting jerseys give them a hard time, no one really gives them a beat down. Philly fan is different. They are just scum.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I had no rooting interest, I hate both teams, but watching Philly fan destroy their own city is fun. Philly is one of the worst cities in the US with ****tiest fans. Yeah, New Yorkers give people with visiting jerseys give them a hard time, no one really gives them a beat down. Philly fan is different. They are just scum.

As a whole New Yorkers are the second softest sports fans besides SoCal.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I had no rooting interest, I hate both teams, but watching Philly fan destroy their own city is fun. Philly is one of the worst cities in the US with ****tiest fans. Yeah, New Yorkers give people with visiting jerseys give them a hard time, no one really gives them a beat down. Philly fan is different. They are just scum.

They love how terrible they are too. It's almost like since their teams aren't good (typically) they have to take pride in being the best at something, even if it's being the worst fans in sports.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
they really need to move to the Super Bowl to a Saturday or make a national Holiday the day after the Super Bowl, it is basically like Christmas Eve or New Years eve with everyone out partying and than you have to go to work and School the next day? :thumbd:

Reactions: Bones45

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Great game to watch... I didn't root for anyone... to me, I only can root for the Giants, if Jax or Minn were in that game I could root for them I guess, but since 1972 I can only root for my teams (Mets, Isles, Giants and Nets)

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
All in all it was a great game to watch....and while i was hoping both would lose...eh.....rather the birds win their first than the Pats win their 6th.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Had 8,2 in a $3,000/square pool... Philly not kicking field goal at half cost me a lot of money...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
My god, these people are just dumb as rocks. What are you doing? Jumping on cars and screaming "WOOOOOO". Ok.

Didnt Isles fans do that after we beat the Panthers?

If Brady had another 1 min to play with for that last drive, he could have won it. Great game tho.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
What an awesome back and forth, high scoring game. In the absence of defense on both sides Doug Pederson called a hell of a game because he knew possession/TD's were so important. Crazy that in a game with no D whatsoever, a defensive play proved to be the difference.

Kicking guffaws were baffling, especially for a veteran like Gostkowski.

Congrats to Philly getting one of their beloved players in Brian Dawkins into the HOF on Saturday and then a Lombardi on Sunday. Just chill out with burning your city down...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
What an awesome back and forth, high scoring game. In the absence of defense on both sides Doug Pederson called a hell of a game because he knew possession/TD's were so important. Crazy that in a game with no D whatsoever, a defensive play proved to be the difference.

Kicking guffaws were baffling, especially for a veteran like Gostkowski.

Congrats to Philly getting one of their beloved players in Brian Dawkins into the HOF on Saturday and then a Lombardi on Sunday. Just chill out with burning your city down...

How about the fact that I think 2 of the 3 misses were extra points -- not even like 45+ out.. and... IN A DOME!! No wind! Baffling!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
How about the fact that I think 2 of the 3 misses were extra points -- not even like 45+ out.. and... IN A DOME!! No wind! Baffling!

I know. Elliott's had to be just nerves as he pushed it just wide right.

Gostkowski absolutely shanked the second one way left and the first one was hilarious with the bobbled hold and hitting it off the left post.

Weird because the teams that make the Super Bowl are partly there because they don't make mistakes on Special Teams.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

Imagine what would've happened had the Patriots came back to win in OT. Would love to have seen Philly go up in flames (more than it already has).

Reactions: Lek

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Had 8,2 in a $3,000/square pool... Philly not kicking field goal at half cost me a lot of money...

The missed FG, extra points, two point conversions, and going for it on fourth down at various times really seemed like both squads wanted to screw with everyone who had a box.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I honeslty don’t find football that entertaining, and I thought that was a good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad