GDT: Sunday Matinee (Chi at Ana, 1pm pac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
That goal was a good example of how the refs call things differently against the Ducks.

Manson was tripped and no call. The Ducks rarely get boarderline calls and more often than naught they are penalized by the refs for a reputation from 10 years ago.

The PP vs PK numbers for the Ducks over the past several years are pretty astonishing.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
That goal was a good example of how the refs call things differently against the Ducks.

Manson was tripped and no call. The Ducks rarely get boarderline calls and more often than naught they are penalized by the refs for a reputation from 10 years ago.

The PP vs PK numbers for the Ducks over the past several years are pretty astonishing.

It was a 6-2 game

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Nice. There are still some holes in their game, but the team is starting to put it together little by little. Keeping the top-9 and top-4 like this will go a long way.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I understand that but that doesn’t change the fact that it was a penalty that was not called that led to a goal.

Ducks rarely get the “borderline” calls and the PP vs PK numbers bear that out.

Not sure how the Ducks get rid of this “reputation.”

I don’t think Manson helped his case any. Watching it live, it looked kind of soft, and he didn’t exactly show real urgency to get up and get back into it defensively.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So why can't they make plays like Perry's 2nd goal on the PP? That was quick puck movement, players moving their feet, and creative passing.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I also believe Getzlaf has 45 points in 41 games now, which is a 90 point pace.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Man Chicago is absolutely a different team without Crawford. You can tell the players have no confidence in themselves anymore and their own defense/goalie.

Can't say I feel bad for them one bit. Do kinda feel for Crawford though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So why can't they make plays like Perry's 2nd goal on the PP? That was quick puck movement, players moving their feet, and creative passing.
I think the powerplay has looked a million times better with Montour at point, and fowler being more aggressive inside the zone... Plus ive always thought getzlaf worked better off halfboards/lower corners, and it moves 1 of our better players to the 2nd unit so hopefully the 2nd unit will get better.

Hopefully fowler/getzlaf continue to attack with the puck because rakell and perry both know how to get to the open areas, specially on power play... and putting Montour at points makes teams have to respect his shot.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I agree. I actually think Getzlaf is pretty horrible at the point during the pp because he plays so slow and holds onto the puck way too much. I prefer when they keep the puck moving which gets the defense tired and creates opportunities. He is so skilled and great in the corners that I love him down there.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I missed it. How did everyone look?

Just watched the game:

Getzlaf and Kesler’s lines were terrific. 3rd line was okay. Kelly and Chimera (so far) are no better than what we’ve had. Kelly seems useless. Would rather have Vermette. Grant was solid though.

Fowler was best D on the ice, by far. He was creating offense non stop. Lindholm was solid. Manson struggled again, IMO. Not as bad as last game though. Bieksa is Bieksa. He and Pettersson were sheltered and Bieksa still got exposed.

Gibson was solid. One of the goals was somewhat stoppable but no chance on the others.

Chicago’s defense is awful and insanely soft.

Reactions: Trojans86

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
great to hear keslers line played well. it seems like Kesler is still steadily getting better.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
great to hear keslers line played well. it seems like Kesler is still steadily getting better.

I'm crossing my fingers with Kesler, but right now I'm a little worried that the last two games are a result of having some extra days off. I remember a few years ago Getzlaf was dealing with an injury(I think it was a high ankle sprain) and he'd come back from a few days off and tear it up, but then he'd start to slow down again because the ankle still wasn't healed. He was just feeling a bit better for a game or two.

Right now, that's my concern with Kesler; that his hip is pretty much the same, but he just feels better after a few days off, and it will quickly go back to being an issue until the season ends.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good win. Our D is still giving up way too many chances though, Fowler and Montour in the defensive end can be scary, especially when they get hemmed in, they were lucky not to be scored on on numerous occasions. Manson and Lindholm each cost us a goal against too although in Lindholms defense that should have been a penalty for the trip on Manson.

Reactions: Lord Flashheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad