GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
???

The Avs were the better team in the 2nd and 3rd in game 1 and in the 3rd tonight. Periods are 3-3.

Idk what game people were watching two nights ago but the Stars were not good.
I’d say the third period of game 1 was a split at best. I messed up and missed the third tonight. 2/6 and worse in OT. To come out tied is a good outcome imo.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I gotta ask, is there a better war movie than Saving Ryan’s Privates?

Sorry for being off topic but I’m freakin drunk

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
So I didn’t catch much of the game how’s Towes is he ok and how did no penalty get called

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
So I didn’t catch much of the game how’s Towes is he ok and how did no penalty get called
He came back after several minutes out and played a normal amount of shifts later in the 2nd and 3rd. Personally, I'm worried that he'll have an upper body injury by the time practice rolls around tomorrow.

I thought the hit was vicious and there was intent to hurt there, but I can see why it was not called a penalty. Contact is initiated with the shoulder, and there wasn't anything like the Trouba chicken-wing BS on the followthrough. Such a dangerous play for Toews to have his head down while circling the net with Benn on the ice.

Barbashev's hit on Girard two playoffs back also wasn't called a penalty and that to me was more clearly charging and more intent to injure.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Our worst game in the playoffs this year so far... And this also has to be one of the dumbest loss in recent years....

Dallas absolutely deserved to win this one.

Best thing so far: We got a split out of Dallas.

But this is the 2nd game in a row we were not ready to play by puck drop. You cant do that shit in the playoffs and dig yourself a hole. This time the comeback fell short.

Stop this bullshit ffs.

I expect a huge reaction from our big guns on Saturday. Especially from Mac and Rantanen.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Disappointing game, but I'll always take a road split.

Now hopefully the altitude and first-change wreaks havoc on the Stars for the next 2.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Too Many Stars.jpeg

This is the play in the 1st when the Avs got called for too many men. This photo counts the number of stars players on the ice on the same play.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs player near his bench, I think it was Trenin, also isn’t involved in the play though?

I do get confused on the TMM calls. Because to me it’s clear that he’s not involved in the play and is voluntarily taking himself out of it
The Avs' player going off is too far from the bench. Trenin (?) is defending a Stars player, that's involved.

Reactions: The Moops

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Avs' player going off is too far from the bench. Trenin (?) is defending a Stars player, that's involved.
Well whoever it was, I felt it was pretty ticky-tacky & that the Avs player wasn’t like THAT much farther away from the bench than the Stars player was from his.

That said, it wasn’t THE reason they lost the game. Once again our TOP guys didn’t show up, and honestly I’m giving Bednar quite a bit of shit for this game too. This is his THIRD time going up against DeBoer, and he once again is too stubborn to make a tactical adjustment.

I mean you freaking called out what they started doing from the midway point of the 3rd period of G1 onward, and how it started stymie’ing the Avs. It didn’t take a genius to guess that he’d continue that strategy in G2, and low & behold he did. The failure to counter what many believed was coming is some coaching malpractice

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well whoever it was, I felt it was pretty ticky-tacky & that the Avs player wasn’t like THAT much farther away from the bench than the Stars player was from his.

That said, it wasn’t THE reason they lost the game. Once again our TOP guys didn’t show up, and honestly I’m giving Bednar quite a bit of shit for this game too. This is his THIRD time going up against DeBoer, and he once again is too stubborn to make a tactical adjustment.

I mean you freaking called out what they started doing from the midway point of the 3rd period of G1 onward, and how it started stymie’ing the Avs. It didn’t take a genius to guess that he’d continue that strategy in G2, and low & behold he did. The failure to counter what many believed was coming is some coaching malpractice
I don't think any of the penalties were that iffy (any more than normal), but the refs didn't have an impact on a win or a loss here. The Avs just lost this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad