Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Geez, haven't you guys got this thing done yet? :biglaugh:

Hang tight, not too much longer now...the sense is no later than Wednesday and and maybe sooner than that (Monday? possibly but probably a long shot...Tuesday, perhaps).

All I can say is...lawyers, damn lawyers. :rant:

Bob, is this just an announcemnet of a "deal in principle" then ratification? Or a complete done deal? Thanks.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Hang tight, not too much longer now...the sense is no later than Wednesday and and maybe sooner than that (Monday? possibly but probably a long shot...Tuesday, perhaps).

**** ****** *** **** ****!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
"Signing on the dotted line" probably won't happen for at least a week (as I define that to mean we have a ratified CBA).

First, those "outside" the negotiating group, namely the NHL BoG EC and NHLPA EC, will have to "approve"/"recommend approval".

Second, the BoG (30 owners) and NHLPA membership need to vote to ratify the agreement.

I'm guessing that it may take a week just to do the second part. (Depending on how voting is done. If each team's rep has to phone/email each player and report back, that could take a few days; if "mailed" ballots have to be used, that's a bit more.)

And it ain't over till it's over. One assumes that some (a majority?) of owners and players might approve "anything" just to get playing again. But there might be some things that a "majority" won't accept so will vote down.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
BobMckenzie said:

That's actually quite consistent with what Fischler reported from his source.

Bob, any thoughts on ratification timeframe you can pass along are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I find myself checking online once a day now and all this "another two days" crap is driving me insane. I blame the media! :cry:

I'm really at a loss for words how frustrating this thing is. I've truly forgotten what it's like to experience an NHL season. It's sick.

Here's a question or maybe just an open comment for discussion. Does anyone else find it weird how roughly one month ago everyone was beaking non-stop about sponsors setting a deadline of June 15th. It's nearly July 15th, a deal still isn't done...where is all the sponsor garbage now? Was it media spin, NHL spin or just all out boredom?

pens66

BobMckenzie said:

Are you really Bob Mckenzie? If you are I apologize, but there's so much internet fraud going on and i'm new to this board.

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
BobMckenzie said:

Thanks a lot Bob, at least im not the only one going crazy around here. Get to sleep, im sure you will be busy in the coming weeks. :clap:

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
oildrop said:
Bob, is this just an announcemnet of a "deal in principle" then ratification? Or a complete done deal? Thanks.

My understanding is if there's any official acknowledgement at all, it will be a one line press release saying they have an agreement pending ratification. That's what we're waiting for now. Only after the ratification on both sides, probably within a week to 10 days of the agreement, will they make the big splashy announcement of a new CBA at a formal news conference. But as soon as the agreement pending ratification is done, the new CBA flies off the shelves faster than Harry Potter. Everyone from GMs to agents to players to media etc. will get a look at it. In the meantime, we wait...and wait. :shakehead

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
oildrop said:

All that could be announced in the next few days is a deal in principle. It wouldn't be possible to get a complete done deal in the time frame he states, since the players must vote on it first and the logistics of it require a good chunk of time.

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
BobMckenzie said:
My understanding is if there's any official acknowledgement at all, it will be a one line press release saying they have an agreement pending ratification. That's what we're waiting for now. Only after the ratification on both sides, probably within a week to 10 days of the agreement, will they make the big splashy announcement of a new CBA at a formal news conference. But as soon as the agreement pending ratification is done, the new CBA flies off the shelves faster than Harry Potter. Everyone from GMs to agents to players to media etc. will get a look at it. In the meantime, we wait...and wait. :shakehead

We might as well wait another week... :madfire: :madfire:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Even after it gets done we will be waiting... because this board will be SO crashed....

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Thanks for the response. I really really don't want to go through this again, but we have to wait another "2 weeks"? This is one big bad soap opera being thrown at us.

pens66

BobMckenzie said:

Thanks for the info Bob! You've been the voice of reason throughout this whole lockout.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Generally speaking, I've lost alot of respect for the media through all this. They are all out to get the scoop or write up what ppl are dying to hear in order to get lots of newspapers sold and hits on the net.

It's not about being accurate anymore. And they are dragging us through the mud in the process. And for 6 months now.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

just "2 more weeks"... :shakehead

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I'm watching Jim Kelly on WKBW in Buffalo, and he is saying that it's very close. And that Wednesday is the target date.

He is saying a sticking point is that the NHLPA wants veterans to get a just at least a percentage of the 2004/2005..

And also just saying the owner ratification period will just be basically rubber stamped. It's so certain that none will even think twice about it.

The NHLPA ratification meeting will be different though. He says it will be contentious. And Goodenow will likely have to stand up and explain himself. And also that it wasn't him that cracked, but it was the players themselves that cracked.

But botton line, he said it's done this week.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
The more this gets played out in the media, the more even non-hockey fans become aware of the struggles in hockey.

There's no such thing as bad press especially with the NHL's new "It's a whole new game..." slogan.

It's going to be very interesting to see the response the NHL receives to this "new" game they're going to be promoting.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Eklund is saying that a briefing and vote by the Players will take place on Tuesday and the whole thing can be done by Wednesday. Bob, what do you think about this...is that possible at all?

Again, take whatever is being said from anyone with a grain of salt. Except for maybe Bob, he's credible.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

GET THE **** DONE ALREADY!!!

Dman Bob has been here since 03 and only has something liike 130 posts! lol.

GO HABS GO!!
GO HABS GO!!
GO HABS GO!!

SEE YOU LATER GUYS..NO FREAKIN WAY THIS BOARD SURVIVES THIS WEEK! LOL

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
oildrop said:
Eklund is saying that a briefing and vote by the Players will take place on Tuesday and the whole thing can be done by Wednesday. Bob, what do you think about this...is that possible at all?

Again, take whatever is being said from anyone with a grain of salt. Except for maybe Bob, he's credible.

yes im currently in the chat some other points

-draft on the 30 in Ottawa
-10 day grace period for the 2003 class

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Any thought that the CBA will be posted after agreement, but before ratification, on the NHL or NHLPA websites?

My suspicion might be no, if they think it would derail the process. If they don't think it'll hurt at all, then maybe they will though?. After all, they did post previous proposals on their webistes (at least, the NHLPA did with the Dec 9th proposal, can't remember if the NHL did as well on any of their proposals).

Last edited:

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
Crazy_Ike said:
Even after it gets done we will be waiting... because this board will be SO crashed....

lol i get mad every time i log on to this site and it works
i keep hoping it crashed because of an announcement :madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad