Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
The Macho Man said:
You fail to realize that 700+players lost over a billion$ worth of salary. They are not happy about that. They will want answers as to why the current CBA is so good that they couldn't have saved the season with an equivalent deal.

Goodenow will be under fire. the exec. committee will be under fire. many many players (though not all 700 of them) will come. haven't you heard roenick, brisebois, domi, esche, legace, avery and company in the media? they are all angry. heads will roll. they want to be informed now.

Ya but i dont think its the majoraty of players

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
I hear they are still meeting...to me it really looks like they are trying to get this done for some sort of announcement tomorrow.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Mattiboy13 said:
I hear they are still meeting...to me it really looks like they are trying to get this done for some sort of announcement tomorrow.

I've heard of a noon tomorrow(Monday) deadline to get the deal in principle complete. We'll see soon enough, at least I hope we'll find something out soon. Other than rumours too!

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Komisarek8 said:
you hear? how u know?

btw, Thanks BOB.

Well, I didn't wanna say how I heard because it's from Eklund. :biglaugh: I don't really believe it either. That's why I also mentioned I hope we hear something other than rumours.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
tsn didn't mention any deadline...they just said meeting ongoing..

Who is Eklund btw? It' s been 2 months I wanted to ask and never did! lol

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
BobMckenzie said:
Nope, never gonna happen. Don't see myself as an avatar kind of guy. :D
I actually thought you might go with the cool new floating head they have for you on TSN's newly designed site. :)

Or, for a more distinguished look, you could go with the one appearing next to the "Hockey Insider" audio/video link on the NHL page:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
Komisarek8 said:

lol...dont worry

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Komisarek8 said:

Eklund (but that's not his real name) is a guy who posts general stuff on his website. they rumours that he gets from the internet or (in some cases) from his "sources". Nobody knows if he is legit or a fake. Sometimes he posts something and then a very reliable news outlet contradicts it. So alot of ppl think he is full of crap and hate him. Others think he is a God-send insider. He posts on a BLOG -whatever that is.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
The Macho Man said:
Eklund (but that's not his real name) is a guy who posts general stuff on his website. they rumours that he gets from the internet or (in some cases) from his "sources". Nobody knows if he is legit or a fake. Sometimes he posts something and then a very reliable news outlet contradicts it. So alot of ppl think he is full of crap and hate him. Others think he is a God-send insider. He posts on a BLOG -whatever that is.
He's a fraud and should be ignored.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Kaizer said:
BTW, story about today meeting is off from Tsn.ca/nhl page.
That is interesting... I wonder why? Even if they were just preparing an updated story, they normally just replace the original story when the new one is ready. They don't usually just remove the story altogether with nothing new in place of it.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
did TSN and Sportsnet take off the articles about the meetings still going
????????

Yes, TSN did. Sportsnet didn't have up a page on on-going meetings that I know of. I think it was just TSN, but they removed it.

pinnaclewm

Jun 23, 2005
Toronto
I'll be up all night forsure!!!!! Get is done boys! I've been waiting for this annoucement in principle since EK said it would be done early June lol!!!

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
IF they did leave from the meetings tonight with a DEAL IN PRINCIPAL
woul that send out that small press release right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad