Sunday 9:45PM: still negotiating, meeting ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
NHL and NHLPA still negotiating

7/10/2005 9:44:54 PM

NEW YORK (CP) - The NHL and NHL Players' Association were still meeting Sunday night as they attempted to close out a tentative deal.

A source close to the talks said the NHL's executive committee would meet Monday regardless of whether a deal was done or not, commissioner Gary Bettman slated to update the group on where things stood.

(...)

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=130180
www.tsn.ca

MattintheHatt

May 31, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Still, wow...something must be upcoming.

*to self* Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up *hugs knees rocking back and forth*Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
Man listening to the radio shows guys talk with the owners and players regularly and they all say its a done deal this week Mike Sillinger was on a show last week and he is hearing this week as well its done

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Being still at it this late on a Sunday would/should indicate that the end is in sight. If they didn't think they could finish it tonight in time for the NHL's exec. meeting tomorrow they'd just call it a night and wrap it up after the exec. meeting.

My view anyway...

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
norrisnick said:
Being still at it this late on a Sunday would/should indicate that the end is in sight. If they didn't think they could finish it tonight in time for the NHL's exec. meeting tomorrow they'd just call it a night and wrap it up after the exec. meeting.

My view anyway...
Well, apparently they were up late friday as well, just to throw that in.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
MattintheHatt said:
Still, wow...something must be upcoming.

*to self* Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up *hugs knees rocking back and forth*Dont get your hopes up Dont get your hopes up
MattintheHatt, I have some advice for you.
Don't get your hopes up.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
norrisnick said:
Soo... who's talking to guys like Fischler if the meeting is still going on? TSN trumps Stan, IMO.
I know. It is kind of interesting to think about. Just passing along what he's reporting is being told to him. Like I said, it's if you believe it.

Edit: Though there isn't really anything contradictory between the two. TSN is just saying that they're still meeting as they attempt to clost out a deal. That can still be true while at the same time Fischler's source can be correct in saying that they're not going to be able to finish it up tonight.

cjbhab*

I read the article on tsn, does this mean they are still negotiating as I speak or did I miss somthing?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
as long as they are meeting i really doubt that anyone knows what is going on, no one is stopping to call and give updates. I think everything right now is speculation, i'll start believing sources once the meetings are wrapped and calls can be made.

cjbhab*

I really think it could be in the middle of the night tonight, i dunno if I'll sleep tonight. Its gonna be exciting.. and then probably after, I'll be dissapointed again, but im staying optimistic. Lets put some goofy hats on and celebrate!

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Buffaloed said:
I'm not suggesting they're going to announce it's a done deal. What I think they might do is officially announce they've agreed in principle.

if it was a done deal i'd be celebrating not suggesting a sticky i was just throwing it out there, if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back.

cjbhab*

The NHL and NHL Players' Association were still meeting Sunday night as they attempted to close out a tentative deal.

Read this sentence guys, taken straight from the article, I don't understand why they say "were" , "attemped" .. this is in past tense or whatever .. so does this mean its done. . i dunno why they wrote it this way, its confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad