WWE: Summer Women's Tournament Announced

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
So I'm continuing watching this tourny, but I'm losing interest quickly thanks to how obvious they're making the finalists due to the crap storylines they're pushing. I could care less about mma so **** Shayna Baszler, Rousey, the four horse women, and WWE for force feeding us this garbage in what would have otherwise been a great chance to showcase some of wrestlings most unsung talent.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched episode 5 highlight video on Youtube during the commerical breaks of Raw and I have to say that Bianca Belair is a star in the making. Damn she's impressive in the ring. Dat 450 Splash... :amazed: Piper Niver also is like a bigger Nia Jax but with way more talent.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So I'm continuing watching this tourny, but I'm losing interest quickly thanks to how obvious they're making the finalists due to the crap storylines they're pushing. I could care less about mma so **** Shayna Baszler, Rousey, the four horse women, and WWE for force feeding us this garbage in what would have otherwise been a great chance to showcase some of wrestlings most unsung talent.

The talent was still showcased, and they're still fine, nobody in yesterday's release looked bad as a result of the booking. They have to book for their stories first and foremost, it's up to the talent to make it look good and for the most part they did. All of Shayna's finishes were awesome. She's been getting booked this strong in Shimmer and AIW as well

There was a trios match that was apparently dark which I wish they showed.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I watched episode 5 highlight video on Youtube during the commerical breaks of Raw and I have to say that Bianca Belair is a star in the making. Damn she's impressive in the ring. Dat 450 Splash... :amazed: Piper Niver also is like a bigger Nia Jax but with way more talent.

Niven's actually smaller than Nia. Nia's billed at 6'3" (1.91 m) and 272 pounds (123 kg) whereas Niven's 5'8" (1.73 m) and billed at around 208 or 209 pounds (95 kg). I agree that I'd love to see her signed in WWE though, the girl can move - reminds me of a female Kevin Owens in some respects.

Reactions: sheriff bart

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
One thing you can't complain about is the booking of this tournament. Once again like all the tournaments it has been booked great. It's clear they knew their end result and got their the right way.

They wanted Sane in the final and they knew the crowd would love her. She got to show her skills off in 3 great matches and became the crowd favourite.

Shayna was built up to be a heel bad ass and thats what her 3 matches accomplished.

The semi's also were SHIMMER teacher vs student and then 2 stardom fan fav's against each other, again smart booking.

Toni Storm came out looking like a total star and she could show up on RAW/SDL tomorrow no problem. Piper also was booked like a star and had a great showing.

Some of the rookie PC ladies got to shine and show off their skills with Belair impressing and showing she has real deal potential.

I think the toruney went better than you can expect. Lets be honest and not to sound sexsist but the womens talent pool is not the same as the mens. There are a ton of great women out there, but its like WNBA to NBA. It was always going to be a step down from the CWC and UK tourny but overall I think it was a huge success and a fun 8 hours of wrestling.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So as we move towards the finals, who from the Classic would we like to see WWE sign? I know straight off that Piper/Viper is up there for me. Her combination of speed, size, and agility really makes her seem like the "hybrid athlete" they try to label Nia to be (and generally I'm not as harsh on Nia as most are).

Others on my list would be

Blanchard
Evers
Gabert
Garrett
LeRae
Storm
Yim

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
She isn't signed.

Down the road I'm sure she will be, but right now she's just used as a jobber in NXT because she's local and good (and WWE obviously like her).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Storm, Garrett, and Blanchard need to be signed.

Piper and Gabbert as well.

I love Mercedes and would love to see her get an NXT run too.

Not in the tournament women to sign: Nicole Matthews, Mayu Iwatani, and Kris Wolf.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Did they they air the tag match that took place between the semifinals? I read from a report that Gabert was really over with the crowd in that one.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They did not. Was disappointed in that. They had the match, you had a crowd, you aren't constrained by time. Why not just show it?

Nicole Matthews was part of another dark match.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Mae young classic is doing really well on the wwe network. Meltzer showed some figures.
Better news than I was expecting, which I can't complain about.

But Ii've still not managed to watch it all, they released it at a really bad time for me. Hopefully I can watch it all next week.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They did not. Was disappointed in that. They had the match, you had a crowd, you aren't constrained by time. Why not just show it?

Nicole Matthews was part of another dark match.
And just as expected, they're going to show the six-man tag match on the Network in a show promoting the final that is airing after Raw tomorrow.

Which means the only match not being aired is the other tag that contained the four alternates.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How the hell was Nicole Matthews an alternate? She should've been one of the top people in the tournament.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Especially since they didn't have a Canadian representative from what I remember.

They didn't. You had Australia (Ripley and Storm), Brazil (Conti), China (Li and Zeda), Dominican Republic (Belle), England (Raymond), Germany (Gabert), India (Devi), Japan (Sane), Mexico (Sugehit), New Zealand (Kai), Scotland (Niven and Ray), South Korea (Yim), and USA (Baszler, Beckett, Belair, Blanchard, Borne, Deeb, Evans, Evers, Garrett, Gonzalez, Laith, LeRae, Logan, Martinez, Michelle, Salinas, and Savoy) represented.

Nixon Newell went out which took Wales out of the mix and she was replaced by Miranda Salinas, an American. The other alternates would have represented Canada (Matthews), Italy (Deonna Purrazzo), Tonga (Lei'd Tapa), and USA (Barbi Hayden and Jessica James).

Also if Aliyah had won instead of Belair, there would have been a Canadian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad