WWE: Summer Women's Tournament Announced

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Asuka seems to be taking Sasha's spot in the crowd?

Also this is simple but effective booking. A face, a heel, and lots of psychology.

Lita is really bad at this commentary

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So the whole tournament was just to get over Kairi basically.

She got all the main events and most of her matches got the most time and were usually the best or 2nd best of each show.

I hope we see Storm and Piper again real soon as those 2 need to be signed ASAP.

And hopefully all the backlash against Baszler can stop. She still has lots to learn but she is pretty good so far. I heard she has only been in the business for like a year or something. Give her time and I think she can be a good one as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Guess they aren't popping the cork on the Horsewomen storyline yet.

And now we need a new reason for them to cross paths, but yeah, once Sasha wasn't there, it didn't really need to happen.

That's why they let Summer Rae be seen, because she runs with them.

The match was fine, I thought they worked a bit slow in the middle, and I wasn't sure they put over Shayna's ribs being injured. I wasn't really a fan of Kairi getting out of the choke, would've preferred they just never get it in or she get her foot on the ropes. And earlier they put over a submission from Kairi and then they never did it. Credit both of them though, they did get the crowd, and this obviously wasn't Full Sail.

The post-match didn't seem like this was a big deal, they just do their pose and end the show. Get Renee in there and get a word. It doesn't matter that she can barely speak English. Kairi just won this popular tournament with a trophy that was twice the size of her, you have all these dignitaries at ring side, we got Hunter in the ring, we brought back Lillian Garcia. We had a red carpet, and freaken Ronda Rousey. This should have been the main event of the show, assuredly more important than anything that happened today. We're being told this is a massive achievement. History making! ...and we gotta whisk these people away so we can 205 Live started? Get outta here

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

She got all the main events and most of her matches got the most time and were usually the best or 2nd best of each show.

I hope we see Storm and Piper again real soon as those 2 need to be signed ASAP.

And hopefully all the backlash against Baszler can stop. She still has lots to learn but she is pretty good so far. I heard she has only been in the business for like a year or something. Give her time and I think she can be a good one as well.

What she excels at is holds and move execution and athletic ability. What she needs work on are movement, transition from one move to another on some occasions (way too telegraphed) and selling with the expessions (facial, body). I know she's 36 already but a maybe a year in NXT and she could have a nain roster run as a Brock Lesnar type monster heel run for a couple of years.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

That Niven and Storm were both there for the finale (not sure where Storm is wrestling now, but I know they had to fly Niven in from Japan for it) gives me some hope that these two impressed Hunter and that contracts might be coming their way.

Reactions: sheriff bart

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Storm is progress women's champ so she's already in by affiliation.

If they're starting a UK show they will need women and they will be two of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->