Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Clearly only in it for the money. Even if he signs I’d sell him. Barca have more than enough options in the midfield anyway. Pedri, frenkie, Puig and Gavi.

Take Gavi out of it and he's at best 4th choice were it down to me.

As for the money, it's a job so I get looking out for yourself, but their demands are ridiculous considering how unproven he is.

I pretty much agree. Depending on the terms of a deal I'd still be looking to sell.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Take Gavi out of it and he's at best 4th choice were it down to me.

As for the money, it's a job so I get looking out for yourself, but their demands are ridiculous considering how unproven he is.

I pretty much agree. Depending on the terms of a deal I'd still be looking to sell.
Comfortably 4th imo. And Gavi can be better easily

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Kind of got to wonder why they haven't made the bid weeks ago? Same with Haaland. What does this "preparing" to make a bid really mean?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eh, Alvarez went from a miscast and flop to Ajax’ best player and fan favorite in the second half. As soon as his family arrived in Amsterdam, he started playing well. Overmars won’t sell him now. Even though I am still not a fan of such a limited player in attack.

I prefer him as a CB as opposed to a CDM, but he seems like one of these players whose known more for his versatility. He can also play RB, so thats three positions he's capable of playing. I think his technique is pretty weak, but he's athletic. I've read similar to what you are suggesting. He was a flop his first season, and very good the second season as a spot opened up in central midfield.

Reactions: Ajacied

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently United may be letting Phil Jones go on a free and the teams looking into acquiring him are Brighton and Burnley.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't even understand why brighton and burnley would be interested...

Because when he's healthy he's a pretty good defender for a club of that stature, especially on a free. If you can get a good deal on wages it can make sense if you think he might stay healthy for more than 4 games.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Because when he's healthy he's a pretty good defender for a club of that stature, especially on a free. If you can get a good deal on wages it can make sense if you think he might stay healthy for more than 4 games.
The guy has barely played for the past few years and it would make way more sense for these teams to use the space/opportunity on their roster to either develop a young defender on their own or loan for a legit defender (who has played more often than him) even on free it would be weird for them to get him...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The rumor I saw said his contract would be heavily influenced by games played which would make sense.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

I'd like to believe that Parrott missed Spurs coach back to London after the friendly yesterday, and this was the best solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad