Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Boadu might just join Nice. No idea how they'll play everyone though.
Edson Alvarez is in touch with Rennes. Ajax confirms Rennes' interest.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Alvarez?
No, he hasn't been great for Ajax, but he's still a good player, notably for Mexico. May need a change of scenery.
Yeah him. He looked lost a lot all over the place for Ajax. Don’t see much of him in Mexico. Although he did have a decent run at the end of the season maybe he can build on it.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
One should never question a LITN source Creed. 5m it is.

Not that I have any view on what the fee ended up being. And 5m is still good money all things considered. For Alderweireld and Sissoko it felt like it was/is mostly a question of even getting them off the books.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
One should never question a LITN source Creed. 5m it is.

Not that I have any view on what the fee ended up being. And 5m is still good money all things considered. For Alderweireld and Sissoko it felt like it was/is mostly a question of even getting them off the books.
I mean the source who is saying it’s a 5m Euro deal is a London based Tottenham beat reporter with almost 20k followers . So he’s one of your own.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I mean the source is a London based Tottenham beat reporter with almost 20k followers who is saying it’s a 5m Euro deal. So he’s one of your own.

I was ridiculed for referring to London based Spurs reporters reporting on Kounde.

He doesn't even say he has evidence or that he knows the fee was 5m. He "understands" it is.

Not saying he is wrong. I wouldn't know. And I can see the point that 13m sounds ridiculously high. Then again if Paulinho is 40m Alderweireld should be at least 13.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was ridiculed for referring to London based Spurs reporters reporting on Kounde.

He doesn't even say he has evidence or that he knows the fee was 5m. He "understands" it is.

Not saying he is wrong. I wouldn't know. And I can see the point that 13m sounds ridiculously high. Then again if Paulinho is 40m Alderweireld should be at least 13.
And what was wrong with the reports on Kounde? Said he didn’t want to go to a non-CL team and now he looks on the way to Chelsea. Would say that’s pretty spot on.

There is no evidence of 13m either right now, but I’ll take the reporting of a verified beat reporter over the DailyFail and Talkshite any day. Even if he is wrong, I would still say it’s likely more reliable.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And what was wrong with the reports on Kounde? Said he didn’t want to go to a non-CL team and now he looks on the way to Chelsea. Would say that’s pretty spot on.

There is no evidence of 13m either right now, but I’ll take the reporting of a verified beat reporter over the DailyFail and Talkshite any day. Even if he is wrong, I would still say it’s likely more reliable.

Not the point was it?

You are arguing that a London based reporter saying something gives it credit. So when a London based reporter says Spurs are talking to Sevilla about Kounde shouldn't one use the same standard?

I guess it would be easier if the Liverpool-fans on here gave us Spurs-fans a list over which reporters we should listen to. You seem to know.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah him. He looked lost a lot all over the place for Ajax. Don’t see much of him in Mexico. Although he did have a decent run at the end of the season maybe he can build on it.

Eh, Alvarez went from a miscast and flop to Ajax’ best player and fan favorite in the second half. As soon as his family arrived in Amsterdam, he started playing well. Overmars won’t sell him now. Even though I am still not a fan of such a limited player in attack.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not the point was it?

You are arguing that a London based reporter saying something gives it credit. So when a London based reporter says Spurs are talking to Sevilla about Kounde shouldn't one use the same standard?

I guess it would be easier if the Liverpool-fans on here gave us Spurs-fans a list over which reporters we should listen to. You seem to know.
I’m not arguing. I don’t care if the Spurs were talking to Kounde. I’m sure they were. I can talk to Scarlett Johansson and be interested in her, but she isn’t going to pick me either.

I’m stating that I would go with a team verified beat reporter source over a tabloid source. You were the one needlessly patronizing LITN like he posted some random Twitter ITK on here. It’s obnoxious. If you want to put up a source reliability guide go right ahead. If you want my guide to reliable sources - your best bet are going to be the beat guys with the blue check marks next to their names.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This guy called me a liar first before anything else at all days ago. And now he’s latching onto reports that I post, so he can jump on my ass because he’s bitter that I wouldn’t take his shit. Classic. Get off my nuts, you sound deranged. I didn’t write the report, take it up with that guy. His report not mine.

If he’s wrong about the fee, doesn’t bother me or anything, but it seemed to be worth posting.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I’m not arguing. I don’t care if the Spurs were talking to Kounde. I’m sure they were. I can talk to Scarlett Johansson and be interested in her, but she isn’t going to pick me either.

I’m stating that I would go with a team verified beat reporter source over a tabloid source. You were the one needlessly patronizing LITN like he posted some random Twitter ITK on here. It’s obnoxious. If you want to put up a source reliability guide go right ahead. If you want my guide to reliable sources - your best bet are going to be the beat guys with the blue check marks next to their names.

We are not talking about one tabloid source. I haven't found a single other report reporting 5m that doesn't stem from that one tweet/reporter.

There is a context there. LITN a fellow Liverpool-fan can write about how laughable my posts are, but I can't point out that his one source is just the same as he ridiculed me for. Actually worse.

And LITN can continue the day after with ironic comments about me, but I can't point out that one tweet saying he "understands" the fee might be different isn't necessarily the final truth.

Now this sounds more serious than it is. I guess it ends up like that on boards like this. For me LITN is just a bit of fun.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Atalanta also still has to pay the 16m to Juve for Romero. So that’s 31m in outlay with 50m or so return.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Now this sounds more serious than it is. I guess it ends up like that on boards like this. For me LITN is just a bit of fun.

Other than the liar part, which is in itself a huge lie, none of this is serious. But I told you that you could have the last word yesterday and that wasn’t good enough. The reason you could have the last word even though you aren’t capable of leaving it at that is that I can guarantee you nobody wants to read this shit.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully we can recover some of the money not gained by selling Hart. Should be tough negotiations :laugh:

Not that I have anything against Hart. He seemed to do his job professionally at Spurs, but boy is he past it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad