NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hmmm...I hope this isn't the beginning of a long term issue for him. He's a great goaltender.
I hear back surgery, my first thought is John LeClair, and his career didn't end well.

I'm sure advancements have been made in 20 years but I still think back surgery is not a good sign for an athlete.

Paging Dr. Recchi

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hear back surgery, my first thought is John LeClair, and his career didn't end well.

I'm sure advancements have been made in 20 years but I still think back surgery is not a good sign for an athlete.

Paging Dr. Recchi

John LeClair was a great player until his back gave up the ghost. I liked him even though he was a Flyer

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hmmm...I hope this isn't the beginning of a long term issue for him. He's a great goaltender.

Hopefully not. On the flipside he definitely didn't look like his usual self in the back half of last season so this perhaps offers an explanation for that and an opportunity to set things right. He had a microdiscectomy, which is not a major operation although all back surgery carries risks. Bit weird though that he didn't have it until now.

Tampa's backup Jonas Johansson is a fringe NHLer who's played 35 games for a .887 SV%. Behind him there's not much at all. Johansson surely cannot carry the team for 2 months. Tampa have cap problems, as always, but with Vasilevskiy on LTIR they're almost certainly going to have to find some cheap temporary replacement to support Jonas. Old buddy Jaro Halak is still unsigned and as far as I know hasn't officially retired. If he's keen, he might find himself a job in Florida.

Reactions: BMC and JOKER 192

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Hope he has a smooth recovery. Great goalie
hidethepainharold.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@BMC You might like this game. I forgot how much LeClair loooooved beating Montreal lol

Appearances also by Brind'Amour and Recchi who was on the Habs at the time

• Love
Reactions: MustardStew and BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
John LeClair was a great player until his back gave up the ghost. I liked him even though he was a Flyer
It really concerns me how many individual players on the Flyers I have liked over the years -- Forsberg, Simmonds, LeClair, Lindros, Recchi, Hextall, Voracek, and Pronger, To hell with the rest of the lot, but for whatever reasonI enjoyed watching those aforementioned players and wanted to see them do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad