Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Buyout window opens at 5pm ET today

Forbort
Reilly
Miller

Buying out Forbort and Reilly brings you close to $10mil in cap space

The draft will be interesting as I could see them making a deal or two.

Buckle up because the change train is pulling into the station.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Buyout window opens at 5pm ET today

Forbort
Reilly
Miller

Buying out Forbort and Reilly brings you close to $10mil in cap space

The draft will be interesting as I could see them making a deal or two.

Buckle up because the change train is pulling into the station.
10 million seems kind of high,but definitely seems like the first step to make .

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
10 million seems kind of high,but definitely seems like the first step to make .
That's what CapFriendly has them at even with the overages. I only bought out Forbort and Reilly.

Buying out Miller is the right thing to do but we don't get much of a savings

Before buyouts
full

After buyouts
full

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I just realized this is the out of town thread so I moved my posts to the Bruins thread

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
In between bouts of depression over the playoffs, I find myself a little bit excited about what’s going to happen this summer!

From the safety and security of my couch, while holding a job that pays me entirely too little, I will assuredly say that if I were Sweeney I would swing for the fences this summer.

Nobody would be off limits to trade or try to trade for and even if it meant 12 new faces on the roster, I would do everything to make this team tougher and faster.

Easier said than done, of course, but if this spring taught us anything toughness and skating wins in this league.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and UncleRico

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Buying out Reilly is a no-brainer.

Forbort is a good hand to have during the season. Eats minutes, kills penalties. You'd think he'd have some value out there, even if it's just a low draft pick. That said, the way Jim insisted on playing him in the playoffs and scratching Gryz over him was ridiculous and one of the contributing factors to the loss, so keeping him away from this roster come playoff time might prevent Monty from screwing up the D pairs again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Didn't Hank just retire? I loved him as a player and love him as a person but it seems so quick.

He deserves this and I hope he's last to speak on induction night.

The King has taken his throne.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Didn't Hank just retire? I loved him as a player and love him as a person but it seems so quick.

He deserves this and I hope he's last to speak on induction night.

The King has taken his throne.
Last played on Mar 7, 2020

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
unbelievable. For years we've heard of how the bar for goalies is almost unapproachably high, but they let in f***ing Tom Barrasso and Mike Vernon?

Barrasso had a stellar first two seasons where he won a Vezina and finished 2nd in the Vezina voting. For the other 17 years of his career, he had one postseason 2nd team all-star nod and was a finalist for the Vezina 3 times.

Vernon has f***ing jack shit for accolades. One 2nd team all-star and Vezina runner up over 19 years in the NHL. He split the Jennings with Osgood once when they had Lidstrom, Konstantinov, and Fetisov in front of them. An absolute embarrassment of an induction given the precedent set.

If Mike Vernon got into the HOF, then Tuukka Rask is a unanimous first ballot HOFer. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad