NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
made my way down to the Save On Foods Center yesterday here on the Island to catch the Canucks team scrimmage yesterday, fun time, big crowd, Canucks players great with the young fans in the crowd, end of the scrimmage they chucked loads of T-Shirts over the glass to the fans, fun times

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Something to do with his conduct. He's been suspended and barred from having any contact with the team and organization

Seems the recycling of coaches in hockey is biting teams in the ass. Constantine was suspended way back for making his entire team stay in game gear following a loss in the western league. And then was involved in a fan altercation when he was with the Flames coaching staff.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Seems the recycling of coaches in hockey is biting teams in the ass. Constantine was suspended way back for making his entire team stay in game gear following a loss in the western league. And then was involved in a fan altercation when he was with the Flames coaching staff.
People in leadership positions in all areas of life need to wake up and adjust to the times. There will always be bad apples, but nowadays people aren't as readily putting up with crap like they used to. Still a long way to go in many respects, however it's not quite as easy to be a dinosaur as it once was.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Absolutely gutted by this news. I met Chris years ago when he was covering the Red Sox for the Boston Globe. He was so kind and took the time to chat. Hell of a fight Chris. My thougts to Kelsie and the Snow Family along with the Flames organization,

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
What's Stone whining about? That was a good solid hit. If he's so fragile that he can't take a hit like that anymore maybe he's the one who shouldn't be playing in the NHL.
He got absolutely lit up by a rookie so he and two other guys over 6'2" and 200 lbs had to jump one guy over it. Probably lost the rest of his hair crying about it

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He got absolutely lit up by a rookie so he and two other guys over 6'2" and 200 lbs had to jump one guy over it. Probably lost the rest of his hair crying about it
Pathetic response to go 3 on 1 over a clean hit. I get that early preseason doesn't see many big hits, but that hit was not bad in any sense of the word. Just caught Stone off guard. Hopefully it'll ramp up the hate between the Kings and Vegas and provide more regular season fun between those two teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad