Speculation: Summer 2018 General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This is in reply to @The Bread Man

Jarmo put out a statement talking about a forward taking a step and being the next Nutivaara, taking advantage of more ice time and thriving. Adding Nash, if he even returns to play, kind of goes against that statement because he's likely going to take a top 6 spot, no?

I'd love to have Nash back (if he's 100% and fair on a contract) but I don't see it happening, even if he wanted to come back here, I think Jarmo and co. want to stay younger.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Internal improvement isn't just a catch phrase, it's a legit likelihood with the ages of this group. You really should expect Dubois, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand, Milano, Anderson, Werenski, Jones, Nutivaara, Kukan, Korpisalo to improve. Not all of them, of course, but the collective improvement is likely worth a lot more than any UFA activity we would plausibly be involved in.

Reminder, that at 24, Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner are 1-2 years older than most of the people on this list.

Can I ask why the Jackets of the middle part of last year are the "real Jackets" but the Jackets at the end, and the Jackets of 2016-2017 are the "fake Jackets"? It's just so in keeping with your tendencies that you would choose the worst stretch in recent history to be the expectation.

People also COMPLETELY IGNORE the well above average start to the year last year. We have players like Dubinsky who started the season (nearly 33%) "very good" that get practically zero credit. In fact they get "attacked" as if they had NO positive affect on the team and actually "dragged the team down" to a playoff spot.. The 'chicken littles' completely ignore the 1st 1/3 of the season and the last 1/3 of the season. Or they make "excuses" for WHY the team won, or WHY the wins don't count as much for some reason. They also ignore the injuries to some pretty significant guys in the middle of the year. Atkinson, Wennberg, Dubinsky and Murray are important pieces that were out. People also conveniently leave out that Anderson was out at the end of the year, and it didn't seem to affect the team at all.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Reminder, that at 24, Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner are 1-2 years older than most of the people on this list.

People also COMPLETELY IGNORE the well above average start to the year last year. We have players like Dubinsky who started the season (nearly 33%) "very good" that get practically zero credit. In fact they get "attacked" as if they had NO positive affect on the team and actually "dragged the team down" to a playoff spot.. The 'chicken littles' completely ignore the 1st 1/3 of the season and the last 1/3 of the season. Or they make "excuses" for WHY the team won, or WHY the wins don't count as much for some reason. They also ignore the injuries to some pretty significant guys in the middle of the year. Atkinson, Wennberg, Dubinsky and Murray are important pieces that were out. People also conveniently leave out that Anderson was out at the end of the year, and it didn't seem to affect the team at all.
Dubinsky gets a ton of credit from me, until he was injured...and he hasn't been the same since. I'm not saying he never will be, I just don't think the odds are in his favor. And relying on him to be the same player he was at the start of last season is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I have a feeling our budding rivalry is picking up a notch! Now we have to knock them out of the playoffs to make it legit.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So, its either Jarmo DIDN'T TRY AT ALL or he NEVER HAD A CHANCE CUZ OF TORTS!!

Got it.
You bother reading the quote ? Jarmo did try, acording to him , went to his agent to discuss and Matt said he didn’t want to be here .

CBJ Kekalainen on Calvert: "We made it clear to Matt Calvert we like him, and we talked to his agent before he became a UFA. But I've said it many times, sometimes people want to make a decision for their lives and families and they decide to move on and go somewhere else"

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I am of the opinion that if you don’t want to be here then get the eff off my team, Panarin included. I’m more concerned with the replacements for these bodies/production, as I’ve said all along.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
“Great opportunity for hockey,” Johnson said. “I’ve really been wanting to be a part of a winning culture, in a place where the expectations to win are as high as can be, and there’s a chance to win. I don’t think I could’ve asked for a better opportunity than here.”

“There were a few things that didn’t go according to plan,” Johnson said. “Some of those things I’d prefer not to discuss in the media. I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Not coming to an extension in Columbus led me to this opportunity. I couldn’t be happier. I wouldn’t trade a thing that happened to be standing here right now.”

Penguins, Jack Johnson confident five-year deal with work

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Why was Jarmo's press conference not streamed? They used to do that.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
You bother reading the quote ? Jarmo did try, acording to him , went to his agent to discuss and Matt said he didn’t want to be here
Calvert's been in the organization for 10 years. Totally within his rights, he chose to move to Denver, which has at least a handful of things that Columbus does not. We all need a shakeup in our lives every now and then, I'd imagine Calvert isn't any different.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Calvert's been in the organization for 10 years. Totally within his rights, he chose to move to Denver, which has at least a handful of things that Columbus does not. We all need a shakeup in our lives every now and then.
He has 3 kids now right? or 2? Dude needs all the money he can have.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So who is 2nd line LW as things stand now? Foligno I presume. Jenner on the 3rd line. Milano on the 4th where he seems ill suited.

This position is the one where the Jackets are most discombobulated imo.

Maybe the other R Nash can be had on a one year deal now that he has expressed reservations about playing at all?

Anthony Duclair is still available as far as I know. Seems he would be a good risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad