Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Well at least we won't have to worry about the absorbent cost of playoff tickets as they go up round by round.
Yup, the OHL dragging their feet to make sure this decision bleeds into the playoffs did our wallets a favor.

Thanks to Ken as well for having so little control over this team.

Reactions: armchaircoaches

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Yup, the OHL dragging their feet to make sure this decision bleeds into the playoffs did our wallets a favor.

This falls 100% on ownership/management and coaches.
So fed up with ownership walking around the arena talking about the players. Making comments about a bad goal let in etc...
Management for the colossal failure to address a weakness in net that everyone has noticed and discussed for months.
Coaching for not holding any players accountable for extended shifts/ lack of effort/bad penalties
All of the above points have led to where we are today. Players get to do and say whatever they want without fear of repercussions
It's the fans that will pay the price for this with a short playoff run, the mailman moving upstairs with Paps again and bringing back the remaining coaches (cheap $)

Oh ya keep playing Sweet Carolina!

Reactions: howlman

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Losing Villeneuve for 15 games is a huge blow. Stupidity on his part. Losing him to start the playoffs is an even more massive blow. One of our best players, and the type of guy you absolutely need for the playoffs.

When it's all said and done Wolves could be the #6 seed heading into the Playoffs, and completely choke away home ice advantage. Time to wake tf up. Rally around this and don't blow this. They'd have control of 1st had they not completely sh*t the bed recently against Mississauga, Barrie and Oshawa.

Playoffs will tell us everything about this team. Don't want to hear any excuses from coach Ken or Papineau. It's all about the playoffs with this so called "contender". Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about this team choking this year away and somehow finding a way to choke round 1. Would be an epic failure, and I can guarantee you many season ticket holders will be saying "bye bye" if it happens.

Wolves, prove us all wrong come playoffs and make a statement that Papineau built a true contender, that Ken can actually coach, and that this group of players can come together when it counts and go deep into the playoffs.

I want that 2007 feeling back with going to the barn round after round. Been too long, and quite frankly it's embarrassing with how long it's been taking the Wolves to be able to ice a true contender. Incompetence from ownership down to management. The Wolves history in general with regard to team success is even more embarrassing (just look up at the rafters to see the banners and that tells you everything you need to know)

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Losing Villeneuve for 15 games is a huge blow. Stupidity on his part. Losing him to start the playoffs is an even more massive blow. One of our best players, and the type of guy you absolutely need for the playoffs.

When it's all said and done Wolves could be the #6 seed heading into the Playoffs, and completely choke away home ice advantage. Time to wake tf up. Rally around this and don't blow this. They'd have control of 1st had they not completely sh*t the bed recently against Mississauga, Barrie and Oshawa.

Playoffs will tell us everything about this team. Don't want to hear any excuses from coach Ken or Papineau. It's all about the playoffs with this so called "contender". Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about this team choking this year away and somehow finding a way to choke round 1. Would be an epic failure, and I can guarantee you many season ticket holders will be saying "bye bye" if it happens.

Wolves, prove us all wrong come playoffs and make a statement that Papineau built a true contender, that Ken can actually coach, and that this group of players can come together when it counts and go deep into the playoffs.

I want that 2007 feeling back with going to the barn round after round. Been too long, and quite frankly it's embarrassing with how long it's been taking the Wolves to be able to ice a true contender. Incompetence from ownership down to management. The Wolves history in general with regard to team success is even more embarrassing (just look up at the rafters to see the banners and that tells you everything you need to know)

I hope your right but I'm getting that 2014 feeling. This team has the most talent it has ever had, right back to the 2007 team. It is inexcusable if there isn't a deep playoff run here with this group

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay

The banners up in the rafters is embarrassing. The team coming to our barn Friday has 3 Memorial Cups since 2009. Heck, even the Greyhounds have won one back in 1993.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Two options are how the season goes from here

1) Team comes together and has a historic end of the season
2) Team gives up and has a historic failure.

The banners up in the rafters is embarrassing. The team coming to our barn Friday has 3 Memorial Cups since 2009. Heck, even the Greyhounds have won one back in 1993.

Biggest failure of a franchise in the OHL, Sarnia is the only one who can even stick around in the same conversation

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Two options are how the season goes from here

1) Team comes together and has a historic end of the season
2) Team gives up and has a historic failure.

Biggest failure of a franchise in the OHL, Sarnia is the only one who can even stick around in the same conversation
Maybe add Kingston. I think I might be out as a season-ticket holder myself if we have a short run. I spend way too much money anyway. Watch it on tv. Sick!

Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Maybe add Kingston. I think I might be out as a season-ticket holder myself if we have a short run. I spend way too much money anyway. Watch it on tv. Sick!
I gave Kingston the edge over Sudbury, Sudbury has 1 series win since 13-14, Kingston has 5. I think a lot fo us are going to be in the same boat for season ticket renewals. This year had a lot of hype and potential. Don't remember the last time they had this much talent, this many high picks, this many players away at NHL camps. That combined with the continued greed of how they priced playoff tickets for season ticket holders this year. 0 loyalty to the fan base, why should the fanbase return any to them.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I hope your right but I'm getting that 2014 feeling. This team has the most talent it has ever had, right back to the 2007 team. It is inexcusable if there isn't a deep playoff run here with this group
If it’s any consolation, I think goaltending would likely sink us anyway but if the Wolves can’t win at least one series without these two guys, they don’t deserve it anyway.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

Well, I think the players have to bear some of the blame. Considering how woke and p***y this league has become they really should’ve known better than to say such things in writing. Niagara Falls had to change ownership over comments on a chat.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I gave Kingston the edge over Sudbury, Sudbury has 1 series win since 13-14, Kingston has 5. I think a lot fo us are going to be in the same boat for season ticket renewals. This year had a lot of hype and potential. Don't remember the last time they had this much talent, this many high picks, this many players away at NHL camps. That combined with the continued greed of how they priced playoff tickets for season ticket holders this year. 0 loyalty to the fan base, why should the fanbase return any to them.
Yeah, maybe put us out of our misery and let Zulich move the team to Markham and enjoy a ton of success out there with about 500 people per game.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
So any time during a game and there is a fight and someone yells "I'm going to kill you" its now a 5 minute penalty for fighting and 15 game suspension??
I've heard it dozens of times over the decades of watching OHL hockey....very slippery slope.
Suspension is way too long and its pathetic that the league takes this long to make a decision so that it extends into the play offs. I understand a suspension and a team fine.
Hopefully and with our prayers, the Barrie player , his team and coaching staff will be able to make a comeback from this and be able to play hockey again.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
C'mon Wolves fans get it together, one player does not make a team and he's not gone forever...still lots of hockey to be played until we hopefully see you in the OHL Finals but in the interim hoping the Hounds come out with a dub tonight :P
I hear it’s fun to play in the traffic on Queen Street. How about we take Barker out for 15 games and another good player for 10 and then we’ll compare notes.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad