Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Difficult to say .None has shone.They invested a second in Gaulton but he looks overwhelmed.On balance of play Morrow has been the best but I think the Wolves have been surprised by Krawchuk
I'd say the position is Morrow's to lose. May the best man win. Should be interesting

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Missed part of the first so can't say for sure.K Walton played well and will be a beast in a year.He can skate and stick handle and can hit .Once he fills out he will be difficult to remove from the puck

Reactions: cub

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Will wait until we see all the signings and any potential trade to comment to much, Surprised to see Mauro signed, already at 13 forwards with just Walton and Villeneuve, Mauro was definitely one of the 2-3 strongest unsigned forwards though.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Free

Attachments

• F32A3B2B-5A78-4A7F-BF88-C0C72019148E.png
    F32A3B2B-5A78-4A7F-BF88-C0C72019148E.png
    2 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: cub

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Interesting choices. We'll see how it works out.
Not sure why they are interesting choices as they were the best players on the ice. Mauro is the only questionable choice as I thought he looked small against some of the giants out there. I would say Hollingsworth and Simpson will be released and or traded.
Papineau said he was still waiting on a few acceptance players. Was hoping Braydon Bruce is signed....big kid and can skate , making our defence even bigger.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Not sure why they are interesting choices as they were the best players on the ice. Mauro is the only questionable choice as I thought he looked small against some of the giants out there. I would say Hollingsworth and Simpson will be released and or traded.
Papineau said he was still waiting on a few acceptance players. Was hoping Braydon Bruce is signed....big kid and can skate , making our defence even bigger.
I thought Bruce was a fair ways better then Protz, though at the end of the day, sounds like he's going to end up in the CCHL anyways. Di Giantomaso being a year younger then Mauro, I thought they may go with him based on his goal scoring. I also through Morrow was far and away the best goalie in camp, so was pretty surprised to Krawchuk.

Lots of room for these players to show more in the pre-season games.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Questions
Severity of Villeneuve's injury during Blue and White game ?
Is Mc Callum possibly being traded to Peterborough to reunite with his rookie brother?
Is Anania's position in jeopardy with the signing of Toure?
Will Wolves try to secure commitments from some of Di Giantomasso,Bruce ,Andrew Brown ,Morrow ?

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Questions
Severity of Villeneuve's injury during Blue and White game ?
Is Mc Callum possibly being traded to Peterborough to reunite with his rookie brother?
Is Anania's position in jeopardy with the signing of Toure?
Will Wolves try to secure commitments from some of Di Giantomasso,Bruce ,Andrew Brown ,Morrow ? delete

Last edited:

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I was just looking at the roster on the OHL site & noticed some height/weight must have been updated since last season. Most notable for me is Nolan Collins showing 6'4" 210 lbs now. I recall him being around 190-195 lbs last year. He could be big & nasty this year with that added size.

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
Looks like we got a little more speed and grit but I think we are still really weak defensively. You won't see Morrow nor Rossi around again. Rumour mill has it Morrow turned down on offer. Maybe it was only a one year or something. Either way they both will be going ncaa

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I didnt watch the game last night but noticed McCallum playing undisciplined on the scoresheet. Not a smart move for an expandable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad