Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Kudos to the Wolves for a season where they surpassed expectations.

Krawchuk 15/15, I look forward to seeing him next year, really feels like we have our starter of the future(And should have been present)

To the Petes -

Congrats to your loser fans who got themselves kicked out

Congrats to the classless players who spent their time taunting the crowd. Othmann, what an absolute loser.

To the rest of the Petes fans and players, good luck in the next round, you'll need it against Ottawa.

Go 67s Go!
I finally had to tell that guy where to stick his horn and thankfully others in that section chimed in and the assclown got kicked out. Man if that had been back in the eighties or nineties they might have had their teeth in their pockets as a souvenir. Even now man………….You just don’t do that, especially in Sudbury and introducing myself might have made going to the game worthwhile but alas I cant spend the night in jail at this point….wouldn’t be appreciated. Last word on them is I know they’re not reflective of the Petes fanbase.
Also thanks to the antics of Petes tonight they’re number one on my hit list and I will take immense satisfaction in their demise. The Wolves we’re getting nailed for every infraction, Jackson and company were sickenly bad, missing many calls against the Petes so certain Petes did not have to embarrass themselves and their jersey by acting like [MOD] and embellishing shamelessly. Vomit!

As far as the Wolves, I don’t know what the hell happened. I’ve never seen anything like it.Ever. A constant parade to the penalty box for four games straight. Musty was out of control tonight. All on Mackenzie and to an extent on Papineau for his selection of players. I guess the highlight was a pretty good second half. if nothing else, hopefully this playoff series was a lesson for the Wolves on what not to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Christensen

Mar 8, 2019
I finally had to tell that guy where to stick his horn and thankfully others in that section chimed in and the assclown got kicked out. Man if that had been back in the eighties or nineties they might have had their teeth in their pockets as a souvenir. Even now man………….You just don’t do that, especially in Sudbury and introducing myself might have made going to the game worthwhile but alas I cant spend the night in jail at this point….wouldn’t be appreciated. Last word on them is I know they’re not reflective of the Petes fanbase.
Also thanks to the antics of Petes tonight they’re number one on my hit list and I will take immense satisfaction in their demise. The Wolves we’re getting nailed for every infraction, Jackson a

nd company were sickenly bad, missing many calls against the Petes so certain Petes did not have to embarrass themselves and their jersey by acting like fairies, and embellishing shamelessly. Vomit!

As far as the Wolves, I don’t know what the hell happened. I’ve never seen anything like it.Ever. A constant parade to the penalty box for four games straight. Musty was out of control tonight. All on Mackenzie and to an extent on Papineau for his selection of players. I guess the highlight was a pretty good second half. if nothing else, hopefully this playoff series was a lesson for the Wolves on what not to do.

SilverCity

Sep 23, 2022
Although I am a little disappointed in the outcome, as I thought it would be a much closer series, I want to Congratulate the BOYS for having a fantastic year!

I feel that we are a talented team, but are missing that 2nd line C that can put the puck in the net consistently. I feel we have similar type players that are more suited to be 3rd line role type of players. I put guys like Pharand, Villeneuve, Yearwood and Coughlin in that category. Players like Pharand and Ville will need to take their game to the next level for us to be a top 4 team next year.

I, for one, underappreciated Degrazia's contribution to this team. His speed and secondary scoring was much needed in this series. Without him, our 2nd line wasn't able to generate any opportunities. Degrazia is the perfect, complimentary 2nd line player that we are lacking.

Nonetheless, it's very exciting to be a Wolves fan. I am looking forward to seeing how this team develops over the next year or so. Lots of potential!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
As we look forward to next year, I decided to go take a quick look through how our prospects have done this year statistically. Standouts below.

Longshot of reporting category:
Michael Hage - Committed University of Michigan
Dalibor Dvorsky - EU depending who drafts him(top 10-15 pick), maybe they push him the OHL way for a year
Charles Pardue - Committed to U of Notre Dame
Adam Barone - Commited to Lake Superior State Univ

Prospects with solid stat lines, or who we saw in the lineup this year

Andrew Gaulton (G) - 5-4-1 3.84 .892
Conor Walton (D) - 46GP 4G 24A 28P 22PIM
Owen Protz (D) - 49GP 3G 15A 18P 28PIM
Marshall McCharles (LW) - 57GP 15G 15A 30Pts 14PIM
Braydon Bruce (D) 44GP 1G 10A 11Pts 30PIM
Blake Wright (C) - 33GP 10G 23A 33Pts 2PIM
Finn Marshall (G) - 7-1-0 2.69 .924
Nicholas Larkin (D) 47GP 10G 19A 29Pts 66PIM
Andrew Brown (D) 52GP 9G 27A 36Pts 65PIM
Ethan Morrow (G) 20-6-1 2.37 .911
Kent Moors (C) 41GP 19G 21A 40Pts 29PIM

Draft pick-wise, the Wolves will likely be adding one import, as the rights to Dalibor I believe, will be protected under the provision for first-round/projected first-round picks.

In terms of the OHL priority selection, Wolves will be adding a player at 9th overall, as well as Sarnia's 2nd(39th by my count) followed by three third round picks in Owen Sound, Kitcheners and Mississaugas.

Then of course there is the U18 draft which maybe teams undervalue, but the Wolves continue to find value in. Wolves, having gotten Emmett Serensits, Mitchell Weeks, Nick DeGrazia, and now Nate Krawchuk, they truly are the kings of the U18 draft at this point.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
As we look forward to next year, I decided to go take a quick look through how our prospects have done this year statistically. Standouts below.

Dalibor Dvorsky - EU depending who drafts him(top 10-15 pick), maybe they push him the OHL way for a year

Draft pick-wise, the Wolves will likely be adding one import, as the rights to Dalibor I believe, will be protected under the provision for first-round/projected first-round picks.

In terms of the OHL priority selection, Wolves will be adding a player at 9th overall, as well as Sarnia's 2nd(39th by my count) followed by three third round picks in Owen Sound, Kitcheners and Mississaugas.

Then of course there is the U18 draft which maybe teams undervalue, but the Wolves continue to find value in. Wolves, having gotten Emmett Serensits, Mitchell Weeks, Nick DeGrazia, and now Nate Krawchuk, they truly are the kings of the U18 draft at this point.
Would be amazing to see Devorsky report to play 1C between Goyette and the Munster. Delic drops down to wing with Villie and Konyen. McCallum /Pharand/Walton/Yearwood/Coughlan can round out bottom 6.
Knowing we will most likely trading our 1st at the deadline, perhaps some of those thirds can be packaged for another mid-round second?? Not sure we need 3 thirds so trade up or trade for more picks to stock pile/over flow the draft cupboard. For future moves. Maybe those thirds get used for a #1 tender??
Regardless, the team improved and are now in a great position for next season.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Speaking of goalies, Morrow seems to have lost the starters roll in Wellington. Perhaps he's injured, but he was the backup last night for Game 1 of round 3 of the playoffs.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Speaking of goalies, Morrow seems to have lost the starters roll in Wellington. Perhaps he's injured, but he was the backup last night for Game 1 of round 3 of the playoffs.
He's not in the wolves future plans I don't think. From the people I know who were in the "in" during last year's training camp,said he wasn't good enough. Krawchuk earned it.

Reactions: justawolfan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

Missing Giantommaso on that list. Didn’t he sign prior to the season?

Is currently on a three game scoring streak in the playoffs.

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Missing Giantommaso on that list. Didn’t he sign prior to the season?

Is currently on a three game scoring streak in the playoffs.

WJ
He did, missed him as his stats this season were not great, but obviously since he's signed he'll have a solid shot at the team.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kudos to the Wolves for a season where they surpassed expectations.

Krawchuk 15/15, I look forward to seeing him next year, really feels like we have our starter of the future(And should have been present)

To the Petes -

Congrats to your loser fans who got themselves kicked out

Congrats to the classless players who spent their time taunting the crowd. Othmann, what an absolute loser.

To the rest of the Petes fans and players, good luck in the next round, you'll need it against Ottawa.

Go 67s Go!
Really classy.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Really classy.
Are you kidding? You really should have seen the clowns with the air horn. I’ve never seen that kind of assholery in decades. Drunken idiots yelling nonsense on their way out. Maybe just got daddy’s permission and their ID to drink. You could see they didn’t think anyone would actually do anything, they were too stupid and drunk. I know a few guys who looked for them as we were exiting. The kind that were crazy enough to do something. Might have had the surprise of their lives then would have likely cried and whined to the cops.
As far as the Petes yes some were obnoxious. The Wolves are very chirpy no doubt but they don’t extend it beyond the ice to the crowd. Add to that a few pukes who weren’t playing and were sitting not far making smart ass remarks during the play. Good thing for all involved the people that sit there showed up. So let’s just say certain members of the Petes and their fans were less than “classy” themselves. You go into a team‘s barn, cheer no problem but you know your place, keep your mouth shut and are respectful. Symptomatic of the younger generation who have never learned to be accountable for their actions.
Haning said that, I certainly wouldn’t shed a tear to watch the 67s get knocked down. At least Sevtion 5 and the people I met in Peterborough were cool and at least the arena wasn’t a labyrinth like library .More than I can say, for some of the, self-important,passive aggressive and arrogant posters on the Ottawa board….that feel the need to flaunt their arrogance on other boards.

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Anyone think that the Rangers owe us something this off season for essentially helping them get an extra top 10 pick in this years draft when we took Hage. Plus the 4th we gave them. Can only hope the favour is returned.

WJ

Reactions: howlman

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Are you kidding? You really should have seen the clowns with the air horn. I’ve never seen that kind of assholery in decades. Drunken idiots yelling nonsense on their way out. Maybe just got daddy’s permission and their ID to drink. You could see they didn’t think anyone would actually do anything, they were too stupid and drunk. I know a few guys who looked for them as we were exiting. The kind that were crazy enough to do something. Might have had the surprise of their lives then would have likely cried and whined to the cops.
As far as the Petes yes some were obnoxious. The Wolves are very chirpy no doubt but they don’t extend it beyond the ice to the crowd. Add to that a few pukes who weren’t playing and were sitting not far making smart ass remarks during the play. Good thing for all involved the people that sit there showed up. So let’s just say certain members of the Petes and their fans were less than “classy” themselves. You go into a team‘s barn, cheer no problem but you know your place, keep your mouth shut and are respectful. Symptomatic of the younger generation who have never learned to be accountable for their actions.
Haning said that, I certainly wouldn’t shed a tear to watch the 67s get knocked down. At least Sevtion 5 and the people I met in Peterborough were cool and at least the arena wasn’t a labyrinth like library .More than I can say, for some of the, self-important,passive aggressive and arrogant posters on the Ottawa board….that feel the need to flaunt their arrogance on other boards.
I have a feeling he was the clown the air horn.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Season has ended . He still getting fired? As per you..
Yep… would you give him another 5 yr contract based on history of his lack of success? What has he done? Nothing…. He has not gone anywhere in the playoffs, doesn’t have the picks for a run next yr., NO starting goalie, no defence. There are way too many holes in this line up to make it past the first round. If this team doesn’t get a starter, 4 defenceman that can play next season and get rid of a few players that many on here are think are the saviours, not much will improve from this season. One GOOD player, the right age is 4 or 5 picks, and the team only gets him if it isn’t out bid. A great player WILL cost a lot more, the Wolves do not have the assets to move, players or picks. Names will be tossed out there, but the perceived value of some of these player is way over priced, especially when you know 100% they have been on the wire for three years.

Look down the Hwy at NB, this team has the best goalie in the OHL, better defence in Nelson, and forwards about even with the Wolves, and they may not win.

There is one critical thing 19 of the 20 other teams have and that is character. There is no character on the wolves, that was traded by Papineau in Holmes and Ranger. There is a big difference between character and stupidity and the wolves have the later in spades.

Great teams win because they fight through bad reffing, cheap shots, bad calls by linemen. The Wolves don’t have enough of that capability on this team. There’s a couple players, but you need a team of it.

In the end, Peterborough won because they are a better team. A team doesn’t lose 4 in a row e cause of bad calls, they lose because they lost a percentage of the shifts, poor goaltending, being out coached and stupid penalties. The Wolves were guilty of all of them. I maybe wrong or right, but that’s just my opinion based on what I see when I’m in the rinks around the leagues.

My prediction next year: not much better than this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad