Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Big one tonight. Going for 9 in a row with Friday night home games. Say what you will about the inconsistencies of this team, but there is no denying this team is hot at home on Friday nights. Enjoy

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I went to th game last night and it is very clear. North Bay is a way more disciplined and complete team. They won because they are smarter, have a special teams, HAVE a defence core and good goal tending. Again, like Krawchuck and Brassard, the defence on this team is costing games, Ranger faced the exact same problem. The wolves need defence and a goalie if they want to even come close to making the playoffs next year. I was speaking with a friend and former Knights GM last night about his thots on the Wolves next year and he told me the Wolves are short about 12-15 additional picks to make a contender for 89s 20 yr old year. I agree 100%. He and I agree that any thot of the Wolves making a run next year is ridiculous. Papineau has had 5 yrs to do something and has achieved nothing, and that’s why he is getting fired. I will bet $1 dollar the exact same posts will be on this page next season if these issues aren’t addressed like the house is on fire, because it is. You can’t win a championship with a goal differential of 2 in goals for and against. The only year I can remember that happening was with the Edmonton Oilers when they won their first cup.

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I went to th game last night and it is very clear. North Bay is a way more disciplined and complete team. They won because they are smarter, have a special teams, HAVE a defence core and good goal tending. Again, like Krawchuck and Brassard, the defence on this team is costing games, Ranger faced the exact same problem. The wolves need defence and a goalie if they want to even come close to making the playoffs next year. I was speaking with a friend and former Knights GM last night about his thots on the Wolves next year and he told me the Wolves are short about 12-15 additional picks to make a contender for 89s 20 yr old year. I agree 100%. He and I agree that any thot of the Wolves making a run next year is ridiculous. Papineau has had 5 yrs to do something and has achieved nothing, and that’s why he is getting fired. I will bet $1 dollar the exact same posts will be on this page next season if these issues aren’t addressed like the house is on fire, because it is. You can’t win a championship with a goal differential of 2 in goals for and against. The only year I can remember that happening was with the Edmonton Oilers when they won their first cup.
I agree that wolves will need to bring in 2-OAs and a 19 yr old for D & G (to start). But to say the wolves are 12-15 picks shy of a contender when they are around top third in picks is laughable.

Reactions: WolvesFan

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I find your post laughable, if your friend is a former GM of the knights that is why he is a former if he ever was a GM. Paps did not address the concerns of this team at the trade deadline to better their chances of making the playoffs and focussed more for next year. Assadorin should have been moved for a goalie and there were OA goalies available not pics putting all your eggs in one basket for next year. Increasing your chances of a longer playoff run this year would have been more beneficial with regards to experience for next years run. A smart GM may have gone this way but he rolled the dice on a flyer. Dario has big decisions to be made for next year especially if Derek lands a job in the NHL which is a very big possibility.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I was talking to the guy that use to fire the T shirt cannon and he said that the guy that shovels the slush after the zamboni leaves the ice was told by howlers costume designers paper boy that the GM stays.. you heard it here first.
paper boy …I call BS.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I find your post laughable, if your friend is a former GM of the knights that is why he is a former if he ever was a GM. Paps did not address the concerns of this team at the trade deadline to better their chances of making the playoffs and focussed more for next year. Assadorin should have been moved for a goalie and there were OA goalies available not pics putting all your eggs in one basket for next year. Increasing your chances of a longer playoff run this year would have been more beneficial with regards to experience for next years run. A smart GM may have gone this way but he rolled the dice on a flyer. Dario has big decisions to be made for next year especially if Derek lands a job in the NHL which is a very big possibility.
We will see. He has had great success with the Knights, that speaks for itself. 15 pick s over 3 yrs is not a lot. Look at the cost of a highly value player. What did Holmes bring.? That’s one player. This team will never win with thinking it’s a player or two away from making a run. This team needs a starting goalie, at least 3 defenders that play the position, and a good penalty killer. The current trend of thinking isn’t working, time to try what is.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
What do you guys think of Musty's play of late and how it's going to affect his ranking? It hasn't been pretty and as people have mentioned, the blind passes and giveaways are a bit worrisome. Not exactly lighting it up!

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
What do you guys think of Musty's play of late and how it's going to affect his ranking? It hasn't been pretty and as people have mentioned, the blind passes and giveaways are a bit worrisome. Not exactly lighting it up!
Musty has a great heavy shot but I honestly think he struggles with playmaking decisions while under pressure. More noticeable especially on the pp.
Just my thoughts

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I got bad news but from what I heard Degrazia is out 8 to 12 weeks so likely done. Lets just say it was from a pretty good source and he was pretty depressed telling me about it I guess no one will have to complain about him anymore . It happened last night. He took a penalty for retaliating when he took a slash that broke his wrist. Figures. Big loss as far as I'm concerned, our best penalty killer. Ritchie looks like it could be bad.

Nice win by the Wolves. Mania, Mauro, and Chromiak stood out for me. Krawchuk kept it steady tonight.
Ya he actually played goal when needed. Luxury we don't always have.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Points in 5 straight games, 10 total over that span, not lighting it up at all! I think NHL teams are going to pass on him completely at this rate.

Only 4 games without a point since October 28th

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
just wondering if Niagara will get here tomorrow do to the storm down south, when do you think we would know?

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Nice win...refs let it get out of hand. If they would have called the interference in the Oshawa zone the entire scrum would have never happened. If they would have called the crosscheck in front of the wolves bench the goal by Oshawa wouldnt have happened. On to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad