Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I'd hate to see the Pilon twins go. I take it they would both be overagers next year? If that's the case then I can see what the dilemma would be. Lots of road to go before we cross that bridge though.
Good nip and tuck game last night. Parity in our conference (and throughout the league) is very noticeable this year. Very important that the Wolves found a way to win a close one to improve their confidence at closing out games. The importance of the addition of Blaisdelle cannot be overstated. I'm also thrilled with the play of Rhoades. Along with Candella (who has been steadily improving and fitting in) Papineau has already shown himself to be infinitely better at making good deals than previous management. I also liked the play of Frappier and at this point he may well deserve the net more than Jake (hopefully that serves as motivation for him as a healthy competition in goal is a good thing). We need to string together a few wins to climb over .500 and hopefully not look back.
Sokolov and the pilons to the Soo for kopacka and ?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Kopacka doesn’t get you that in return.
What do you think he would fetch? I would think a boatload. If the Soo makes a move, it will likely be using picks and maybe a younger player. Doesn't make sense to move Kopacka this year since they're contenders.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
Kopacka doesn’t get you that in return.
I'm guessing that is why she included 'and ?'.

I would love to see the Pilons in the Hounds' lineup, in the hopes their hustle and effort are infectious for the Soo's top players. But I can see the Hounds' brass snobbily turning up their noses at their game which does not exactly revolve around puck handling and possession.

Last edited:

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
What do you think he would fetch? I would think a boatload. If the Soo makes a move, it will likely be using picks and maybe a younger player. Doesn't make sense to move Kopacka this year since they're contenders.
Yes, totally agree with this. Although if there was one player for whom it would be worth moving an age 19 top forward, it would be Sokolov. He would be dynamite with a center like Morgan Frost.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yes, totally agree with this. Although if there was one player for whom it would be worth moving an age 19 top forward, it would be Sokolov. He would be dynamite with a center like Morgan Frost.
Well if we do end up moving him, Id rather see him go to the Hounds than pretty much anyone else. The guy is a game breaker and natural goal scorer. What do the Soo have as assets to move this year to make a move at the deadline. I'm thinking Sarnia is the main competition.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
About the Sokolov to SSM rumours, they just got Sandin and there's been reports that they're getting their other import pick too closer to the middle of the season

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I think in return we would need to start with Fowler and DeMeo for Sokolov. If the Pilons are added in the deal then Roth and the exchange of pics.

It would need to start there. But then again Sudbury could run the course and not deal anymore the rest of the season and maybe look to add a depth player on defence for a pick and Makkonen. As much as it sucks to talk trading Sokolov it does need to be explored.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I think in return we would need to start with Fowler and DeMeo for Sokolov. If the Pilons are added in the deal then Roth and the exchange of pics.

It would need to start there. But then again Sudbury could run the course and not deal anymore the rest of the season and maybe look to add a depth player on defence for a pick and Makkonen. As much as it sucks to talk trading Sokolov it does need to be explored.

WJ
Right but let's enjoy him for now. If and when it happens it shouldn't be t'ill the deadline, and then only to the highest bidder.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
I'm guessing that is why she included 'and ?'.

I would love to see the Pilons in the Hounds' lineup, in the hopes their hustle and effort are infectious for the Soo's top players. But I can see the Hounds' brass snobbily turning up their noses at their game which does not exactly revolve around puck handling and possession.
yu can have the twins for free.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo

Frost along with Kopacka, Katchock and slightly less the past 2 games Gettinger need a kick in the pants. They’re mostly playing half-hearted. Finally the coach had to bench a few of them to get the message across.

This team doesn’t need another forward they could use another Dman. Maybe a center with some size and grit to take face offs and shut down other teams top lines.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Frost along with Kopacka, Katchock and slightly less the past 2 games Gettinger need a kick in the pants. They’re mostly playing half-hearted. Finally the coach had to bench a few of them to get the message across.

This team doesn’t need another forward they could use another Dman. Maybe a center with some size and grit to take face offs and shut down other teams top lines.

No doubt, a Pezetta (type C) could be used by the hounds. And F just willing to get in the path of forcheckers would greatly aid some D a little shy in securing the puck.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
No doubt, a Pezetta (type C) could be used by the hounds. And F just willing to get in the path of forcheckers would greatly aid some D a little shy in securing the puck.

Is Pezetta good in the face off zone and defensive coverage?

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Pilon X2
Makkonen
Pezzetta

For;

Wale
Leguerrier
Jacklin
Martin

That gives Sudbury some young defenceman to replace Blaisdell, Rhodes and O’Grady/Candella. Also gives Sudbury two young forwards, one of which who can score pretty well (Jacklin - who is also from Sudbury). All 4 players Sudbury would get are gonna grow a lot by having good playing time in this scenario.

In exchange Sudbury would give up a defenceman that isn’t with them (at home awaiting a trade) and three 19 year olds who aren’t superstars but are good.
Leaves Sudbury in a good spot to move Sokolov and some other older guys to other teams and really reap in some benefits, setting up this team to be a threat in the near future.

Thoughts?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Pilon X2
Makkonen
Pezzetta

For;

Wale
Leguerrier
Jacklin
Martin

That gives Sudbury some young defenceman to replace Blaisdell, Rhodes and O’Grady/Candella. Also gives Sudbury two young forwards, one of which who can score pretty well (Jacklin - who is also from Sudbury). All 4 players Sudbury would get are gonna grow a lot by having good playing time in this scenario.

In exchange Sudbury would give up a defenceman that isn’t with them (at home awaiting a trade) and three 19 year olds who aren’t superstars but are good.
Leaves Sudbury in a good spot to move Sokolov and some other older guys to other teams and really reap in some benefits, setting up this team to be a threat in the near future.

Thoughts?

You are asking a lot. Those three forwards would make up one the best checking lines & PK units in the league.
Hayton or screw off! :). Lots of inexperienced youth now, in jr A & B, and picks to spare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad