Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No doubt four vet D made a difference; but, it was the twins that were heroes tonight. They beat out three icings in the last five minutes, the last (with determined work by Levin) created the game ending insurance goal. The twins effort level is absurd.
HM to Bulitka, Levin, & Pezzetta for FOW %.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Stillman - Getting plenty out of Levin. Rewards him. Has him on the ice to close out the game.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Stillman - Getting plenty out of Levin. Rewards him. Has him on the ice to close out the game.

I agree, you can tell last few games Levin seems like a different player, more defensive responsible, moving his feet, moving the puck. It is great to see, have to give credit to coaching staff on staying on top of him.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I agree, you can tell last few games Levin seems like a different player, more defensive responsible, moving his feet, moving the puck. It is great to see, have to give credit to coaching staff on staying on top of him.

Yep. Apparently Levin busy speaking w scouts after the game. I believe Stillman doesn't mix punches. He tells them straight, get to the next level you do it my way and this is what you need to do. Or else....

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

Is it safe to use the "D" word? As in, D for Development, something that finally seems to be evident in a legit high profile player with serious NHL draft ambitions?

Really hope this keeps up. If Levin keeps playing like he has of late and improves his draft stock that'll look good on our organization.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Is it safe to use the "D" word? As in, D for Development, something that finally seems to be evident in a legit high profile player with serious NHL draft ambitions?

Really hope this keeps up. If Levin keeps playing like he has of late and improves his draft stock that'll look good on our organization.

Absolutely. Papineau did allude to that very point. Not nesssarily reguarding Levin but as a whole.

Wolves just need to continue the game plan and the rest will fall into place. Thus far Papineau/Stillman a good thing for this organization. Back on track gentlemen.

Last edited:

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
No doubt four vet D made a difference; but, it was the twins that were heroes tonight. They beat out three icings in the last five minutes, the last (with determined work by Levin) created the game ending insurance goal. The twins effort level is absurd.
HM to Bulitka, Levin, & Pezzetta for FOW %.

That was a great game. And I want to point out it was one game.... but its two home wins in a row... :) I cannot believe Darian Pilon was not given a star... man, was he working. Levin, that fourth goal was not a highlight reel like last Friday's, but I certainly preferred the one last night. Perhaps Levin with the twins will continue to elevate his game. And Sokolov, I saw backchecking several shifts... whaaat? Personally, the sitting of Lajeunesse and Soks last Sunday is a discipline I whole-heartedly agree with. McGrath, solid between the pipes - although those pipes bailed him out twice at least, but their part of his equipment too, right? Likely as someone mentioned, having another vet D likely helped 'calm' things down on the backend too. All in all, a great game to attend. As Stillman said a week or so a go, we are headed in the right direction. Play the rookies? Absolutely, they are developing nicely and watch them flourish in the second half. Hurry home Carson, hurry home. Go Wolves Go.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I hate to bring it up in light of such a positive showing from the Wolves but I couldn't help but notice how some fans gave Levin a less than enthusiastic reception when he was named second star. What gives with that?? I thought it was pathetic and it put a damper on an otherwise great night.
I wonder what do you guys think about Levin playing with both Pilons?

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I'll be curious to see if C. C. finishes the season as a wolf. His defencive game quite questionable.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
He has been consistently getting points and he scored a beauty last night. Why would he not finish the year? Makes no sense. The Wolves are not exactly ocean deep on the blueline.
By the way not sure using initials serves any purpose. Certainly not if the aim is to conceal their identity.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
rumors Sokolov wants out after getting sat in last night Gm.

Well if that's the case we better get a boatload. As well good luck in your professional world when you pout for getting a consequence for your own mistake. The advice these kids get today is all wrong.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'll be curious to see if C. C. finishes the season as a wolf. His defencive game quite questionable.

I think ‘C.C.’ stays, as long as the wolves are in the playoff race. If Papineau believes he may be back for an OA season, there is no reason to trade him this season.
Last night, with experienced D partners, Candella was more than solid overall. The point shot for a goal was a rocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad